Thursday, November 15, 2007

Slow Cooking Thursday

All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.


Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

Thank you all for participating, I've loved all the wonderful recipes you've shared ;)
I found this recipe online a long time ago and I can't remember where I got it, but it's really good.



PEPPERY POTATO SOUP

2 cans (141/2 oz each) chicken broth
4 small baking potatoes, halved and sliced
1 large onion, quartered and sliced
1 rib celery with leaves, sliced
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup half-and-half
1 tablespoon butter


Combine broth, potatoes, onion, celery, flour, pepper and salt in slow cooker; mix well. Cover; cook on LOW 6 to 71/2 hours.

Stir in half-and-half; cover and continue to cook 1 hour.

Remove slow cooker lid. Slightly crush potato mixture with potato masher. Continue to cook, uncovered, an additional 30 minutes until slightly thickened. Just before serving, stir in butter. Garnish with celery leaves and parsley.


20 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Hey girl?!" I so missed you! Before I forget, here is a link you might like;
http://its-a-raggedy-life.blogspot.com/

I am doing this whole 13 Thursday, and found this web~site you might like to read. Being you hubby is in the Air Force. Thank you for your visit, and yes I love your new look very festive and ready for CHRISTMAS!! I am not afraid to say that word..lol! It seems like more and more, we say "Holidays". "NOT ME MERRY CHRISTMAS IT WILL BE! But first let us enjoy our "Thanksgiving shall we??"
I will love your recipes.
"Happy days to YOU!
xo Jeannene

Michelle said...

Hi Sandra.Oh this recipe looks just what Rob and I love.I think I'll make on the weekend.:)thanks for hosting every week..

Michelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your holiday blog background!

We like potato soup and this recipe looks delicious.
Thanks for posting all the slow cooking recipes.

Mari said...

We love ptotato soup - I'll have to try this!

Eden said...

Yummy! I need to get back into the groove of using my crockpot. I miss participating, but don't want to post if I'm not actually using my crockpot on Thursday. lol I absolutely love your new winter look!

Eden said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill said...

This soup looks so good. Any kind of potato soup reminds me of my mom, so I'll be adding this one to my recipe box!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I want to try that potato soup this weekend!! Looks SO good!

Blessings,
Melody

Jen said...

I thought about making Potato soup I love it.....good thought.

Susanne said...

Yummy, I love potato soup of any kind.

Courtney said...

Hey Sandra!
You blog looks so pretty:)
Sorry haven't been around much. I swear the kids & I have passed the sickies around for literally a month now! Finally getting a lil better. Hope all is well your way!

Anonymous said...

Happy Friday to you Sandra! Come by and see my "Show & Tell" please. I know you will like it, Your daughter will! Have a happy Weekend friend.
xo Jeannene

Barb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

I'm just dropping in to tell you, I absolutely love your new design, Sandra. Lovely. I love the way you just keep changing it up.

Funny. I've got a pot of beef stew in my slow cooker tonight. My problem is, I don't have recipes. I just create. Perhaps I should start writing down exactly what I do and then I could contribute here!

It's always nice to stop by and see what's going on here. I admire the way you've adjusted to your new surroundings.

Michelle said...

I really like potato soup so I'll have to give this one a try!

Sea said...

This looks really delicious! I'll have to check out your slow cooker event- looks fun. :)

Thanks for coming by my blog, and you have a great Thanksgiving too!
-sea
www.bookofyum.com

Eden said...

We just tried your yummy Peppery Potato Soup, Sandra!!! It's absolutely delicious!!! We added crumbled bacon, cheddar cheese and some sour cream to it, as well! lol So, I guess ours was more of a Loaded Peppery Potato Soup! lol Thank you for this yummy recipe Sandra!

Anonymous said...

I missed this while on vacation! Thanks for sharing!


MJ

Anonymous said...

We just tried the soup this evening, and it was wonderful, definitely something that we will try again.

Have a good week!