Monday, September 13, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/13/2021 }

Good morning friends!

Welcome back to my blog and to our Monday feature "Happy Homemaker Monday".  

I hope you had a good weekend.  Mine was good but also sad.  My husband's aunt Mickey, who I asked for prayers on my last post, unfortunately passed on Friday afternoon.  We have endured so much loss lately.  It is sad, but we know that they are all in Heaven, free of disease, free of pain, and that brings us peace.  Please continue to pray for Aunt Mickey's husband, children and grandchildren as they go through this painful loss.

I hope you all have a blessed week, remember we have a blank canvas, a choice to make, so let's go into this coming week with love and understanding in our hearts.

 
 
Breakfast time....what is on the plate this morning::::
I just had a cup of coffee, and will have toast shortly.  I am starting a bit of a diet this morning, I've been abusing junk food and soda and I can feel it.  Going back to salads, and just water and watching what I eat.   
 

Looking around the house::::

Very quiet.  It is pretty dark inside, I've noticed the days are getting shorter and the sun is taking longer to rise, sure sign that Fall is around the corner.  
 
 
On today's to do list::::
Roast 3 more pumpkins for pumpkin puree and roast the seeds.
Clean house.
Clean pool.
Make appointment to renew my military ID card.


Currently reading::::
Have started Romans in the Bible
Kicking Ass in a Corset, for a book review coming up.  
 

On the TV this week::::
Going to start watching Dexter, my daughter and sister in law and other family members keep saying it's good and I need to watch it.  I tried it before but the whole voice over drove me batty so I stopped, but I will try again before the new season starts in November.
Homemaking Vlogs
London Hospital 


The weather outside is::::
The mornings have been blissful at 65 F, but we're still having very hot days around here.  Another week of 90s in the forecast.


On the menu this week::::
Starting to write up the new meal plan for the following two weeks.  This is what we have for the remained of this week, until Friday when I go grocery shopping again.
 

Monday - Beef and Onions, Noodles, Sauteed Collard Greens and Bacon

Tuesday - Beer Battered Fish Fillets, Tomato Rice, Salad

Wednesday - Deep Dish Sausage Pizza

Thursday - Dallas for the day

Friday - *Grocery Shopping*

Saturday - Portuguese Meatballs, Fries

Sunday -
 


If I have a few minutes to myself, I will::::
Crochet, I'm enjoying making the plant baskets.. 


New recipe I tried, or want to try this week::::

Last week I made the German Pizza for lunch and it was AMAZING.  Will have that recipe up later today.  


 

One of my simple pleasures::::
A hot cup of milky tea, and some shortbread cookies. 
 

Favorite photo from the camera::::
Sweet Elliott taking a nap on the couch.  He has become my little shadow since my Marley died.
 
 
 
Looking Around the House::::
I have a ton of laundry needing to be put away, washed it all yesterday and it just needs to be put up.  I also need to vacuum and dust, especially my overhead fans which are desperately needing it.


Praying for::::
♥♥  My sister in law, she is healed from Covid and Pneumonia, and is back to her chemotherapy appointments, she had her first this past Friday.  She is now starting the 12 week, once a week treatment. 
♥♥  Curt's aunt Mickey passed away on Friday.  Please pray for her husband, children and grandchildren.
♥♥  This morning while typing this up, I got a text message from my dad in South Africa.  He is having heart problems, and is also dealing with an Ulcer.  He might need stents put in.  Please pray for him. 


5 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so sorry that your family has endured so much medical hardship and loss these past weeks and months. Praying that things look up soon. Sorry to hear of Aunt Mickeys passing. I am glad Hayley has been able to return to her treatments and am keeping her in my prayers also. I know it's hard to be away from your dad while he is experiencing heart issues. I pray he receives the best care possible and feels better soon.

Looking forward to that German Pizza recipe. I also hope you see some relief soon from the heat. I'm glad we postponed our trip to the area until after it cools off a bit. Have a GREAT wek my friend.

Luludou said...

My sympathies for you and your family for your loss.
Sweet picture.
Have a great week

Daniela said...

Sincere condolences for your loss and be sure, you and your dear ones are in my prayers!
Take care
Xx Daniela at ~ My little old world ~

Unknown said...

I was catching up with your recent blog posts and wanted to congratulate you on becoming a US citizen. That's very exciting and I'm so happy for you. I'm so sorry though, that you all having been going through so much here lately it seems. I'm sorry to hear of Curt's aunt's passing and sorry your dad is having heart issues. Prayers for your aunt's family and for you dad.

Jean said...

I'm so sorry for the loss of your aunt. You've endured so much loss lately. Prayers for healing and peace for you and your family. That German pizza looks delicious, can't wait to see the recipe. Hope you have a great week.