Friday, December 31, 2021

{ New Year Fun - 2021 in Review }


 
And just like that, we are sitting here, the very last day of 2021.  A year that I don't think many people will miss, or will feel sad putting it behind them.

I thought 2020 was hard, well 2021 wasn't any easier for us.  We lost our sweet mother in law, our precious Marley and one of Curt's aunts, my sister in law got diagnosed with breast cancer, and we had many obstacles just come flooding our way.  The blows and attacks seemed to never end, but by the grace of God, we made it to the end, and I for one can not wait to see this year come to a close.

A few years ago, here on the blog, I started doing the Year in Review, where I post the first sentence of the first post, of every month, for that specific year.  It's been something fun I've done and it's always interesting going back and reading all the posts, seeing what I was doing or thinking at that time.

This year, I don't know if I'm quite ready to go back and look through my posts, especially since I know most include my sweet Marley, and that is still a very hurtful issue with me.  I am still grieving his loss, still missing him, still in denial that he is gone and still haven't been able to think of him without bursting into tears.....but for the sake of the blog, I'm going to give it a try.

Let's see what 2021 was all about.
 



January 2021


A blank slate, 12 months, 365 days.  A mountain of possibilities and experiences before us.



February 2021
 
January 30, 2021
 
Good morning dear friends, come on in out of the cold and have a cup of coffee.



March 2021
 

 
Good morning sweet friends, hope you've had a wonderful weekend.
 


April 2021
 

 
 Hope you all had a blessed Easter with your family, and remembered what we are truly celebrating.
 
 

May 2021
 
 IMG_0708
 
I sat back this past week, and thought about my blog, where it was headed, if it was headed anywhere, and even contemplated closing it down.



June 2021
 

 
Good morning sweet friends.  Hope you've all had a great weekend.



July 2021
 

 
I love a good ol' fantasy book, movie or tv show.



August 2021
 
 
 
Good morning friends and a happy Monday to you all!
 

September 2021
 
 
 
I am a huge history fan.
 


October 2021
 

 
It is 57 degrees, so a nice crisp morning. 
 

November 2021
 

 
Good morning, and welcome to November.
 

December 2021
 

 
Good morning dear friends and welcome back to my little corner of the world.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Happy New Year! Hope the year ahead is one full of happiness and blessings for you and your family!

Billie Jo said...

Happy and Blessed New Year. I pray it is full of peace and health.