Was awakened at 4am with the sound of thunder and bright lightning flashing through the windows. A few seconds later the rain started coming down, the temperatures plummeted and the whole house remained dark until almost 8am.
It was pure bliss, not gonna lie, today actually felt like Fall.
I made my way to the kitchen in absolute darkness, with nothing but the light from my cellphone screen to light the way. As I walked through each room, I did light a candle or lamp.
The rain continued to come down quite strongly and by the time I took Jasmine to work, it was so bad that traffic was crazy with everyone driving 20 miles below the speed limit on the highway.
I love rain but I don't particularly like driving in it, so until I am back home safe and sound, I'm quite anxious.
I returned home and sat down to answer some emails pertaining to my book reviews, when suddenly the power went out. Completely out.
Usually when it rains this hard, we tend to lose power but only for a few moments, today that didn't happen. The outage was in our whole area and the adjoining town, and it wouldn't be resolved for 3 hours.
So I took the time with no electricity, to potter around and get a few things done.
While I was walking around the house, I took a few pictures of my current favorite things, products or food that I've been enjoying the past month or so, and thought I would show you all.
Not just for that reason but I thought it would be fun to have a record of what my current favorites were at a specific time. Will make for an interesting read years from now.
1. Pumpkin Cheesecake candle that my daughter gave me, it smells divine.
2. Wild Garden Cath Kidston candle that my son gave me for my birthday. Close your eyes, and picture you walking into a field of wild flowers, that is what is smells like. I LOVE it!
3. Grace for Each Day Small little chapters to motivate you and encourage you every day. I usually read it each morning and it sets the pace for the rest of the day.
4. Pantene 10 in 1 Beauty Balm The one thing about Texas that I dislike, is the crazy humidity. I find that I'm always struggling with frizzy hair and big poofy hair too. I was looking for something to combat those hair issues, and picked this up at my local commissary. Figured I would give it a try and ladies, I am LOVING IT. It smells amazing and it leaves my hair silky smooth. I think it is going to be a must have for my hair.
5. NYX Concealer the older I get, the darker my under eye circles become, and unfortunately allergies also seem to exacerbate that darkness. I've struggled with finding a good concealer that actually covers the circles without leaving me looking like I have grey shadow under my eye. I got this one purely as a last resort since I had tried every single other product I could think of, and it actually works really well. It was only $4 so I wasn't putting much trust in it, but it's surprised me.
6. Lola Necklace my husband got me this necklace for my birthday and I can't even tell you how much I adore it. It's kind of hard to show you Lola's picture but you can see it. It is 3D and I just, yeah, it is one of the best if not the BEST gift I have ever received. I try not to wear it every day because I'm so scared I'll lose it, but it is just the sweetest gift and I get to carry my girl close to my heart.
7. My new blackout curtains that I purchased from Walmart, this past weekend. They had been marked down to $7 and were exactly what I had been looking for.
8. Dragon Wing Begonia of all the distressed plants we got, this has been my favorite from the get go. Not only is it gorgeous but it's doing really well and has doubled in size. I'm going to have to buy a bigger pot for it soon.
9. Happy Fall Y'all Sign I absolutely adore foxes, squirrels and rabbits, and this sign combines all three in the cutest way.
10. Sweater Pumpkins these had to be on my list of current favorites, I can't help but smile anytime I walk by them.
11. Donut Shop Coconut Mocha been trying different coffees, some I've liked some not so much, but I do quite enjoy coconut and this coconut mocha is quite tasty.
12. Ice Cream Cups boy does this take me back in time. It's been ages since I've had one of these but I saw them at the commissary last time I went shopping and had a craving for an old favorite. I remember as a child eating these with those tiny little wooden spoons.
Those are my current favorites, next month I may find something new to add to the list, who knows, but for now, I'm really enjoying all these.
Well friends, my bed is calling my name and even though it's a Friday night and really not even 8:30pm, I am more than willing to oblige it's beckoning and climb right under the covers. I will more than likely be fast asleep within 10 minutes.
Tomorrow I have to take Jasmine to work and then need to pop into the dollar store for some picture frames and then Lowe's to find some cheap lumber. There are a few things that I need for the house and my husband loves building things, so I'm going to give him a honey to do list and cross my fingers that he will say yes LOL
I'm sure he will. I will take you along with me throughout the day, as I always try to do and will be sure to come back and show you whatever I end up making.
See ya soon!