Monday, October 29, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday #41

Good Morning everyone, Happy Monday :)

I'm not doing very well today, had a night of tossing and turning again, some bad dreams, still congested and just not a very happy person today.


Praying for energy, for feeling better and for the Lord to guide me and carry me through the rest of the day.


Also want to send a hug and some thoughts towards my readers on the East Coast.  Please stay safe!


Feel free to use :)

The Weather:::
64 degrees right now, I've been enjoying the cooler temperatures.  It feels great to step out back in the morning and actually feel cold.

Right now I am:
Sitting on the couch with my ripple blanket draped over my legs.  Sipping on some hot coffee which I've just managed to somehow drip all over my pj shirt. (must be the lack of sleep).

Thinking:
That I should go and change out of my shirt but I'm super lazy this morning and I'll just wait a little longer and then change into my clothes for the day.
Also, thinking about what all I need to do today.

On my reading pile:::
Just started the Susan Wittig Albert Cottage Tales series, thank you Tina Leigh for recommending them :)  I'm on book one and so far really enjoying them, it's definitely something up my alley.
This weekend I was also able to get my hands on the whole China Bayle series, also from Susan Witting Albert, for the Kindle.

On my tv:::
My Portuguese soaps (Doce Tentacao, Louco Amor, Tempo de Viver, Doida por ti, Meu Amor)
Copper (I give up...I will catch up eventually)
The Paradise 5
Wartime Farm Episode 8 
Tales from the Green Valley ( LOVE this series)

On the menu for this week:::
Working on the new menu which starts on Wednesday for me.....

Monday - Bratwurst in tomato sauce, mashed potatoes
Tuesday - Turkey Strogonoff
Wednesday - Spaghetti Bolognese
Thursday -
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -

On my to do list:::
Laundry
Homeschooling
Candle review on blog
Menu plan and grocery list

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Finishing the crochet creeper for the kids.  Christmas gifts.

Homemaking Tips:::
Don't throw out stale bread or the heels if your family doesn't eat them.  I keep a ziploc baggie in my fridge and keep adding to it during the week.  On the weekend, I take all my stale bread and make Homemade Breadcrumbs

Looking around the house:::
Hubby is heading out the door right now.  My Lola is asleep on the couch right up against me, she loves laying here and it keeps me warm.  Win Win right? 
I have some dishes in the sink that need my attention.  In the living room, there is a bit of tidying up to be done, cups that the kids left laying around to be picked up and dog toys on the floor that I need to put back in their basket. 

From the camera:::

2012_10270005


On my prayer list:::
All those out there that need prayer one way or another.
But today, mostly my prayers are concentrated on the East Coast, on all those in the path of this horrible storm.  May the Lord watch over and protect them. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
1 Peter 4:15-16 (NIV) - If you suffer, it should not be as a murderer or thief or any other kind of criminal, or even as a meddler. However, if you suffer as a Christian, do not be ashamed, but praise God that you bear that name.



13 comments:

NITA said...

Your in my prayers as well to feel better...Love you Aunt Nita

Sweet Tea said...

Go slowly, my friend.
Give yourself permission to be sick, you'll feel better soon and you'll get things done twice as fast then and make up for lost time.

Naomi said...

I hope you feel more like yourself again soon!
I really must use your homemade breadcrumbs tip, I'm always getting rid of stale ends of bread, I can't believe this never occurred to me before!

Have a lovely week xxx

Tina Leigh said...

Good Morning Sandra!

I am sorry to hear you are feeling under the weather. I am moving kinda slow this morning myself.

I am so tickled you picked up the books...I finished the second one & need to exchange it. I picked up one of the books in the China Bayles series but got it out of order SO I REFUSE TO READ IT...so I really have got to get back to the library!

The wonderful thing about DVR is you have plenty of time to catch up on TV when ever you want!

I hope your day gets better. Dont waste anymore good coffee, LOL.

Unknown said...

I pray you feel better soon. Have a cozy Monday!

Whitney @ My Southern Comfort said...

Hope you get over this crud soon! My moms a nurse and she always told me that sometimes your body gets sick because it really just needs time to rest.. if you keep pushing yourself you'll never get better :(

Christy said...

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, Sandra. So far we are doing okay in my neck of the woods. I have posted my hurricane edition of Happy Homemaker Monday!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Sorry you're under the weather, Sandra! I had issues last week:( I enjoy your Happy Homemaker Monday so much and so do my blog readers! Thank you!

Conny said...

Hope you have a restful day!! I hope to get a HHM post up today ... we shall see!!!

Andrea said...

I just bought some bread crumbs this weekend, but never again! I always feel bad about throwing away the ends of bread and now I won't have to.
Hope you feel better soon.

Unknown said...

Those books look VERY interesting! My reading list for the next 3 weeks include the subject of "Homeschooling a child with ADHD"

We are also praying for those on the East Coast. I have several friends that way.

Jill said...

Sandra,

I hope you are feeling much better and are able to get in some rest. I enjoy visiting your blog, lots of good ideas and recommendations glad I found it. :-) Thank you for your thoughts and well wishes about the storm. I am currently one of those getting its effects. I'm hoping to hold on to our electric and get only minimal damage.
Hope you have a great week.

Blessings,
Jill

Liz said...

Hope you feel better quickly! Try to have a nice week and get plenty of rest.