Friday, October 26, 2012

Dreary Friday

2012_10260022

Not weather wise, but personally for me.

Started with a not so good night's sleep.  You know I've noticed that the older I get the less peaceful, restful sleep I get?  What is with the tossing and turning and insomnia?

Hubby and I were both up and down all night long, think we both were having issues sleeping and by the time the alarm blared at 5:30am, we were just exhausted.

I still am.

It kind of set the tone for the whole day though, add in a congested nose and sinus pressure and it's been a pretty cruddy day for me.

I knew I didn't have the patience or energy to tackle major housework of any kind, so it's been all set aside for today while I've taken it easy.  Funny thing is that I don't like taking it easy even if it's for health reasons, because I feel extremely guilty.

Do any of you feel that way too?

Oh my word, I can't tell you how horrible it is.  I keep telling myself that it's ok, I can get to it all tomorrow but then I feel like everyone is looking at me and thinking that I'm a horrible person for doing nothing for that day.  You would be surprised how many times I apologize to my kids and husband over the course of that day, for not doing laundry or vacuuming or whatever it may be.

Lucky for me, my family love me and don't get upset at all, matter of fact my husband is always telling me I do way too much and need to take it easy and let it go, not worry so much about the housework.

Easier said than done though.

I've been relaxing today, sitting on the couch when I'm not feeding the children and dogs, or doing dishes (can't really not do anything house related, right?), and I decided to grab my crochet and make something for the kids which I knew they would really enjoy.

It's a work in progress but let me show you.....

Minecraft Creeper

Minecraft Creeper

Minecraft Creeper

Minecraft Creeper of course. I'm following this pattern, but I had to change it a little and I did end up using cardboard to reinforce the square.

That's as far as I got those, I made two heads and still have to make the two bodies and the legs, one for each kid because they LOVE the Creepers on Minecraft.

My head hurts though and I don't want to sit and focus on anything for too long and crocheting a new pattern is something that requires my attention.....which I don't have today.  Oh well, there's still the weekend ahead :)

For dinner, I'm sticking with bacon, biscuits and gravy.  Something quick to throw together and everyone loves breakfast for dinner, so it's a win for all.

But what I really can't wait for, is to take my shower later and then put on my favorite comfy pj's, do some blog visiting, watch some shows or maybe even just read.

2012_10260020

One thing is for sure though, I'll be in bed very early tonight. 

How exciting for a Friday night huh? LOL 



9 comments:

Mari said...

I am the same way when it comes to feeling guilty for having a take it easy day. My hubby also tells me to relax, but I always feel like there are things to do before I can sit down.
Enjoy your evening and sleep well!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Hope you're feeling much better tomorrow.

FlowerLady

Unknown said...

I always feel guilty when I have a down day or just do not get enough done. My husband tells me it's okay but it doesn't make me feel any better.

Elise said...

I've had the same kind of day... My husband and I didn't sleep well, if at all, last night. As a result, we've been crabby and irritable. I hear you... I hope you get better rest tonight! Have a great weekend :)

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

So sorry you're not feeling well. I have felt kinda bum for three days now--not really sick, just not well:( I hope you feel better soon! I know what you mean about feeling guilty. Today my hubby actually told me to go rest! What a sweetie he is!

Sandrocas said...

Oh Sandra, I hear you! Get better! I'm still doing housework, hubbies on night shift, just finished making his lunch, so more dishes...and since he's on nightshift, an unmade bed awaits me, but I cannot sleep in a rat's nest, so I still have to make that, and put some laundry away, 'cause I can't go in there when he's sleeping...a woman's work is never done, BUT, you did right in relaxing, hope you feel better tomorrow!

Stacia said...

I hope you are feeling better this morning. :)

VerityGrace said...

I have days like that too.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Hugs. x

Sweet Tea said...

Sorry, Sandra. Gotta listen to your body and give it some extra rest - no guilt allowed. Feel better, Friend.