Good morning :)
Well, here we are, another Thursday and another opportunity to share a recipe.
This feature on my blog has been going on for many many years, it started back in 2006, but as with everything else, it's lost steam over the years and is barely just plugging along right now.
With that said, I've decided to give it a break for a bit, at least for the rest of the month and hopefully when I return to it in a few weeks, I will be motivated to change it up a little or have more recipes to share or something.
I just feel that it needs a revamp but not quite sure which way to go with it. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to drop them here, maybe together we can come up with something that will actually get people joining in and involved :)
With that said, here is the last recipe before this Hiatus :)
* 1 pound dry ziti pasta
* 1 onion, chopped
* 1 pound lean ground beef
* 2 (26 ounce) jars spaghetti sauce
* 6 ounces provolone cheese, sliced
* 1 1/2 cups sour cream
* 6 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
* 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
2. In a large skillet, brown onion and ground beef over medium heat. Add spaghetti sauce, and simmer 15 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of the ziti, Provolone cheese, sour cream, 1/2 sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce mixture. Top with grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheeses are melted.