Monday, October 01, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #37

Good Morning everyone :) Hope you had a fantastic weekend and are ready for a new work week....it's October 1st. Oh boy, so excited :)

To start off the month, I've added a new button, as well as two new categories right under the weather....Right now I am, and Thinking.

If you've already done your HHM for today and didn't add any of the new things, that's fine, you can just modify it next week.

Feel free to use :)

The Weather:::
Is a lost cause....I give up trying to figure it out, it's determined to stay in the triple digits, so I'll just wait patiently for it to decide to come down. 

Right now I am:
Sipping on some Cinnamon Spice coffee, sitting on my recliner, still in my pj's.

Thinking:
That I really don't feel like doing the dishes in the sink.  Sounded like a great idea last night to leave them for the morning, but now.....not so much lol

On my reading pile:::
Nothing at the moment, I'm in between books.  Unless you count the tons of cookbooks that I've been perusing the past week. 

On my tv:::

Hell on Wheels Episode 7
My Portuguese soaps (Doce Tentacao, Louco Amor, Tempo de Viver)
Copper
Warehouse 13 Tonight
Breaking Amish

On the menu for this week:::
Have to go grocery shopping tomorrow morning, but here's what's on the menu for the next week.

Monday - Out to dinner
Tuesday - Chicken Enchilada Stuffed Zucchini boats
Wednesday -Simple Fish Cakes, Garlic potatoes
Thursday -Spaghetti Squash with Garlic Alfredo
Friday -Veggie Lasagna
Saturday -Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Breasts, Homemade Fries, Salad
Sunday -Pumpkin Soup in Pumpkin Bowls

On my to do list:::
Homeschooling
Laundry
Mop floors
Bunting for kitchen
Starting on Halloween Costumes

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Still plodding along, trying to finish the back of the cushion.  I think today I'll have to find a few moments to really get cracking on it :)
Kids Halloween costumes that need to be started

Homemaking Tips:::
To remove mildew on white fabrics - soak several hours in a wash tub with 1/2 vinegar and 1/4 cup bleach. You can also put lemon juice on a stain and set in sun to remove light stains on white clothing.

Looking around the house:::
My hubby is getting ready for work and soon will be walking out the door.  It's dark with only a lamp in the living room right now.  I have a kitchen that has seen better days so need to get going with that pretty soon, but first I have some coffee to finish.

From the camera:::

2012_09270020


On my prayer list:::
My friend Becky's brother in law, Dwight.

Bible verse, Devotional:::
so that with one mind and one voice you may glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 15:6




11 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for hosting this! Hope you have a wonderful week!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

The two new categories will be fun Sandra! Have a good week!

Lulu said...

i cant stand hot....we are having another heatwave, but i dont think its as bad as you have it Sandra..
its in the upper 80's here today on the coast, 90's and some triple digits inland..yuck..
have a great day..

Christy said...

I love the fall button! Your menu looks delicious. Enjoy your week, and may you get cooler temps soon!

Whitney @ My Southern Comfort said...

I hate you're still in the triples! I really love the new button AND the menu this week!

Unknown said...

I enjoy getting dinner inspiration from your weekly menus. Thank you

Tina Leigh said...

Sandra the picture of the tea pot in the cozy reminds me of a series of books I just started. I think you would enjoy them too. It's called "The Cottage Tales of Beatrix Potter" by Susan Wittig Albert. I just finished the first one, "The Tale of Hill Top Farm".
I would be very surprised if you didn't like them.

I know you are so sick of that weather. It's not as hot here but Fall is very hard to find in South Georgia. At least you have four seasons to look forward to when you move!!

Have a great day!

Andrea said...

I thought we were done with using the air conditioning but the heat keeps creeping back. I bet you can't wait for Idaho.

Carol said...

My kitchen is so chilly right now! I could go for some cinnamon spice coffee -- that sounds like the perfect pre-dinner pick me up!

Liz said...

Cinnamon spice coffee sounds delicious. I'm so ready for the fall and all the yummy stuff that comes with it. I'm sorry that you are still stuck in the triple digits.

Hope you have a great week.

Packers and movers said...

When they want the property sold quickly, chances are they may ask the worker to maintain the monetary amount within just a certain limit while permitting that limit to at least achieve the property value amount.

Packers and Movers Jaipur