Thursday, October 11, 2012

Some times....


Some times, you drag yourself out of bed, mosy on down to the kitchen and attempt to make a coffee pot with no water.

Some times, you move through the day as if in slow motion, because you're congested, and your head hurts and the work out you did the day before left you hurting with every step you take, and there's piles of laundry that need washing and floors that need vacuuming.

Some times, it's cloudy and dreary outside and dark inside, and kids are bickering, and dogs are fighting and your laptop is misbehaving.......


Some times, it takes everything not to give into the bad part of your days and forget about the good around you.

Sometimes all it takes is a good book.


Some times all you need is a slice of pie.


Some times, you have to stop and smell the fresh air, to really see what is around you and allow yourself to have a not so good day.

Some times, it's all you need.

Those some times, are my today, and I am choosing to go with it,

.... to look at the pile of books I have waiting for me and smile
.... to have those two little butter cookies dipped in salted caramel sauce and to not feel guilty
.... to put on warm pj's and crochet socks and pretend it's snowing outside
.... to dream, to think, to imagine I'm elsewhere and to let those thoughts take me away


How are YOU choosing to live your today?







Images credit Tumblr

10 comments:

Mari said...

I loved this post!

CaityClaire said...

Thank you. This just made my day.

Unknown said...

Thank you for the post. I know how you feel. After living stressed out day after day, I decided to just stay calm and know that bad days are followed by good days. I am much happier this way.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Great post. I love your bottom picture too with the waving grasses.

Hope you feel better soon and that your weekend is lovely.

FlowerLady

Carey's Farmhouse Kitchen said...

Very well stated!

Liz said...

You are so right! I'm having one of those days today... I'm going to try to rush through some dishes, picking up, and maybe some laundry before my husband comes home to night and then relax with my crochet.

Unknown said...

Get well soon

Lois Christensen said...

Beautiful post. I'm choosing to also try and not concentrate on my body hurting! Hope you're feeling better.

Manuela said...

beautifuly said.

Unknown said...

Very nice post. Please check out our blog, if you get a moment! Thanks!