Tuesday, September 07, 2021

{ Slow Days }

IMG_1298

I've never been one to enjoy busy days. Being out of the house constantly, driving around, or having multiple appointments in one day, makes me so antsy. 

I much prefer slow, quiet days at home.  Moving through the house, doing the chores that need done, cooking, baking, reading a book or drinking a cup of coffee.  That's pretty much the epitome of a perfect day.
 
The past few weeks, I have started purposefully slowing down, making lists for Fall and Winter, and grabbing my camera to capture my days.  I had actually forgotten just how I enjoyed my camera and being able to snap tidbits here and there.  
 
My blog used to be a daily post filled with pictures, and that's something I miss and strive to get back to.  So, I'm trying to be intentional, from the tasks I get done, to the photos I take and hopefully to the blog posts that will spring forth from that effort. 

IMG_1301IMG_1302
 
IMG_1304

IMG_1305

Last week I went in search of online books.  Ok, wait, let me rephrase that, because I'm not a fan of reading on a computer or tablet, or even my Kindle, I will read something, but I much prefer having the physical book in my hand.

But the kind of books I was wanting to read, or look through, are old, from the 1700's and 1800's.  Most specifically cookbooks, homemaking or diaries.

And wow, did I hit a jackpot.  I'll do a whole post on those this coming week, because I think that some of you would really enjoy looking through these as well.

But as I looked through them and started saving them to my bookmarks for later perusing, it hit me again just how simple things were back in those days.  There was a real love of home and hearth.
IMG_1307

IMG_1319

Cooking and baking, taking care of the house and children, those things that make a house a home.   As I looked around at my own house and my life, it hit me that for the most part, it is exactly what I've been doing and that realization brought me so much joy.  It's what I've always strived for, so to be able to see it around me, is wonderful.

One of the reasons I stopped blogging daily, was that I started feeling that maybe people wouldn't want to read the same day in and day out, or see the same kind of pictures.  But, you know, it's my life, it's what my days look like, and that's the whole point of this blog for me, to document my life so that one day, when I'm older, I can sit back and read and reminisce.
IMG_1314

IMG_1322
 
Those same things that I love watching on Youtube, through some of my favorite homemaking vlogs, is what I wasn't posting on here.  Does that even make sense?  So I love watching others, even if they do the same kind of tasks day in and day out, but I was worried it would get repetitive on my own blog.  
 
Sandra, Sandra!!!

IMG_1329

IMG_1335

IMG_1337

Has life changed over the past few years?  Absolutely, I've gotten older, some things I still enjoy, others I don't anymore.  Children grow into adults so don't need the same kind of attention as they did when little.  We moved across States, bought a house, lost family members and pets and so on.

But that's life, for us all.

What hasn't changed, is my blog and the reason that I started it.  So let's just get back to normal shall we?

You're going to start seeing my daily life again, some days will have fun things, some will just be same ol' same ol', but it will always be real, what I'm doing, cooking, photographing, reading or watching and so on.

IMG_1343

IMG_1344 

Throughout this post, you've been seeing random photos of my past few days, laundry, watering plants, food I made, small glimpses of Fall creeping into the house.

IMG_1345

New cookbook and magazine I bought.  Even after all these years, I continue being a huge Taste of Home fan and anytime I get a chance to buy one I do, though not as often as I would like because goodness, how expensive are they now?
 
Let me tell you, these both have such yummy recipes, that I'm going to use for my next meal plan.  The Simple Instant Pot Recipes cookbook, I picked up at Sam's club.  Love looking through their book and magazine shelves, always find such neat ones.

IMG_1341

IMG_1342

And then of course the taste of home always has great recipes, and this one for Fall?  Oh my word!!!

Anyway, I have another day of pottering around the house, the usual homemaking and cleaning, and I'll be sure to take you along with me and show you all I got done, on the next post.

Have a blessed day friends
xoxoxo

8 comments:

Mellie said...

These are my very most favorite type of blog posts! Good for you for returning to what you love. Have a blessed day!

Jean said...

I've always enjoyed your photos and reading about your homemaking days. Glad you are returning to what you love so much. Happy Tuesday!

Christal said...

I have always loved your blog Sandra, I enjoy it so much, hope you have a lovely week ahead🌼🌻🌸🙏

Luludou said...

I like these types of blog posts too. This blog is for you above others - remember that.

Rochelle said...

This is my most favourite blog I follow. Thank you for sharing.

Karen said...

I truly enjoy reading your blog. You are one of my favorites. Have a nice and relaxing week. Thanks

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I love a slow day, and haven't had one really. There seems to be a long to-do list this week, but the garden may be coming to an end soon for us. I would love to sit and read a book, but that hasn't happened this week. Maybe this weekend (I hope). Have a nice week. I enjoyed your photos. It made me remember to water my house plants.

Simply Handmade Farmhouse said...

lovely post!