Saturday, October 27, 2012

From the library

Morning visit to the library, an hour browsing through books and a stack later.....

2012_10270002

Christmas with Paula Deen
Eat what you Love
Crockpot Slow Cooker Bible
Georgia Cooking in an Oklahoma Kitchen


2012_10270005

Tina first told me about the Susan Wittig Albert books and I've been meaning to get them ever since, but kept forgetting. Well, no more, I picked up 3, actually the only ones the base library had BUT I was able to get the whole collection for the Kindle earlier so I'll be able to read the ones that I didn't get this morning :)

The Tale of Hilltop Farm by Susan Wittig Albert
The Tale of Holly How by Susan Wittig Albert
The Tale of Castle Cottage  by Susan Wittig Albert
The Centurion's Wife by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn
The Hidden Flame by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn
The Damascus Way by Janette Oke and Davis Bunn

 I'm digging right in with these, starting with the The Tale of Hilltop Farm :)

What books have you picked up at your library lately?  Reading anything good?




6 comments:

Conny said...

LOVE Susan Wittig Albert!!
I usually love Janeatte Oke too - but I couldn't get into the series you got (I waded thru Centurion's Wife and could go no further); hope you enjoy them more than I did! :)

Stacia said...

Thanks for the suggestion, Sandra. I was just at the library and couldn't find a series to begin. Now I know!

Susanne said...

The series by Davis Bunn and J. Oke are on my list to get too. You'll have to let me know what you thought of them.

Renee said...

I'll check out the Susan Wittig Albert series - thanks for the heads up!

I've just finished the Hunger Games Trilogy - they were great! I'm also reading some books with my boys that we are all really enjoying - Swipe (book 1) and Sneak (book 2 in the series) by Evan Angler. Can't wait to read more of his books - the boys went bonkers over them.

Enjoy your books!

Unknown said...

Recently I have been reading lighter books such as "Humor for a Mom's Heart". I just ordered "Humor for a Womans Heart". They brighten my day when I have five minutes and they make me laugh. My kids always look at me funny and wonder what I'm doing. When they realize im reading a book they start asking me to read them stories, too.

Tina Leigh said...

You will love The Cottage Tales! Im glad you were able to find them. I hope we have them all in our library system...I will be sick if they do not.

Bomb Girls was OK...if I didnt see another one, there would be no love lost. I dont think you have missed much.