Monday, September 23, 2019

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/23/2019 }

Good morning everyone, welcome back to my little corner in blogland.

I hope you've all had a fantastic weekend.  Mine was great because I did absolutely nothing.  I chose to stay home, not go anywhere, not do anything and aside from laundry and cooking, I lay in bed, caught up on my shows, read a ton and just relaxed.

I apologize for being absent from my blog, pretty much all of last week, but it was just really busy.  I was back and forth to the doctors, appointments, blood tests, bone density scans and endless hours spent at the pharmacy waiting for meds.  Driving the girl back and forth to work, homeschooling and trying to keep the house running.  Crazy busy but it was all done.

I have another busy week ahead of me but I am going to make sure I take photos, and put up a few posts throughout the next few days.

Right, with that out of the way, let's get going and take a quick look at what our weeks look like, ahead.





The Weather:::
The past few days we have been blessed with rain, and I've soaked it all in just like the earth does.  It's finally knocked our temperatures down a bit although we still get pretty hot days, but nothing like it was before.  Fall may actually be arriving in our neighborhood. 

Monday - Scattered Thunderstorms,85
Tuesday - AM Thunderstorms,89
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 93
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 91
Friday - Mostly sunny, 93
Saturday - AM Thunderstorms,89
Sunday - Isolated Thunderstorms, 89



On my reading pile:::
I am currently reading One for the Blackbird, One for the Crow and oh my goodness, I can't put it down.  However, I need to put it just a little because I started reading it while I waited for my next review book to come in, and now that it has, I need to get through it because it needs reviewing BEFORE this one.



So, the new book I am picking up today is called A Bitter Feast by Deborah Crombe.

  https://prodimage.images-bn.com/pimages/9780062271662_p0_v2_s550x406.jpg 


On my tv:::
Youtube homemaking vlogs
Cold Case Files
Star Trek:  The Next Generation
When Hope Calls


On the menu for this week:::
I am going to be in and out of the house this week, and a few of those times will be right when I'm supposed to be fixing dinner.  With that in mind, I always try to organize my meals so that I can get dinner on the table pretty quick.  I will be doing a blog post on how I get organized with meals on those specific days.   


Monday -  Slow Cooker Ravioli Casserole
Tuesday -  Sour Cream Taco Bake, Salad
Wednesday -  Chicken in Cream Sauce, Garlic Mash, Fried Okra
Thursday - Durotar Warrior's Pie (Hearthstone inspired dinner, picked by the kids)
Friday - Ham Steaks, Scalloped Potatoes, Salad
Saturday -  Ogri'la Chicken Fingers, Onion Rings (World of Warcraft inspired dinner, picked by the kids)
Sunday  - Leftovers


On my to do list:::
Homeschooling
Change bed linens
Carpet Clean
Pharmacy on Wednesday to pick up Calcium supplements
Usual every day homemaking chores, cooking and cleaning.



What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating:::
I am not doing anything creative at the moment, I may actually remove this category from my list next week, at least for the moment because I haven't had time for anything. 


Looking around the house:::
It is so dark, not only because the days are taking longer for the sun to rise but it's been raining this morning too.  The house is not in a bad shape, aside from the usual tidying up after the weekend.
I need to open all the curtains and actually pop open a few windows to let in some fresh air.



From the camera:::
One of the things I most like about Fall season, is the candle light all over the house.  I do light candles during summer, but not very often, I tend to leave that for Fall and Winter. 


 


On my prayer list:::
♥ My mother in law Pat and her battle with cancer
♥ My husband as he goes through all the VA doctor appointments



Bible verse, Devotional:::
Remember what God has invited you into, is better than what is behind you. - Pastor Steven Furtick


9 comments:

Jodi said...

Your menu sounds yummy this week! Both of your books sound very intriguing, will have to check them out. Love the candle/flower pic! I hope you can find time to be creative soon! I always love your crafty projects!! Have a great Monday!

Luludou said...

I have a bone density test to do this week too. we are having a week with thundershowers too, and I love when't it's so dark outside. Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I'm glad the doctor is getting things figured out for you. I have another appt today. The menu looks great! We went to our favorite island over the weekend. It was so fun and relaxing.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Busy weeks are good for the soul! Keeping you all in my prayers as you go through all the doctors appointments - I have so much empathy for you! Your menu sounds delicious and those books both have intriguing titles, can't wait for your reviews. Have a GREAT week.

Stacy said...

Thank you so much for hosting, and I love the new blog design its beautiful! Love your devotional and Ill join you in prayers for your mother in law. Glad your week was great though busy, and that you had a day yesterday to rest and refresh! :) Have a wonderful week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dear Sandra! I'm glad your temps are dropping a bit. And your menu sounds so yummy - love how the kiddos pick some fun ones r/t their games. 😊
I'm such a candle girl too! Just makes things cozier and in the darker seasons brings such a light and brightness to the soul. Prayers for your Hubby and MIL. Have a great week! ❤️

Pamela said...

Love the sound of the themed dinners picked by the kids, how fun! Can't wait to hear more about them. Have a wonderful week!

Jean said...

I prefer candles in the fall and winter as well. Just better effect, I think. It's a busy time of year. Hope you get some moments to relax and have a great week!

Rebecca Knox said...

Your menus look great, Sandra, and sound delicious! Love the candle photo! It's about time for me to start lighting them up here. Continued prayers being offered up over your mother in law. Hope you're having a great week! <3