Friday, September 08, 2017

And then he turned 1.......

This may seem like such a strange post, after all we're talking about a dog.  But this is not just any dog, this is our Marley, and he has come into our lives like a whirlwind and stolen our hearts.

Marley turns 1

If you've been following me since the beginning, you know what Lola meant to me.  I couldn't begin to tell you just how much I loved her, she was constantly at my side, she was my baby, and I shared so many pictures of her here on the blog.

Having to put her down last year, broke me.  It honestly left such a huge hole in my heart and I never thought I would ever love another pet.

In comes Marley and I adore him.

I like to think that we didn't just save him from the Humane Society, but he saved us :)

Marley turns 1

This is why him turning 1 years old, was so important for us to celebrate and mark as a special day.  His birthday was actually on Tuesday but I am only now getting around to posting on the blog, so you may see a few posts popping up :)

But back to Marley, I made him his own cupcakes, as you can see above.  Actually, it was two for him and one for Bella, she is so small and can't handle more than one.   The cupcakes are peanut butter, banana and honey, quite tasty though not as sweet for us humans, but definitely edible.

Marley turns 1

For us, I made some simple Strawberry cupcakes with Strawberry icing, and they were amazing.

Marley turns 1

Bella came out to celebrate.  She is so old folks, so incredibly old.  Every single day she defies the odds and just keeps on going.  She's actually about 16 or 17 years old.  :)

Marley turns 1

Marley turns 1

He is such a joy to have around.  As big as he is, and he's now 74 pounds of muscle, he has the softest heart and the sweetest composition.  We just can't imagine life without him.

Marley turns 1

So happy birthday Marley, you've been such a joy the past year and I can't wait to see what you get up to in the coming years.

5 comments:

Simply Quaint said...

Happy Birthday ๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ‚๐ŸŽŠ Marley....Oh my gosh, how fun...he is a sweetie...and Miss Bella bless her heart.....you're good human parents.....I love my Miss Chloe just as much, she turned 10 in July...

Blessings❣️

Unknown said...

Aww so sweet! Happy Birthday Mr. Marley!

Jean said...

Aw, how fun! Happy Birthday to Marley!

Unknown said...

So sweet! Happy Belated Birthday to Marley! It is crazy how much he has grown! He is adorable! And how sweet is Bella!? :)

UplayOnline said...

Happy Birthday to Marley!


เธเธฒเธฃ์เธ•ูเธ™เน‚เธ›๊