Thursday, October 18, 2012

Slow Cooking Thursday - Beef, Peppers, Provolone Sandwich


[sctbutton.jpg]

Good morning my friends :)

Another Thursday, another week that just flew right by, and here we are for another Cooking Thursday.

As you may have noticed in the title, I named it Slow Cooking Thursday because it's coming to that time of the year. Cooler temperatures, the need for filling comforting foods, and for me usually the time when my slow cooker starts working almost daily.

You know that when I first started this feature 6 years ago, it was named Slow Cooking Thursday and it was always meant to be about that, but then I decided to also name it Cooking Thursday to allow for the sharing of all types of recipes and not just those related to crockpots.

Please don't feel that you need to post a slow cooking recipe today, but if you do have one you think we would enjoy, I would love to see it :)

Anyway, enough babbling, on to today's recipe......


2011_09180065

Beef, Banana Peppers and Provolone Sandwich

2lb rump roast
1 jar of banana peppers
salt and pepper
garlic powder
sandwich buns


Rub salt and pepper all over the roast, sprinkle on some garlic powder and pop it into your slow cooker.

Dump the contents of the banana peppers jar into the pot, and yes I mean everything, the peppers and the juice etc. Close the lid and cook on low for 8 hours.

I cranked it up to HIGH the last 2 hours just because, I don't know why but it worked great.

When ready to eat, shred the beef. Slather on some mayonnaise on the two halves of the sandwich buns, put a big mound of the meat filling on one half, put a slice of provolone cheese on top and then take the other half, and dip it into the gravy in the crockpot, then plop on top and you're done.







4 comments:

Mari said...

These look so good, plus I always love your slow cooking recipes!

Anita Philipps said...

I love our crock pot. I'm actually doing a crock pot meal on saturday. I'm having a bunch of ladies over to our house for a craft day. I'm going to put on the turkey chili and let it cook til lunch.

Krista said...

These look delicious! I'll have to put a roast on the grocery list for next week. I actually made my slow cooker sugar free apple butter today and I'm canning it now. Hope you like it!

Tina Leigh said...

This looks really good! Im gonna have to try it. Ive just started eating the peppers this year & love them..dont know why Ive never tried them before.


I sent you an email btw...