Monday, April 20, 2020

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 04/20/2020 }

Good morning dear friends, how was your weekend?  I kind of wish mine had been longer, I was so busy running around both Saturday and Sunday, that I didn't get a chance to relax at all.

Truth be told, it doesn't really matter since we are home every day, anyway.

 It has just gone 7AM, Marley and I saw daddy off to work and now we are back in bed.  He is sleeping next to me and I'm working on this post, while also keeping an eye on my Hospital chart waiting on the Mammogram results to be posted.

The waiting between the exam and the results is always the worst, isn't it?  No matter how calm you are or not fearful, you still get those butterflies in you stomach.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to this coming weekend, my baby girl is turning 21.  Insane.  We won't be able to have family over or do any kind of party for her, it will have to wait until the quarantine is lifted.

So yeah, that's basically what is happening over here.  I hope you all have a blessed week ahead, I am praying for peace and comfort to everyone currently stuck at home, and especially those that are really struggling with the isolation.

Happy Homemaker Monday


♥♥The Weather♥♥
The weather has been as uncertain as this whole virus.  80 degrees and then 30 and freezing weather, fog and even a sprinkle of snow.  I couldn't make this up if I tried to.             

Monday - Partly cloudy, 76
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 79
Wednesday - Scattered thunderstorms, 71
Thursday - Sunny, 80
Friday - Mostly sunny, 78
Saturday -  Partly cloudy, 68
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 76


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Feeling pretty good, though a little anxious as I await the results of the mammogram.  I know it's all in God's hands though, and I was about to say BUT, but nothing.  That's all.  It is in God's hands.  Period.   


♥♥On my mind♥♥
The results, and my girl turning 21 on Saturday.  I feel like time has flown by so quickly, and as much as I have loved watching my children grow into adults, I also miss the time when they were little.  But, it's all part of the process right?                   


♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
Just my coffee for the moment.  Not really sure what I'll have for breakfast, I'm not really hungry and don't feel like anything.  Maybe in an hour or so I'll be ready to eat.   



♥♥On my reading pile♥♥
Simon the Fiddler by Paulette Jiles. 




♥♥On my tv♥♥
Youtube vlogs
World on Fire
Belgravia
The Chosen, you can watch the first episode on Youtube         

I have kept the exact same list as last week, because I haven't really been watching much TV.  I watch the President's Presser every afternoon while I make dinner, and then some vlogs in the morning but aside from that, haven't sat down to watch any series.


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

Monday - Cheesy Kielbasa Bake, Garlic Bread
Tuesday - Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy
Wednesday - Lasagna, Salad
Thursday -  Bean burritos, Spanish rice
Friday - Deep Dish Sausage Pizz
Saturday - Sausage Biscuit Casserole
Sunday - Pork Chow Mein


♥♥From the camera♥♥
My beautiful bag from Cath Kidston.  I love the bright cheery yellow.      




♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
My carpets need serious attention, I've been putting it off because the weather has been so weird, and with Marley going in and out to potty they keep getting muddy paws.  I clean as he comes in but they need a good complete cleaning, so need to do that this week.     


♥♥Chore I'm not looking forward to today, or this week♥♥
No chore in particular, I am just going to get on with it.


♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Read my book, finish my place mats.     


♥♥On my prayer list♥♥
* The President and our country.
* For good results for myself and every other woman either having their mammogram done at the moment, or waiting on their results as well.
*  For the world, for this virus to be eradicated, for the time when we are all able to get back to work and resume our lives.  For those that are stuck inside and have used this time to turn to God's word, those who have picked up their Bibles after many years of not giving it a second thought.  I pray for calm, for comfort, for healing and peace.         


♥♥Devotional/Bible Verse♥♥
What if the normal we once knew, is not the normal God is leading us into?  - Pastor Steven Furtick


11 comments:

Jen said...

Prayers for good results this morning. Thinking about you.

threesidesofcrazy said...

I ADORE your inspirational!!! It is exactly what I have been trying to stress to those around me. We really have to question "going" back to normal. There are serious parts of that "normal" that shouldn't be our"new normal" and I pray this time in isolation has made people more aware.

I can't believe Jasmine is going to be 21 - where has the time gone? Happy Birthday Jasmine!

I pray your results are wonderful! It is always a daunting time waiting for those to come in! Have a WONDERFUL week my friend.

Luludou said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! We celebrated with my daughter for her bday... with social distancing. Hoping your results are excellent.
Love the yellow bag. Have a great week

Jean said...

Hope you've got your great results by now. What a beautiful bag! Time does fly. Hope your daughter has a wonderful birthday. And that you have a fantastic week!

Schotzy said...

I’m so glad you mentioned the Chosen. It sounds wonderful. So glad it is on YouTube! Have a great week. Hope your mammogram comes back with a good result. God bless!

Joanne said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! I hope she has a terrific birthday! Your new handbag is beautiful and I love the color! Yellow is one of my favorite colors. So happy and perfect for spring and summer! I hope you have received good news on your results. Waiting for test results is never easy and I pray that you find comfort with good news soon. I'm wanting to sew place mats someday too. I am new to sewing and I think that would be something I might be able to tackle. I think it would be fun to make seasonal ones. Hope you have a great week and fantastic time celebrating your daughter's birthday.

Daydreams In The Desert said...

Love that bag! Cath Kidston items are always so bright and colourful! I hope you have a great week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dearest! Prayers sent on high for everything to check out just fine from your mammo results. 🙏 And happy birthday to Jasmine!! Where did that time go?? My SIL has a bday this week too. So we're going to bring goodies and have a little driveway party. Lol
I'm still so in love with that purse! 😉 It's so perfect for this season. Have a great week ahead. xoxo

A Runners Mom & More said...

Thoughts & Prayers for everyone during this Coronageddon time...21 how awesome is that !

TheAwakenedSoul said...

Hi Sandra, That's a beautiful bag. I love the floral print. Hope your results from the mammogram are all clear. I thought that you would like being home. Your place is so pretty.

Atm Card said...

Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com