Monday, May 20, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday - 05/20/2013


Happy Homemaker Monday

Good Morning, hope you had a great weekend and are ready for a new week ahead.

The weather.....
We've dipped down a little from the triple digits, and it's felt really good, but this seems to be our last week like this before we're stuck on the really hot weather for the rest of the summer.

7-Day Forecast

Right now I am....
Feeling slightly tired, trying to wake up and hoping the coffee does the trick.  
  
Thinking....
About everything I have to get done today, and also thinking that about this week ahead and what it means for us.  

On my reading pile....
The Dashwood Sisters Tell All by Beth Patillo.

On my TV.....
Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares
Bomb Girls
Hubby and I need to catch up on Defiance, Revolution and Warehouse 13. 
 
What I found while surfing the net....
Did you know that Sig Hansen from The Northwestern on Deadliest Catch, has a new line of coffee out???  It's called the Northwestern Grind?  How neat is that? 

On the menu for this week....
Some Amish food, some Portuguese food, and basically just good home cooking :) 


Monday 20th
Breakfast:
Sourdough Cinnamon Rolls
Lunch:
Grilled Cheese and Ham, veggies
Dinner:
Easy Chicken Casserole

 
Tuesday 21st

Breakfast: Buttermilk Pancakes, Milk
Lunch: English Muffin Pizzas
Dinner: Family Burrito Bake

Wednesday 22nd
Breakfast: Toast with Jam, Coffee, Juice
Lunch: Tuna Salad
Dinner: Meatballs and Spaghetti

Thursday 24th

Breakfast: Cereal, milk
Lunch: Amish Peanut Butter Sandwiches

Dinner: Lemon Grilled Chicken

Friday 25th

Breakfast: Banana Nut Muffins, Milk
Lunch: Chicken Nuggets, Mac and Cheese
Dinner: Grilled Hamburgers, Fries

Saturday 26th
Breakfast: Breakfast Burritos
Lunch: Pepperoni Pizza
Dinner: Busy Day Ham Casserole

Sunday 28th
Breakfast: Biscuits and Gravy
Lunch: Turkey Wraps
Dinner: Oven Beef Stroganoff

On my to do list....
Laundry
Housework
Vacuum and Mop
Box up kid's School Materials

In the craft basket....
Still the same items, hoping to get to them this week.

Granny Square Blanket
Red, white and blue quilt
Crochet Ripply Blanket
KitchenAid Quilted Cover, Toaster Quilted Cover
Kindle Patchwork Cover

Looking forward to this week....
My husband turning 40 on Wednesday and us finally finding out what our future holds and which way we're headed. 

Looking around the house....
A house that shows it's Monday morning, after a weekend of everyone home having fun and being lazy.  I don't think I need to explain what that means to all you mama's out there, right???
Have cleaning and straightening up to do today :) 

From the camera....

2013_05150005

On my prayer list.....
Friends and family going through different things right now.
For God to lead my husband and I, to help us remember that He is already there waiting wherever we're going.

Bible verse, Devotional....


15 comments:

Christy said...

Your menu looks delicious! Hoping for the best news for you and your family - whatever it may be.

Debbie said...

I hope you receive the news you want this week!

Happy Birthday to your hubby.

Have a great week Sandra. :)

Jen said...

I want to come to your house for suppers!

Happy 40th to your hubby! It's not that bad being 40.

Conny said...

Love the Bible verse you posted.

Happy 40th to your hubby. I am loving the 40s (other than feeling more aches and pains than usual!!) ... and praying with you all as you look forward to the future.

Conny said...

oh and ditto on wanting to come to your house for suppers ... LOL

Unknown said...

Sandra have you ever thought of starting an ETSY shop? Your creations are just beautiful! People like me who aren't that talented would love to buy them! :-)

Mandi said...

Happiest Monday! oops - forgot to include my bible verse, devo. :) The little crochet project pic is precious - good work!

Debbie Jones said...

I love looking at your menus for the week. I have a hard time with menu planning but you always give me ideas! Thanks! I am wondering how Amish peanut butter sandwiches are different from regular peanut butter sandwiches. Enjoy the double digits because the triple digits will be back around here soon!!!

Unknown said...

Hello Sandra... uma óptima semana para ti,marido e para os meninos... tenho uma nova serie para ti,acho que iras gostar de recordar,passa na RTP1 se ires ao site deles estão la todos os episódios,chama se "depois do adeus e retrata a vida dos refugiados e retornados depois do 25 de Abril,as imagens são as de Lisboa naquela época,apesar de não ter vivido nada disso,pois nem era nascida não perco um episódio.adoro!!

Beijinhos!

Sandra

Liz said...

Happy Birthday to your husband!!! I can't wait to hear the news.

Happy Monday!

Unknown said...

You have a lovely blog. I am glad I happened upon it.

Elise said...

You and I seem to have very similar tastes in T.V. Love Kitchen Nightmares! Have a great week and I hope you are able to stay cool :)

Lisa said...

Good luck with your big news this week!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

Happy Monday, Sandra! And Happy 40th to your hubby! My son turned 40 in November! Have a great week:)

The Sneaky Mommy said...

Your menu planning knocks my socks off! :)

Thank you so much for praying for our little guy last week! Can't wait to hear your news--praying it will be in a direction you are hoping for!

SO glad your family is safe! What a scary, sad day in OK!