Saturday, October 20, 2012

Saturday Happenings

Hello friends :)

I hope you all had a fantastic Saturday and that now you are relaxing and taking it easy, as I am.

We've been a little busy today, getting the kid's costumes ready and making sure that everything is in order for Halloween.

We also just ended a week of Fall Break, taking it easy, resting and days with no schedules and rushing here or there.

But I think I'm ready for school again, and getting back into the swing of things next week :)

We started the day with some hot coffee and cinnamon raising bagels....sitting around the kitchen table just chatting.  It feels great to share breakfast on the weekends when my husband is home with us in the mornings.

Then hubby and I set to work on Nic's costume.  We had to figure out how to make this thing from scratch, how to get it to look right etc.  It was a little stressful at times because what he wants to be is a Creeper from the game Minecraft, and there are no costumes out there for it, it's not even very well known, at least I don't think so.


See what I mean?  It looks pretty easy to make, but goodness LOL

Anyway, it's mostly done, we just have to paint it etc to give it that patterned green,white look.

Then we set to work on the Halloween decorations outside, we had put some up earlier this week but it was nowhere near done.

Little Miss Lola also tried out her costume.  It's big on her so I have to alter it this week to make it fit perfect, but I tell you, I have not laughed so hard in a while as when she started walking around dressed like that LOL

Lola Yoda

I just can't.....just looking at her sends me into fits of giggles.

Just a few pics of the outside.  



Halloween 2012

Halloween 2012

We also have pumpkins to carve tomorrow afternoon, and we always have such a great time as a family doing it :)

Not to mention all the yummy pumpkin I have for cooking and the seeds for roasting.

I really do love this time of year.

Tomorrow I have a review of some amazing soy candles which I think you're going to love, the scent is just out of this world, even my husband is impressed.  But more on that later.

I think I'm going to sit down with my crochet and a cup of tea and maybe watch a movie with the family. 

Have track tomorrow morning and I'm looking forward to running with my hubby.

Hugs to you all and a restful night's sleep.



8 comments:

Mari said...

Oh my word~! Lola's costume is the cutest thing EVER!

CaityClaire said...

Hmm can't wait to see how you manage to create the Creeper! Know any good ideas for toddler costumes? Not many people celebrate Halloween here but my sis-in-law has been wanting to have one (a Halloween Party) ever since we went to the States and saw all the decorations in the shops etc. Should be fun I think!

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh! You two sure are brave for taking on the Creeper costume! I'd have no idea where to start!

Please share pictures with us once it's all finished. I bet it'll look wonderful. (:

Cheri said...

As your post came up on my computer only a bit of the first picture appeared and I thought- wow that looks like Minecraft!!! My kids love it and play it all the time. In fact they're talking about doing it as I'm reading this!
I love, love love Lolas costume- so cute!!

Elizabeth said...

Hello Yoda Lola, may the force be with you!! Yes, she does make me laugh! (Don't tell Yoda that I laughed at him!)

Good job on making home-made costumes..I nearly always did that for my girl (who turned 18 last Sunday!) and also found lots of the costumes at thrift stores.

Your decorating is great, too...love those 'burning' lamps hanging from the ceiling.

Hope you had a great pumpkin carving day today.

hugs, Elizabeth

Lulu said...

she looks so cute..first thing that came into my mind was she is the flying nun..lol..leave it to me to think that..lol..

Lori said...

I love this time of year too! Daniel and I are going to carve our pumpkins on Friday as we both have a busy week coming up. I can't wait to see the pics of Nic's costume! I bet you guys are doing an awesome job on it! I wish I had more stuff to decorate with....note to self, make more halloween decorations. I have been crocheting up a storm lately. I've been making turtles and am about to be making penguins and owls too. :) Lola's costume is awesome! She is the cutest Yoda I have ever seen! Hope you all have a great evening!

Stacia said...

I had to LOL when I read your post. Isaac asked me to be the Minecraft Creeper and we couldn't find one to buy so we said forget it. Too bad he didn't have a crafty family like you all!
Can't wait to see your creeper costume. I'll be sure and share the photo idea with Isaac.
Btw, your house looks great!