Thursday, November 08, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday!

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.


Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

Thank you all for participating, I've loved all the wonderful recipes you've shared ;)
I found this recipe online a long time ago and I can't remember where I got it, but it's really good.



SMOKEHOUSE CHICKEN


1 whole chicken
1/4 cup liquid smoke


1. Rinse chicken inside and out, and pat dry.
2. Place in crock pot, breast side down.
3. Pour liquid smoke over top.
4. Cover and cook on low until done, about 10 hours, or until chicken is cooked to desired tenderness. (some crock pots cook faster than others, even on low).

If desired, salt your chicken inside and out before placing in crock pot. I've recently learned that some liquid smoke has added ingredients, and that will also affect the results -- the kind I use is only "water and smoke." Also, cooking times vary with different crock pots and with the size of your chicken. When I prepare this, I use a chicken weighing between 4 and 4 1/2 pounds. Your chicken may be done in less than 10 hours -- use your judgement based on past experience with your crock pot.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks interesting. I bet it tastes good!


MJ

Kyra said...

Thanks for hosting! All my firends and family can't wait for Thursday!

Melonie said...

This does sound interesting - if only for the fun of trying to figure out where one finds liquid smoke on the commissary shelves. heh heh.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Sandra, that sounds wonderful! I'm definitely going to have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing :)

How are you all feeling? I've been praying for you!

Blessings,
Lori

Sandra said...

Melonie - The liquid smoke is usually near the worcestershire sauce and stuff....at least that's where my commissary keeps it.

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra.that sounds oh so good.:) Thanks for posting it and hosting as always.Have a great day

The Frugal Apprentice said...

Oh girl, I used one of those liquid smokes that you are talking about with the added ingredients -- big mistake! I used about 1/4 of a teaspoon (seriously) in a pot of soup and it gave it the most awful aftertaste! I didn't realize until I just read what you said about it that it was the extra ingredients that caused the problem! Thanks for the information!

Sherry

Anonymous said...

sounds really delicious, Sandra!! Hope everyone is feeling better--we all have colds in our home. Have a great week.

Jen said...

Sounds great....I'll have to write this one down and try it....I finally got mine up....can you believe I remembered to do this?

Pennies In My Pocket said...

OH MY GOODNESS ... I am SO excited that I stumbled upon your blog! I LOVE it! I'm still new around the blog world, but man oh man am I findin' some good stuff! I'll be coming by often!!

Thanks!
Melody

Anonymous said...

You have no idea how much I look forward to Thursdays.

Mari said...

This is great - couldn't get much easier! Does it taste like grilled chicken?

Renee said...

This sounds so good! I can't wait to try it out. I've already taken a chicken out of the freezer to defrost. Thanks for sharing.

Renee'

Eleisia said...

There aren't many recipes with only two ingredients! I can't wait to check out the flavor of this recipe.

Eleisia at
http://www.twomomsinablog.com/inthekitchen/

P. said...

I didn't come here for some time now because my computor was being fixed.
It's so good to be back.
It's everything so beautiful.

Unknown said...

oops sorry sandra, i have my name on the Mr. Linky twice but don't know what to do now, I have your pea soup cooking away today. smells delish. thanks again sue

Eden said...

Yummy!!!

Eden said...

Sandra,
I have this in my crockpot today! It smells delicious!!! I'll let you know what my family thinks!