Monday, December 27, 2021

{ My Christmas gifts }

IMG_2208

Hello, Hello friends :)

My goodness, it has been a long time since I've come in to sit and chat with you.  It feels so good to open up my blogger, and start typing an actual post.  It's been far too long.  

I thought I would ease back into this blogging thing, by sharing my Christmas gifts with you.  It's not something I do very often, I don't why, I just feel awkward sharing what I received.  But, I got so many wonderful gifts this year, I always do, but this year was extra special for me.

My family knows me.  I think I am probably the easiest person to buy gifts for because I like so many things, from cooking to photography, God, writing, notebooks, bath products, beauty products, kitchen items and so on. 

This year, we bought for our immediate family, so husband/wife and children, and then we did a Secret Santa for the rest of the family.  It ends up being much cheaper that way.

So let me show you what I got.....
 
The new Sophie Kinsella book.  I used to be the biggest Sophie Kinsella fan and had all of her books, then for some reason, when we were moving from Idaho to Arizona and then back Idaho again, I had to get rid of many of my books, and stupidly got rid of hers.  I am hoping to get my collection back again.

IMG_2209

 
The Bridgerton Cookbook.  I wasn't expecting this one at all, my daughter surprised me.  There are so many wonderful recipes I want to try, I browsed through it quickly but can't wait to sit with it and look through each page.


IMG_2210

 
The New Morning Mercies Devotional by Paul David Tripp.  This one I had on my wishlist and my sweet husband made sure to get it for me.  I've been wanting it for quite a while and was very happy to see it under the tree.  


IMG_2211

My husband also got me some new highlighters and pens for my Bible.  The small pens have cute little sayings and quotes on them, which I thought was just the sweetest, and new magnetic bookmarks


IMG_2213

IMG_2214

From my husband as well, this one below I loved so much as well.  He knows that I am starting the Bible again in January and want to do a bible study, so he got me some supplies.  
 
A gorgeous pink soft leather covered notebook, a pouch for the notebook and an elastic pen and pencil holder that wraps around the notebook.  It is such a beautiful set, and I almost feel bad using them, but truthfully, I can't wait to get started.  I don't know about you all, but I've always loved stationery, pens and books and paper and such.

IMG_2215

IMG_2218

I also got these beautiful notebooks from my husband as well.  


IMG_2219

Got this selfie light from my daughter, which I'm sure will come very handy when I want to make some videos on instagram or take a selfie.  


IMG_2220

Another amazing gift from my husband.  So this is my all time favorite perfume.  I used it in South Africa all the time, and I remember that when we would travel to Portugal for vacation, that it was one of the items we could buy on board the airplane, from the duty free store they had.  

Since moving to the States back in 1999, I have had a hard time finding it, but my husband managed to find it and got me a bottle for Christmas.  I swear I sprayed some on, and was immediately transported back in time.  If you're wondering what it is, or if you can't see the name, because of the light reflection in the photograph, it is called Anais Anais from Cacherel.


IMG_2221

This next gift brought me to tears.  It is from my beautiful daughter.  If you don't know what it is, it is a Prayer Shawl or a Tallit in Hebrew.  She got me this gorgeous pink and gold Tallit, which comes in it's own protective pouch.  My word, what a beautiful gift.

IMG_2222

IMG_2223

IMG_2224

The Tallits are mentioned many times in the Bible, and traditionally they were worn by Jewish men during prayers time, but over the years many have taken on this tradition, and I know of female pastors who wear them during prayer.  

I am hoping to get into the habit of wearing mine during my time with the Lord, prayer or devotional.  
 
 
Also from our girl, I got a new set of my other favorite perfume, White Diamonds.  It's become a tradition that she or Curt get me a new bottle of White Diamonds every Christmas.  Love it!

IMG_2225

Jasmine also got me a echo dot, which I had wanted for a long time.  


IMG_2232

And a new ceramic flat iron which I needed badly, since my old one had broken.


IMG_2233

And now for my Secret Santa gift, which actually turned out to be from my SIL Hayley.  She knows me far too well, and got me literally everything I love and will use, right down to the gorgeous basket it came in.


IMG_2226

First, can we talk about this gorgeous nail polish?  Like, how well does she know me?  I love all colors, but without a doubt my go to colors are pinks, light pinks, nudes and so forth.  This one is such a beautiful shade of pink. 

IMG_2227

Then she got me Lavender and Chamomile Scented Body Wash and Foam Bath, Lavender and Coconut Oil Hand Cream, Sea Minerals Scrub that smells sooooooo good, I can't even describe it.  And a Fresh Bamboo candle which also smells out of this world.
 
Of course I don't need to tell you the Lavender scented products smell good, because by now I think each and every single one of you, know that Lavender is my favorite scent of all.


IMG_2228

I also got these super soft and comfy warm socks, and a bag of the cutest pink marshmallows.


IMG_2229

IMG_2230

In the basket was also a new Diffuser, in white and wood.  So pretty and I needed a new one for my bedroom, so this one is just perfect.  Again, she knows me so well.


IMG_2231

I also got a small water fountain for the bedroom as well, from my husband, but I forgot to take a photo.  I think you can kind of see it in the first pic on the post, on the bottom right.
 
So as you can see, a ton of meaningful and beautiful gifts, that I will use, and treasure for a long time.  I'm so thankful for my family.  We all had a wonderful Christmas, everyone received gifts they loved and appreciated, we ate yummy food, had good laughs and put behind us this crazy year we had to go through.

Would love to know if you got any special gifts this year, or any that you really weren't expecting.  Let's chat down below.

Have a wonderful rest of your Monday, I'll be back probably tomorrow with another post.  *fingers crossed*

6 comments:

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Oh what fun and wonderful gifts! I swear we are cut from the same cloth. Lol Any of those gifts could have been something a loved got me. 😊 That Tallit is gorgeous and so special. I think my Mom has one too. My Mom and step Dad are both Messianic - they practice Hebrew faith but believe in Jesus.
I love your plan for your journey with the bible. You have been such an inspiration to me my spiritual sister. I thank you for that. Happy New Year ahead!! xo

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

What wonderful gifts and so thoughtful. I have used New Morning Mercies for the past 2 years and will use it again this new year.Very good! And, I love the magnetic bookmarks. Wishing you a most blessed 2022!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Wonderful gifts. I would have loved any and all, but my favorites are the Tallit and the magnetic bookmarks. I haven't seen those before.
Happy New Year to you and your family. May it bring peace, joy, and many blessings.

Jean said...

Beautiful gifts. I loved seeing all the wonderful and thoughtful items your family gave to you. White Diamonds was my late mother-in-law's perfume as well so that made me smile to see it is one of your favorites. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Bev said...

What wonderful gifts!! I love the prayer shawl a few years back my husband and I began exploring the Jewishness of Jesus... it has been an exciting time! It has deepened my faith so much!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

What a lovely selection of gifts The notbook and supplies are perfect for bible study. Have a blessed week