Thursday, October 11, 2012

Cooking Thursday - Dipped Butter Cookies


I'm really missing my crockpot and I think with the temps dropping lately, it's the perfect time to pull it out and start putting it to good use again :)

Anyway, here is today's recipe, super quick and easy and really yummy.


October 9, 2012


Dipped Butter Cookies

For the cookies:
500 grams of flour (about 4 cups)
250 grams of butter (2 sticks and a little more, after the 2 sticks go in, I just keep adding little pats of butter until the dough is malleable)
pinch of salt (if you're using salted butter you may want to omit it)

For the dipping sauce:
3 tablespoons chocolate powder (I've used Nesquick, Ovaltine, Milo etc)
2 tablespoons water


To make the cookies:
I just mix all three ingredients in my Kitchen-Aid until the dough is malleable and able to form into little balls.

Form the dough into small balls and then flatten them slightly and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes.  They will be ready when you shake the pan and they come loose.

Remove and let cool.


To make the dipping chocolate:
In a bowl, combine the chocolate and the water, mix well.

Then take the cookies and dip them halfway into the chocolate mixture, then roll them in sugar.

I like to place mine in the refrigerator to harden a little, then again living in Arizona, it is imperative that I keep any kind of chocolate stuff in the fridge.




4 comments:

Mari said...

They look yummy! Looks like something that would would well for Christmas.

gluten Free A_Z Blog said...

What a beautiful cookie. Something about that extra sugar on the outside. Yum. I linked two recipes. an easy cashew pumpkin pie ( vegan) and some middle eastern beans

Linds said...

Is there no sugar in the recipe apart from the sprinkle? They look great - I must try them!

Carol said...

Oh, those sound delicious! I'm looking for a simple cookie recipe since we're running low. Might have to whip these up. (Also, sorry about the double link. #5 is a broken link, but I could not figure out how to delete it -- I'm sorry!)