Saturday, February 03, 2018

Sickness has fallen upon our household

_MG_0297

Oh goodness.  I mentioned the other day that the kids were sick.  After taking them to the doctor, they didn't seem to be getting any better, matter of fact, on Thursday Jasmine got worse which prompted a trip to the Urgent Care.

I was there with her for a couple of hours, and after testing her for the Flu, it was determined that she has Flu Type B.

Because the 48 hour window had closed for the use of Tamiflu, we are having to just manage the flu as best as we can.  She had high fevers for 4 days, and thankfully yesterday it seemed to finally break, but she's weak, wiped out and extremely unwell still.  Her stomach hurts and she isn't able to keep down much food at all, only thing she seems to manage to eat is cereal, and I'm ok with that, as long as she's getting something in her tummy.  She is drinking a ton of fluids, and has been bedridden for days now.



Nick is feeling better in the sense of fever, but has developed laryngitis and has a severe sore throat and no voice.  He has also been sick to his stomach, but is able to keep eating with no problems.

I hate seeing the kids so sick.  They seem to be doing well this morning, both fast asleep, no fevers, so hopefully we're over the worst of it.

_MG_0295

My life has consisted of doing laundry, constantly.  I've been changing bed sheets and comforters out ever day, taking care of the kids, which if you're a mom you know is exhausting when more than one kid is sick at the same time.

Homemade chicken soup has been made and consumed, and I've disinfected and cleaned out both of their bedrooms.  Once everyone is better, I'll pop open all the windows and get to work with some Lysol.

_MG_0336

Unfortunately, I am now down with a cold.   I am not surprised in the least, considering I've been taking care of them for days and am around their germs, even though we've been going through hand sanitizer like crazy.

Yesterday was tough, I was so unwell and stayed in my pajamas all day, laid up on the couch so I could be within ear shot of the kids.  I took it easy, drank hot tea with lemon and honey, did some motrin and tylenol alternated to knock off my fever and tried to relax, but again, a sick mom can never really relax because there's still meals to be prepared, and with the kids sick, they can't take care of themselves at the moment.

_MG_0347

When I wasn't feeling too poorly, I crocheted some on my Elements CAL.  Still on Part 8 so I'm a little behind at the moment, but that's ok, the pattern isn't going anywhere.

_MG_0348

I'm so incredibly thankful that it's the weekend, my husband is home and he has taken over caring for the kids AND now me too.  It will be good to be able to just nap when I need to and work on getting better.

Just really hope that my children start feeling better soon.

Well friends, I'm feeling really tired and unwell, so I'm going to close this one for now.  Thank you all for the prayers, our family truly appreciates them. :)

Have a wonderful weekend and I'll see you either tomorrow or on Monday with our Happy Homemaker Monday.

8 comments:

Kara said...

The flu has hit our house too, the 5-year-old has it and I fear that it will pass through more. Hope you get to feeling better soon, and those kiddos!

Jean said...

So sorry the flu found your house. Hope you are all feeling much better very soon!

Dawn Marie said...

I hope everyone gets well soon. I work in the school cafeteria and there have been a ton of sick kids and now I'm sick too. The flu seems so awful this year.

Dieneke said...

The flu entered also in this home in the Netherlands.

I hope you feel better very soon.

Mari said...

The flu is so bad this year. We have people on isolation at my nursing center because of it - not to mention staff getting it. Praying you all are better soon, and that Curt doesn't catch anything!

Renee said...

Hope you all are feeling better soon!

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Oh, no! That flu is nasty business, feel better soon!

Anonymous said...

Here to.. Son passed out at salon getting his hair cut, had to go by ambulance to hospital, uuug the flu