Thursday, March 20, 2008

Slow Cooking Thursday!



All my slow cooking recipes are now online and starting today, I will add all the recipes shared weekly to my online del.icio.us site too. So if you're wanting to find ALL the slow cooked recipes that have been shared since the first SLOW COOKING THURSDAY, here is the link for you.

Don't forget to add your name to Mr Linky and a link back to your SCT post so others can come by and see your recipe too.

I guess there are still problems with Mr Linky so I've switched to this template for now to make it easier.



SLOW COOKED HAM

Ingredients:

2 cups light brown sugar, packed
1 6-8 lb cured, bone-in ham
fresh or canned pineapple slices, optional

Make-Ahead Preparation:

Spread about three-fourths of the brown sugar on the bottom of your crockpot. Place the ham flat side down into the crockpot on top of the brown sugar. (You might have to trim it a little to make it fit.)

Using your hands, rub the remaining brown sugar onto the ham. If desired, cover with pineapples slices.

Cover, and cook on low for 8 hours.


http://img.coxnewsweb.com/B/01/34/00/image_5800341.jpg

CHEESY POTATOES EUPHORIA

2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
8 med. potatoes (2 lbs) scrubbed and sliced
8 oz. cream cheese (cut in 1 in. cubes)
4 scallions finely chopped

In one small bowl combine scallions and garlic. In another small bowl combine salt and pepper.

In greased crock, layer 1/4 potatoes.

Sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt and pepper and top with 1/3 cream cheese, then 1/3 scallion/garlic mix.

Make a second layer of 1/4 potatoes, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper. Top with 1/2 remaining cheese and scallion/garlic mix. Repeat with third layer of potatoes, sprinkle with 1/4 tsp. salt and pepper, top with remaining cheese and scallion/garlic mix. Make final layer of potatoes and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper.

Cover, cook on high for 3 hrs. Stir to distribute melted cheese, cover and cook for about an hour longer. Stir well to mash slightly and serve.


Cowboy Beans - School in 'R Home
Apricot and Pear Glazed Pork - MJPuzzlemom
Sweet and Spicy Salmon - Crockpot Lady
Green Bean Casserole - My Little Corner of the World

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have my slow cooker Thursday post ready. I don't see a Mr. Linky again though. Here is the link to my post!
Thanks!
SchoolinRhome
http://www.homeschoolblogger.com/SchoolinRhome/501634/

Anonymous said...

Here is my entry

http://mjpuzzlemom.wordpress.com/2008/03/20/apricot-and-pear-glazed-pork/

Thnaks for hosting!


MJ

Stephanie ODea said...

Sandra!!! Thank you for the potato dish! I have been looking for something just like that for sunday.

awesome.

one of these days I'll be a firefox convert...
http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/03/crockpot-sweet-and-spicy-salmon-recipe.html

xox
steph

Mari said...

Hi Sandra - I have Firefox at home, but am at work right now and can't see Mr Linky. I have a green bean casserole to add to your easter dinner. Here's my address:
http://marislittlecorner.blogspot.com

Thanks!

threesidesofcrazy said...

The ham sounds super yummy and looks fantastic!

Renee said...

It all looks so Yummy! Have a wonderful and blessed Easter!

Renee'
http://rmboys2.wordpress.com/

Mom24 said...

Thank you for hosting. I love it when we find yummy slow cooker recipes, so much easier on the one who cooks! I think the link is working just fine, but if not, I'll leave the link here as well. Happy Spring Everyone!

http://4evermom.blogspot.com/2008/03/i-love-slow-cooker-unfortunately-i.html

Michelle said...

Oh thank you ,I 'm making ham in the slow cooker for my parents lunch/dinner.. yum.thank you for hosting it..

Amber M. said...

Thanks for hosting...I look forward to browasing new recipes each Thursday!

That ham looks SO good. YUMMERS!

Betsy said...

Those potatoes look so gooood!

Anonymous said...

Oh yum!!! I was looking for a new side dish to serve on Sunday! I'm definitely making those potatoes!

I gave you an award.. Check out my blog to pick it up!!
Have a great day!

Cara

Bonnie said...

Thanks Sandra !! I will have a look through all of your recipes ! Do you have a couple of favorites ?

Susanne said...

Oh my goodness Sandra, those potatoes sound delectable! I've got to try them!

Anonymous said...

Oops! I didn't check my sign in before posting. It is NOT stew, I posted Slow Cooker Fajitas. Sorry!

Thanks for hosting!

Amy said...

I haven't been here in a while! :) I'm posting a recipe that's both crockpot and freezer friendly.

Sandra~ Is there any other cheese in those potatoes, or just the cream cheese? I'm all for anything that involves two of my favorites- potatoes and cheese! :)

Sandra said...

Amy, just the cream cheese, but you can certainly add in some more of another kind, I've done it before LOL