Monday, March 03, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/03/2014

Good morning my friends, how was your weekend?  Mine was good, as you already know, and now it's the start of a fresh new week, so we'll see what it brings.

I can't believe I still haven't updated the graphic for this meme, goodness, I think I need to put it on the top of my to do list for today. Alrighty, on with it.....



As I look outside my window:::
Watching a beautiful sunrise, it looks even more pretty because there are rain clouds in the sky at the moment.  I can see my deck from here and I think it needs some attention right now, hoping to spruce it up a little for Spring.  It's 45 degrees right now, but we're supposed to get to 61 degrees for most of the week, although it will be filled with rain.  Not a problem for me, I do love a good rain shower :)

Right now I am:::
Sitting at the kitchen table, eating a piece of toast and enjoying a hot cup of coffee.  I have already changed out of my PJ's and washed the dishes,  and I'm not even sure where I'm getting this energy from because I was up until 3:30 am with my husband who was having stomach cramps and vomiting...poor guy. 

Thinking and pondering:::
About Spring and how ready I am for it.  I see a few signs around but not sure winter is completely gone yet. 

On my bedside table:::
Library books, my Kindle and my Bible.

On my tv tonight:::
Monday:
Last night's Call the Midwife and The Musketeers.
Star Crossed
Tuesday:
The Little Couple
Supernatural
Wednesday:
Ghost Hunters
Thursday:
Reign
Here comes Honey Boo Boo
Friday:
Catch up on shows I missed during the week
Movies with family
Saturday:
When Calls the Heart
Sunday:
Walking Dead
Long Island Medium

Listening to:::
Mix 106 Radio

On the menu for this week:::
Oh I'm SO SO excited to share my new menu with you, because starting today I am back to cooking and trying new recipes.  I've missed that so very much. 

Monday - Honey Mustard Pork Scallopini with Rice (new recipe)
Tuesday - Lemon Grilled Chicken, Potato Salad (new recipe)
Wednesday - Smoked Sausage and Potatoes
Thursday - Cheesy Garlic Pizza
Friday - Asian Lemon Chicken Tenders, Steamed rice (new recipe)
Saturday -Grilled Steaks, Baked Potatoes, Salad
Sunday - Chicken Parmesan Meatballs, Egg Noodles (new recipe)

On my to do list:::
Ironing
Homeschooling
Get Craft/Office room done
Make a few phone calls
Wait for Dish Network to come and install dish

Happening this week:::
Nothing really planned, just the usual day to day things, homeschooling, errands, kid's activities.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I have fallen so behind on my  Crochet Mood Blanket. I was going to just end it off, do the edging and call it good, but my husband convinced me to keep going and not give up on it.
Also slowly making squares for my newest lap blanket.

My simple pleasure:::
Sewing, sitting down at my machine and just tuning everything out. 

Lesson learned the past week:::
Just a reminder that time flies and you need to make every moment count.

Looking around the house:::
It's very quiet and neat and tidy, I don't need to clean anything today actually LOL
Nicholas is awake and is on the couch playing on his laptop with Miss Lola sleeping next to him. 

From the camera:::

_MG_2135 

Prayer List:::
My friends and family, with whatever it is that they may be going through. 

Bible verse, Devotional:::
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord. “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. Isaiah 55:8-9 NIV

PLEASE, don't add links to this list that are not part of the Happy Homemaker Monday. I've asked numerous times, and I'm frankly quite tired of having to remove links to other posts that shouldn't be in this list. Please be respectful of my request!

6 comments:

Schotzy said...

One of my very favorite verses.... I do enjoy this MOnday blog party... it sets the mood for the new beginnings each week!

Debbie said...

I will swap my snow for your rain! Only another month until spring.

Are those Walkers shortbread I spy? Yummy.

Have a great week Sandra.

Liz said...

Yes, are those Walkers short bread? Those are my favorites!
I can't wait to see some of these delicious looking meals. I hope you'll be posting recipes.
Can I please have some of your energy you had this morning? I need it!

Have a good week. Happy Monday!

Kathy Skinner (Kat) said...

I am so wanting some Spring! Have a great week!

Schotzy said...

Thanks for the kind comment...have a blessed day!

Anna said...

thank you for hosting this each week, even though i don't always participate I do enjoy reading :-)