Thursday, April 28, 2011

{ Cooking Thursday - April 28 }


Good Morning everyone, here we are on another Cooking Thursday edition.

I want to start by thanking you all for faithfully participating each week even if I don't get around to visiting all the recipes, I do try but life has been so crazy.   I'm sure you've noticed that I've been around here a lot more the past few days and that is because homeschooling is coming to a close for this year, matter of fact we will be done by the beginning of next week YAY.

So anyway, I wanted to run something by you all this morning, next week Thursday, we're not doing Cooking Thursday but we're going to have a special edition of SLOW COOKING THURSDAY.  Remember that is how my little Thursday feature began, with slow cooking recipes and then it started dwindling out with people running out of things to share so I switched to Cooking Thursday, but I tell you, I miss my Slow Cooking days.

Will you join me next week for a Slow Cooking Thursday????  It can be a recipe you love or a recipe you haven't tried yet but want to.  Won't you tell your friends too?  I'm hoping we can get a lot of participants next week so that we may all benefit from a huge stack of new slow cooker recipes.

Alright enough jabbering let's move on to the recipe for today.

Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans


Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans
Credit:  Prudence Pennywise

1/2 to 1 lb bacon, chopped
1 large onion, minced
3 (15 ounce cans) pinto beans, drained
1/2 cup ketchup
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
2 tablespoons mustard (I've used yellow or dijon with good results)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon vinegar
1 teaspoon salt


Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet, fry bacon until almost crisp.

Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans

Pour off most of the fat. Add onion in with the bacon and continue to fry for five minutes.

Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans

Add in all ingredients and mix well.

Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans

Pour into 2 quart casserole or 9 by 13. Bake, covered with lid or foil for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 30 minutes longer.

Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans

No comments: