Monday, September 11, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/11/2017

Good morning friends, how was your weekend?  I had a very quiet, relaxing one, matter of fact, Curt and I spent most weekend hanging out and watching TV.  It's not something we do very often, most weekends we're busy with yard work or running around doing other stuff, so it felt amazing to have nowhere to be and nothing to do.

Well let's see what this week holds for us.....



The weather:::
It's been absolutely gorgeous.  Fall is also most certainly around the corner.  Our temperatures have dropped, mornings are starting to feel quite chilly which I love.
It's actually just 56 degrees right now with a high of 86 later.  Looks like the rest of the week we're staying within those temps.
  
Right now I am:::

I was watching some vlogs, trying to catch up as I didn't watch any this weekend, but I just stopped to get this post up.  I'm sitting on the couch with Marley, he is in and out of sleep.  My coffee has gone cold so I'm thinking I may need to top it up soon.
  
On my reading pile:::
Thief's Mark and To Wager Her Heart.   I still have a new book from Nancy E. Turner to read, but haven't been able to dig into it yet as I've so many to review.   Hoping to get done with these soon so I can get started on that one.  

Movies or Shows I watched this weekend:::

As I said, hubby and I watched quite a bit of TV.  He was catching up with Season 12 of Supernatural, and even though I've watched it, I watched it again.  We also watched Star Wars Rogue One, ARQ and Finding Dory, just because we love it.
  
On my TV:::
General Hospital
Dr Phil
Outlander
Haunted Towns
Vlogs

On the menu for this week:::
I have quite a few from last week that ended up not being made.  I don't know what my issue is lately, but I'm struggling to stick to the plan.  I'm not going out and eating, I'm just not making what is on the menu and using the ingredients to make something else.  I'm making it a point to stick to plan this week though, so let's see how that goes.

Also I'm starting to do Leftover Sundays.  Usually we end up snacking all day long and by dinner time no one is really hungry, so it's going to be a Leftovers day, clean out the fridge kind of thing.

Monday
Pulled Pork, Homemade Mac and Cheese     
Tuesday
Chicken Pot Pie, Salad      
Wednesday
Hamburger Helper (trying to use up the last box I have), Steamed Broccoli
Thursday
Fish Sticks, Tomato Rice, Hush Puppies   
Friday 
Chicken a La King with Garlic Mashed Potatoes     
Saturday 
Grilled Brats, Potato Salad    
Sunday
Leftovers 

On my to do list:::
Kitchen......Empty the dishwasher, reload.  Sweep and Mop.
Laundry.....Clothes laundry is all done.  Just have to iron a pile and put everything away.  Do all the bed linens. 
Living Rooms......Pick up all of Marley's toys, vacuum, carpet clean.
Homeschooling......Help Nick with his portfolio for Computer Technology. 


What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
Put the Mandala Madness aside for a few again.  It's become such a huge project that I need to take constant breaks or I'll end up hating it.  I started another blanket, really just to get rid of my yarn stash, will show you all later.

Looking around the house:::
Marley is playing out back and I can hear him chasing squirrels and barking at the birds.  The house is not dirty but my living room floor is pitiful.  Marley pulls out all the stuffing from the toys and I feel like I spend my days picking up after him.

From the camera:::
My favorite snack lately.  I picked up these Chutneys from Aldis, they had them on sale last week.  I love Chutney but don't often get to enjoy it so this is a real treat.  The Onion Chutney is AMAZING.  I still have a jar of Mango Chutney to try. 



What I'm wearing today:::
I am still in my pajamas but will be getting dressed as soon as this post goes up.  I'm going to throw on some sweats and a tank top.  I'm not feeling too good today, I'm about to start my cycle and yeah......if you're a woman you'll understand.   😉

One of my simple pleasures:::
Hearing the popping of the lids when you're canning. 

Inspirational Quote, Bible verse, anything you want to share:::

 


9 comments:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Sounds like you had a very relaxing weekend. I'm recovering from my last chemo treatment. I ended up sleeping a lot over the weekend. It's the first time I've had to spend so much time in bed. I hope to get some things done today, but I'll have to pace myself.

Have a wonderful week!
Laura Lane
Harvest Lane Cottage
Carthage, Missouri

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I hope you have a wonderful week dear Lady! Happy belated bday to Marley! I love following all of your goings on over on insta too. ;) Your menu sounds so yummy and I LOVE your inspiration!!
Have a blessed week. xoxo

Row. said...

Your weekend sounds lovely. I like how you went back to your homey header. have a great week.

Stacy said...

Love your quote, that is inspiring! I also love your blog header as well! And your menu sounds delicious :) have a wonderful week!

Carol said...

I grilled London Broil last night and topped it with some of that onion chutney -- it was delicious! Very similar to an onion jam recipe I used to make. Might need to dig that recipe out now!

Jean said...

Sounds like you had a great relaxing weekend. I've been having trouble sticking to my menu plans as well. Never thought of eating chutney on crackers, usually just use it to cook. Going to have to try that! Hope you have a great week!

Sandi said...

Love those heart shaped crackers!

Unknown said...

Your pictures are always so stunning! You make the simplest shots look gorgeous! Like the crackers and chutney. Magazine worthy!
Glad you had a relaxing weekend and you and your hubby got to spend so much time together. I'm hoping me and my hubby can have a similar weekend this coming one. Have a great week! :)

UplayOnline said...

Going to have to try that! Hope you have a great week!


การ์ตูนโป๊