Monday, December 20, 2021

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/20/2021 }

Good morning, how are you all doing?
 
Here we are,  Monday, the 20th of December, just 5 days from Christmas.  I am nowhere near ready, due to me being sick the whole of last week.  It just delayed everything, I was stuck in bed for most of the week, trying to get over this cold.  
 
Thankfully, I seem to finally be on the mend, for which I'm very grateful.  I don't know about you all, but I have zero patience for being sick, it drives me crazy when I want to get things done but my body does not cooperate. 
 
Now that I'm on the mend, I am rushing to try and get caught up.  Fingers crossed!!!
Right, let's get on with our Happy Homemaker Monday, and see what everyone is up to.  Have a blessed week my friends!
 

♥♥The Weather♥♥ 
Done with this craziness.  Everyone around here is sick with a cold due to the ever changing temperatures.  I'm ready for it to be Winter, and remain winter without jumping back and forth through hot and cold.  But alas, Texas has a different idea.....I'll just leave this week's weather preview for you, and you can make up your own mind.....I give up lol 



♥♥How I am feeling this morning♥♥
I'm doing better, no more low grade fevers the past 2 days, no more sore throat or headache either.  Still congested and now am at the phase of the cold where the cough sets in.  It's a bit frustrating because it keeps me up at night, but I'm much better than I was all weekend.   
 

♥♥On my mind♥♥ 
Christmas, all I need to cook and bake and one last minute gift I have to purchase.         
 

 ♥♥Something Christmas related I've done the past few days♥♥
Wrapped presents, that's it.  Oh and watched some Christmas vlogs and a movie.  Other than that, nothing much.    
          

♥♥Christmas movie I watched♥♥
The Boy called Christmas on Netflix.         


♥♥What I'm wearing today♥♥
A black jumpsuit, and a cardigan. 

♥♥On my reading pile♥♥ 
Well, first I'm reading through Luke in the Bible.  
Also, currently finishing off The Good Kings by Kara Kooney, as well as How to Stitch an American Dream by Jenny Doan.  Both for upcoming reviews within this coming week. 




♥♥On today's to do list♥♥
Happy Homemaker Monday blog post
Empty Dishwasher, load with breakfast dishes
Take out meat for dinner
Start making Rissois to freeze
Start working on new meal plan and grocery list
December with the Lord blog post


 ♥♥On my tv♥♥
Watching Stephanie Harlowe on Youtube, talking about the missing 5 year old Oakley Carlson.
Lost in Space Season 3 - Curt and I have been watching an episode each night.  We watched the first season, then didn't realize Season 2 and 3 were already up, so been binging it.  
Vlogmas on Youtube
Book vlogs on Youtube 
 
 

♥♥What I'm listening to♥♥
The show on Youtube.     
 
 
♥♥Something fun to share♥♥ 
I've mentioned before about the ASMR Ambience videos I enjoy listening to.  So today, I thought I would bring you one, which I am actually going to be playing throughout my day, as I got about my chores and cooking.  Hope you enjoy it! 

 

 

♥♥On the menu this week♥♥

Monday - Million Dollar Spaghetti, Salad
Tuesday - Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Macaroni and Cheese
Wednesday - Sausage Rice, Fried Okra 
Thursday - Homemade Pizza
Friday - Christmas Eve 
Sausage Rolls
Crab Dip and Chips
Bacon wrapped little smokies
Taco Ring
Cheeseburger Sliders
Ham
Potato Bake
Saturday -Leftovers
Sunday -

 
♥♥Looking around the house♥♥
I need to vacuum and dust.  Also want to carpet clean before Friday. 

♥♥In preparation for the holidays♥♥
I'm going to start on the Rissois today, want to try and make them all or at least as many as I can, so that I can freeze them, and then just fry them up on Friday afternoon. 

♥♥On my prayer list♥♥ 
* My sister in law Hayley, she had her lumpectomy surgery and is healing from that now.  
* My niece Tiffany, she is now almost 39 weeks, so can go at any time.  We've told her it would be best if Dalton arrived before Christmas and not on the actual day hahahah  


7 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm glad you're on the mend - horrible time of the year to be sick and Texas weather does certainly have a mind of its own making it that much harder. Enjoy the week and Christmas preparations. So hope Dalton doesn't arrive in the midst, but babies do have their own timing! I pray for a happy, safe delivery for Tiffany and keeping Hayley and her recovery in my prayers. Million dollar spaghetti has certainly piqued my interest?

Merry Christmas my friend - have a blessed week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Glad to hear you are feeling better. I'm the same way with patience. I'm dealing with a sprained ankle and it's frustrating wearing this heavy boot.

NJWoods said...

Thank you so much for linking the peaceful videos you find in your posts. The one today is wonderful! You've introduced me to several YouTube channels that I never would have known about. I hope you and your family have a merry Christmas and a peaceful new year.

Luludou said...

Glad you are on the mend. Have a Merry Christmas!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm glad you're feeling better dear Sandra! Don't worry about everything getting done. Get the rest you need too. As Momma's we want to do it all. But the real reason for the season will be celebrated, you're together with your family and that is all that really matters. 😊 ❤️ I hope you have a very blessed rest of your week and a wonderful Christmas!! xoxo

Jean said...

So glad you're feeling better. It's so hard to be sick during this time of year. Our weather is all over the place as well. Keeping your sister-in-law and niece in my prayers. Hope you have a wonderful week and a very happy Christmas!

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

May you continue to feel better and have a lovely Christmas and a great 2022. Love, hugs and prayers ~ FlowerLady