Monday, February 01, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 02/01/2021 }

Good morning dear friends, come on in out of the cold and have a cup of coffee.
 
First, I apologize for this post going up later than usual, it's just been one of those mornings where I'm moving quite slow.  Maybe it's the beginning of February, who knows.
 
Anyway, I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, hope you got some rest and are now ready for the week ahead.  Wishing you all a blessed one.
 
I'm not going to sit here and blab like I usually do, because we are running a little late, so let's get right on with our Happy Homemaker Monday.
 


♥♥The Weather♥♥ 

Our weather has been a bit strange lately, we have gone from 20 degree days to 70s the very next day, then back to cold and then warm.  It's just not right hahah
As you'll see from the temperatures below, we are back at this seesaw motion, throughout the week. 

Monday - 57, mostly sunny
Tuesday - 64, partly cloudy
Wednesday - 71, partly cloudy
Thursday -  68, partly cloudy
Friday - 53, mostly sunny
Saturday -  51, mostly sunny
Sunday - 40, sunny


♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
Good but just moving slow.  I don't know how else to describe it.  I guess I'm going into February at a slow pace, maybe it will convince the universe to take it slower and not zip through another month.  Who knows.   



♥♥On my mind♥♥ 
Not much, just hoping for a good blessed week ahead.  Jasmine does have a job interview this morning, so if you could send a prayer her way, I know she would appreciate it.    


 ♥♥On the breakfast plate♥♥
I'm on my second cup of coffee.  Had my first at 5:20am when I got out of bed, and am now having another with Curt.  I'm not sure what I'll eat, not really hungry this morning.  


♥♥On my reading pile♥♥ 
Finishing off Jeremiah.
My daily devotional book.
I Have Lived a Thousand Years by Livia Bitton-Jackson ( I set this one aside because I got a new one in that I have been wanting to read for a while)
Cilka's Journey
All Creatures Great and Small
Falling Home (book review)
 

 ♥♥On my tv♥♥
Portuguese Soaps, Bem Me Quer and Amor Amor
Brazilian show called Genesis, based on the book of Genesis in the Bible. 
I have a ton of period series and movies to share with you, these are upcoming for this year and I can't wait to tell you all about them.  It's been a while since I've done a period drama update on the blog.


♥♥On the menu this week♥♥ 

I'll be working on the new meal plan throughout the week, as I'll be going grocery shopping on Friday.  These past two weeks I cooked from my freezer and pantry, and it has worked out really well.  Still ended up with some meals being switched around, moved forward and back, so if you see a meal or two on this week's menu that is from last week, it's because it didn't get made. 
 

Monday - Impossibly Easy Sausage and Bacon Pie, Fried Cabbage 
Tuesday - Teriyaki Steak, Rice
Wednesday - Breaded Ranch Chicken Thighs, Macaroni Pasta Salad
Thursday - Ikea Meatballs, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Spinach
Friday
Saturday
Sunday -


♥♥From the camera♥♥
Just a little peek at one of our huge antique stores.  We are going back today to browse around, since Curt is off work.  I'm so looking forward to it. 

January 30, 2021


♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
I need to vacuum and dust today.  The house is not needing much else, since I keep it neat and tidy all week long.  It's been easier to keep it this way since the kids have grown up, but also since I pick up daily and don't leave it all for the weekend or for a few days.   


♥♥New recipe I tried last week, or one that we really enjoyed♥♥
We tried Instant Pot  Chicken and Dumplings and it was a success.  So much quicker to throw together and really good.  I will put the recipe up on the food blog, not sure when but will try my best.    



♥♥To relax this week, I will♥♥
Read, read and read. 


♥♥Something I want to share♥♥ 
The video I am bringing you today is a little different than what I've been sharing, but I think you will still enjoy it.  I have been following a channel on Youtube, for a few months now.  
 
It is called Ghost Town Living and the channel is basically following the life of Brent who bought a Ghost Town in California, called Cerro Gordo.  He takes us along as he searches, discovers, visits abandoned mines and remodels and brings back to life the old ghost town of Cerro Gordo.  I think you will enjoy watching his journey, just as much as I do.
 
Today's video is called Searching for the Lost Silver Spear Mine.
 

 

 
♥♥Devotional, inspirational, prayer list or Bible verse♥♥

11 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey! I'm back after a little bit of a break! I have so missed my HHM blogs! I am drooling over all of your antique pics ( I need a fix soon! LOL). Hope your weeks is off to a great start, and happy antique browsing!!

GranthamLynn said...

Thanks for the party. Those Chicken and Dumplings look so yummy. I wish I had an Instant pot! Have a great week.

Luludou said...

Sending positive vibes for your dauther's job interview today.
Wish our shops would be open but all is closed except essentials. I love to go to antique shops but my husband not so much.
Will watch the video.
Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

I've been cooking from the pantry and freezer along with a couple meal delivery boxes too and love how things are shaping up, but it does take a bit more imagination so I also did the juggling thing to make the menu work. Glad you got out a bit and enjoyed some antiquing. Neat VLOG video too. Have a GREAT week.

Jean said...

Good luck to Jasmine on her job interview! That store looks like a fun place to browse around for a bit. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Carol said...

Hope the job interview went well! Fun antique finds - love those vintage cookbooks! Have a great week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Howdy! You know I'm so jealous of your antiquing and fun hauls. 😉 I would be wandering all around there with you if I could! I need to get an instant pot. I don't know why I keep putting it off. That chicken and dumplings would be top on my list to have first. You're giving me motivation! Lol Blessings on your week. xo

Heather said...

I love browsing antique shops! One of my favorite past times. The weather here has been all over the place, too. And that chicken and dumplings looks so yummy.

Lara said...

Nunca mais tinha lido o blogue mas já tinha muitas saudades!

Susanne said...

Hubby bought me an instant pot and at first I was super intimidated but I am loving it and use it at least once or twice a week. I'll have to go look up your recipe

GranthamLynn said...

Thanks for hosting each week.
Feel free to come over and link at Fabulous party. You can link any day.