Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Well goodness gracious.....



You guys have totally shown me the love, how sweet.

Thank you each and everyone for the birthday wishes, I loved them all and I wish I could give hugs through this internet thing, but I can't so just consider yourselves hugged.

So let's see, anything interesting for my birthday, I'm sure you're wondering, but no....it was a perfectly normal day like any other, I spent most of it alone while kids were in school and after Curt left for work. I didn't even have cake, that's horrible isn't it? LOL

It's fine with me though, I've stopped really celebrating birthdays, I remember when I was little and it was so anticipated, I would literally count the days and minutes and wake up in the morning running around all happy. There was always the gifts and the special dinner and cake and family.

I still like the gifts though, don't get me wrong and one of them this year was a Wii Fit. Oh man, I'm so thrilled to have gotten that one, it's soooooooo good and I'm feeling the burn.

Anyway, kids started school yesterday and so far they both seem to be loving their teachers, although Nicholas had a bit of chaos in his first grade classroom. Apparently one of the little boys decided he didn't want to do what the teacher asked and proceeded to pick up his chair and fling it across the room, then punched the teacher multiple times, hurled insults at her and the kids and yelled and yelled.

Needless to say the principal, counselor and social worker had to get involved. I felt awful not only for Nicholas and the other kids but the poor teacher, I mean what a way to start the year huh?

And a first grader???? I'm just in shock.

Other than that there is not much going on, other than me being completely over the moon with my General Hospital. Now I know some of you will probably shake your heads and think I'm nuts but you have to understand, I stopped watching 3 years ago and just started again because I LOVE Jason and Sam. They are all kinds of cute and sparkly and so hot together. LOL

This is kind of a late post, I should be in bed, I'm having a hard time getting back on the school schedule, was used to getting up late *snicker*

I'm sorry if this is just a jumble of things, I tend to ramble on and I think of you all as my friends so.....

OH my car, yeah, changed out the water pump but now it won't start up at all, so I've been using hubby's truck to drive the kids to school in the morning and then in the afternoons we have to walk cause hubby is at work.....we walk......in 115 degree weather, sick hot and the kind that makes you feel like you're going to die with every step LOL

Just wanted to post these two pics of my babies sleeping right before being woken up for the first day of school, I still see the babies in them when they're asleep, there is something about that peacefulness.



I guess now I'm out of here, Oh and before I forget, I have that review for you tomorrow and the giveaway, another wonderful Christian book you won't want to miss.

I do hope you're all having a great week and I apologize for not coming around, I think until we get into this schedule again it's going to be a bit of a hit and miss here on the blog. By the way, thank you to all who have followed me, I am in shock that I have 199 followers...WOW!
Is there one out there by chance that wants to make it an even 200? LOL

Have a great night everyone,

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I would totally subscribe to make it 200 but I'm already a follower !! :)

Mari said...

I'm already a follower too, but I bet you get your 200th soon! Glad you had a good birthday.
I can't believe your kids are in school already. Around here it doesn't start until Labor Day.

Susanne said...

I haven't been around the blogs either, having the oldest girl here visiting. I totally missed that it was your birthday. Well Happy Belated Birthday!

I cannot imagine 115* weather. I am melting at the high 80's. I think I would just curl up and not function at all in 115.

Our kids don't go back until Aug. 31 this year and they are bummed about that because it's usually not until after the first weekend in Sept. I hope your schools have air conditioning!

Renee said...

Well, I just read your post and checked ~ you're up to 201 following you now. Congrats!!!

The pictures of your kids are sweet. Hope your car gets fixed soon. Try to stay cool in that heat!

Heart2Heart said...

Sandra,

Oh what is there not to love about pictures of sleeping kids. They are too precious and adorable to ever want to wake up.

Just what company are you reviewing books for? Can't wait to hear about it.

Love and Hugs ~ Kat

Jen said...

I'm over the moon with Young and the Restless so I get it...lol.