Thursday, October 04, 2012

Cooking Thursday - Egg Tomato and Scallion Sandwich



Good morning :)

The recipe I'm sharing with you today is a simple one, but it's my favorite lunch sandwich and it's low calorie which is even better. Hope you all try it and enjoy it :)

Egg Tomato and Scallion Sandwich

Egg Tomato and Scallion Sandwich
Credit:  Skinny Taste

Servings: 1 Serving Size: 1 sandwich • Old Points: 4 pts • Points+: 6 pts
Calories: 213 • Fat: 9.5 g • Protein: 13.5 g • Carb: 21 g • Fiber: 5.5 g • Sugar: 5 g
Sodium: 363 mg (without salt)

100 calorie sandwich roll (deli thin flats, potato rolls, etc)
1 tbsp chopped scallions
1 large hard boiled egg, sliced
1 tbsp light mayonnaise
1 thick slice ripe tomato
salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste

Assemble the sandwich by placing the egg on the bread, then the tomato, then scallion. Top with salt and pepper and spread mayonnaise on the top of the bread.




8 comments:

gail@more than a song said...

Is one serving/sandwich both halves of the sandwich round? Looks good!

Sandra said...

Yes it is Gail, one serving is one sandwich :)

Mari said...

I love egg sandwiches, but never had one with tomato. I'm going to try it!

Unknown said...

That eggie sandwich looks good! I ate something similar for dinner last night.

Jen said...

I made this last night for Matt! It was really great. Thank you for sharing it.

Tamster the Hamster said...

Very nice blog, great job! Nice to meet you, I'm also a stay at home Mom & love raising kids, friends, family & being creative. Thank you for letting us leave a blog link. When I figure out how to do that, I'll add to my blog too! You're more tech savvy than I! Keep up the great work!

gail@more than a song said...

Thank you ma'am! Can't wait to try it!

Mahek said...

Hi
Love the sandwich
Will try it..
Will one sandwich be enough or you have something more with it?
Here in India we have a full course with our plate ? Have you tasted or seen an Indian thali?