Monday, December 13, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/13/2021 }

 
Good morning everyone.  It is a cold morning here in Texas.   I had a huge cup of coffee that has gone cold so quick.  Nothing worse than taking a swig and getting cold coffee, blech!!!
 
Anyway, come on in.  We had an ok weekend, Saturday Curt and I got our Christmas shopping done, or most of it anyway.  I really just need a white elephant gift for our Christmas Eve and then I'm done, thankfully.
 
Let's see what we have going on in our homes.  Have a blessed week my friends!
 

♥♥The Weather♥♥ 
Well another crazy week ahead.  I don't understand what Texas is doing and I'm not going to try and even understand it.  Best to leave it alone hahaha 



♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
A bit rough.  Scratchy throat, headache, runny nose.  Already taking meds and hitting it with vitamin c. 
 

♥♥On my mind♥♥ 
My sister in law is having her surgery on Thursday, so that is the biggest thing on my mind.       
 

 ♥♥Something Christmas related I've done the past few days♥♥
Christmas gift shopping.  Most of them I did online, which I don't really like doing, but sometimes there is not an opportunity to get to the stores, so you gotta do what you gotta do.  
I also made a few more paper bag star decorations, and wrapped the gifts I bought on Saturday.  
          

♥♥Christmas movie I watched♥♥
Christmas in the Heartland on Netflix.  Such a sweet Christmas movie.       


♥♥What I'm wearing today♥♥
At the moment, still pajamas, but will probably throw on some comfy jeans and a tshirt later.   

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥ 
We are continuing reading through Luke, and I'm just loving it.  
Have some review books as well, too many to mention.  I wish I had time to get through my own bookshelf, because I have so many wonderful books waiting to be read.  There just aren't enough hours in the day, are there?    

♥♥On today's to do list♥♥
Definitely processing all the tomatoes, finally got most of them ripened. 
Put up today's December with the Lord post.
Pick up Jasmine at 3:30pm.


 ♥♥On my tv♥♥
While I type this up, I'm watching Danielle Kirsty on Youtube, she does crime shows which I enjoy, although lately I haven't been watching many at all, been sticking to Christmas movies and vlogs.  Vlogmas videos on Youtube.
Christmas movies on Netflix.
 

♥♥What I'm listening to♥♥
The show on TV.    
 
 
♥♥Something fun to share♥♥ 
A sweet video on finding contentment by Whitney Barkman

 

 

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

Monday - Pork Chops in Mustard Sauce, Rice, Veggies
Tuesday - Layered Beef Casserole, Salad
Wednesday - Cheesy Ranch Chicken Pasta, Steamed Broccoli 
Thursday - Swedish Meatballs, Potato Bake, Salad
Friday - Million dollar Spaghetti, Homemade Foccaccia
Saturday - Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Mac and Cheese
Sunday - Teriyaki Steak and Rice

 
♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
The gifts under the tree are starting to appear.  There is something so magical about a tree with gifts wrapped all cute, underneath.  Just love it.   

♥♥In preparation for the holidays♥♥
This week I'll be making our rissois, which we have every Christmas Eve. 

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥ 
* My sister in law Hayley, she will be having her lumpectomy on Thursday.  Please pray for her.
* My niece Tiffany, she is now 37 weeks, has been having a lot of contractions but is also sick with a cold at the moment.  


6 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Good morning my friend. First of all HUGS and prayers to Hayley and Tiffany - I pray the surgery goes quickly and smoothly extracting the tumor in whole so that will put an end to this for Hayley and the Tiffany gets over the cold quickly so she can deliver a healthy baby!

Those shrimp turnovers sound so good right now. Christmas family food traditions are always so yummy! My shopping is done also and everything is wrapped. I'll be shipping the last 2 boxes out today and I'm actually done. I tried to shop local exclusively, but I had to resort to a few online purchases also.

Have a wonderful week and stay warm.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra!
Prayers for Hayley and Tiffany.
I've had to do more shopping online this year too. Still trying to stay focused on the meaning of the season and love how you're sharing that too!
Love the video - so uplifting and meditative. I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. xo

Luludou said...

Thinking of Hayley and Tiffany.

Enjoy the last few weeks to Christmas!

Daniela said...

Praying for Tiffany and Hayley,
I'm sending hugs and more hugs to you!
With utmost gratitude for hosting
XO Daniela at ~ My little old world ~ (Dany)

Jean said...

Prayers for your niece and sister in law. Hope you are feeling better as well. Not a big on-line shopper either though I seem to have done quite a bit more this year with so many stores that used to be close to me now gone. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Stacy said...

I will be praying for your sister in law! I'm so sorry you've been feeling sick! I hope you begin to feel well again so you can enjoy next week! I hope you have a great week in preparation!