Monday, April 25, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday - #14 - 2011

HHM



The weather in my neck of the woods:
A little cooler today, only 64 degrees but by Wednesday we're supposed to be back in the 90's.


Things that make me happy:
Making my children's birthday cakes


Book I'm reading:
Too Rich for a Bride by Mona Hodgson


What's on my TV today:

Paranormal State New Season
Edwardian Farm
Any William and Kate thing I can find LOL


On the menu for dinner:
Out to dinner to celebrate Jasmine's birthday, baby girl is turning 12 today. 


On my To Do List:

Laundry
Housework


New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Brown Sugar and Bacon Baked Beans....so good.


In the craft basket:
Teapot Cozy

Looking forward to this week:
Looking forward to celebrating my girl's birthday today and also looking forward to continuing weight loss.  Hubby and I have started drinking just water and counting calories and we've both dropped 6 lbs this past week, I feel so much better :)


Tips and Tricks:
If you are counting calories or watching portions when you eat, make use of your big chest freezer.  Cut up the fruits and veggies into servings and place them in ziploc bags, write down the amount of calories per serving and place them in your freezer.  It's a little time consuming but right now I have tons of veggies and fruits all ready for hubby and I, it makes snacking a lot easier.
 



My favorite blog post this week:
Back in Time at Curlew Country.  I'm a professed Anglophile, I just adore anything from England and English, what can I say.  Maybe I was born in England in a past life LOL  This post at Curlew Country was filled with amazing photos and literally a step back in time, how neat and especially since I'm watching Land Girls right now :)


Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
Joyful Abode



No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):

Tomato





Lesson learned the past few days:

That I still love royalty LOL  No really, I know a lot of people are just on overload with the William and Kate wedding but I love it and watch every single thing that comes out about it and you better believe I'll be up watching the wedding too all of Friday.  


On my mind:
My weight loss
My children and husband
My family


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
After his suffering, he showed himself to these men and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. He appeared to them over a period of forty days and spoke about the kingdom of God. – Acts 1:3 (NIV)

No comments: