Monday, October 31, 2022

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 10/31/2022 }

 
 
Good morning, and a very happy Monday.  I know today is Halloween, but I stopped giving it any consideration, years ago when I truly cemented my relationship with my Lord.  I can't in good conscience, as a Christian take part in anything to do with this day, so I claim it for the Lord.  
 
So, I have already gone out, and am back home, with a hot cup of coffee, my laptop open, and ready to get going with our post for today.  I am so glad that I was able to go and visit all the participants last week, I really enjoyed seeing everyone's posts.
 
Being that today is the last day of October, we are going full speed into the holiday planning.  I'm excited for Thanksgiving and Christmas, though we've decided this year there will be no gifts exchanged, things are tough, money is tight for everyone, so we will celebrate the day as simply as we can, keeping the focus on what really matters and what it is about.  
 
Anyway, let's get on with our post today, and see what is happening around our homes.
 
Have a wonderful, blessed week friends,
Sandra

 



♥♥ The Weather ♥♥
Cool temperatures, rain, crisp mornings and dew on the grass.  We are done with summer, for good, thank goodness.  We will see upper 70's this week, but I don't mind that.    

Monday - Sunshine and clouds, 76
Tuesday - Sunny, 78
Wednesday - Sunny, 78
Thursday - Cloudy and windy, 78
Friday - Thunderstorms, 75
Saturday - AM showers, 64  
Sunday - Sunny, 71



♥♥ As I look outside my window ♥♥
It is a bit cloudy but the sun is shining through the trees, and making the changing leaves look absolutely stunning.  There is dew on the grass, which always looks like diamonds sparkling.  It's one of my favorite things about Fall.
 


♥♥ Right now I am ♥♥
Just came to sit on my bed so that I can work on this post, while I watch a video on youtube.  I'm also enjoying my cup of coffee.   



♥♥ Thinking and pondering ♥♥

I've switched my brain to Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I have a mental list going of what I need to do, what I'm cooking and so forth.  Just need to get it all on paper. 

 

♥♥ How am I feeling ♥♥

Finally over that cold, although both Nick and I have lingering coughs and congestion.  I'm also thrilled that my blood work came back and everything is good.  Thank God. 
 


♥♥ On the breakfast plate ♥♥

Had a cup of coffee at 6am and just having a second one with my favorite, Peppermint Mocha Creamer.  Also just had toast with butter and liver spread.                 
 

♥♥ On the lunch plate ♥♥

Not sure, I won't eat lunch for a couple more hours, so will see what I feel like.  It will either be a salad, or I have no clue, really.  Hahahah     
 
 

♥♥ On the dinner plate ♥♥

Best chili Ever, Rice          

2013_04090053
 
 
 
♥♥ What I'm wearing ♥♥
Black leggings, dark grey tank top and a plaid black and white shirt over the tank.  Also have comfy soft socks on cause I'm cold.          
 


♥♥ On my reading pile ♥♥

My Bible.



♥♥ On my TV this week ♥♥

Star Trek Discover.....we are LOVING this one too. 
Homemaking, simple living, and quiet living vlogs
House of Dragons
The Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon Prime
The Serpent Queen
The Great British Bake Off 
All Creatures Great and Small
The Watcher on Netflix



♥♥ On the menu ♥♥
 
Monday - Best Chili Ever, Rice, Homemade rolls  
Tuesday - Million Dollar Gnocchi, Salad, Garlic Bread
Wednesday - Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli
Thursday -   Bifanas (pork sandwiches), Air Fried Potato Wedges
Friday - Copycat Uno's Pizza
Saturday - Breakfast for dinner (biscuits and gravy, hashbrown casserole)
Sunday - Onion and potato soup, grilled cheese sandwiches



♥♥ Looking around the house ♥♥

Need to carpet clean, with the rain we had this weekend, the going in and out of the house by Kaia, has caused some muddy prints.  I've cleaned them as I go, but want to give the carpet a good clean. 
   


♥♥ To Do List ♥♥

- Tidy up the house - carpet clean, fluff pillows, open curtains and windows
- Food prep for the week - wash veggies, wash and pack lettuce and spinach for salads, make garlic paste, wash grapes to be ready for eating
- Start Thanksgiving meal planning


 
♥♥ From the camera ♥♥
There is something so magical about Fall season and the light it creates on the world around it.  I always enjoy looking out every morning and seeing how everything looks, the grass, the trees. 
 

 

♥♥ Devotional ♥♥ 
From In Touch Ministries......
 
Life can hit us with the most unexpected and undesirable circumstances. When that happens, we might wonder, Does God really care about me? Here are three truths to remember:

1. Scripture tells us, “God is love” (1 John 4:8). This means His very nature is characterized by compassion and concern. Love originated with God, and He is the greatest example of how to express it. Together with the reality that God is holy, this means our Father is perfect in His love—He’ll never make a mistake in the way He cares for us. 

2. God loves us because He calls us His children. “To those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God,” writes John in his gospel (John 1:12 NIV). Sadly, for some who’ve had a difficult upbringing, this may not be encouraging news. But God is the perfect parent, and He loves us perfectly.

3. God gave the supreme demonstration of His love at the cross. God’s Son came to earth as an expression of His Father’s infinite love and sacrificially did for us what no one else could do. 

After considering these three facts about God’s love, how could we not expect Him to take care of even the smallest details of our life? Look for ways He is expressing His love to you, and remember Jesus’s own words on the subject: “Greater love has no one than this, that a person will lay down his life for his friends” (John 15:13).




8 comments:

Luludou said...

Beautiful Fall picture. Glad all the bloodwork is good and that the cold is gone. Have a great week

Julieann said...

Sandra!!! 🤍
Thank you so much for hosting this. I am enjoying it so much. I am finding new blogs and reconnecting with old friends. This is just wonderful The picture from your camera is just beautiful. It is the type of photo I would frame. I am in total Thanksgiving and Christmas mode too....lol. Your menu looks great and I love breakfast for dinner :)
I am so glad you feel better and your blood work came back great. If you are coughing at night, rub vic's on the bottom of your feet and put white socks on before bed. It helps. An old wives tale is to put a sliced onion on your feet, with white socks, that works too, but I think the vics is more modern...lol.
I hope this day is a happy one for you and I thank you for doing this
XO
Julieann

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so happy you're (and everyone) are feeling better! I'm right there with you with the holiday planning. For the first time ever we are going out for Thanksgiving since it will be just the 2 of us, but Christmas is in full swing here! I even started putting up my tree over the weekend! Quit laughing! It takes so long to put up the holiday decorations that I want to enjoy them for as long as I can! Have a WONDERFUL week my friend!

Jean said...

Glad you are feeling better! I'm slowly thinking on Thanksgiving and Christmas, need cooler weather for my brain to really switch focus though. Send us some of your rain, we still need it (you probably do as well?). Hope you have a wonderful week!

Schotzy said...

I so appreciate your decision to stop anything related to Oct. 31st.. We haven't done Halloween in years.. At first I was even a bit upset about our church doing trunk or treat, but the all around topic and decor revolves around reaching the world for Jesus. Our weekly menus always look so yummy. I just cannot plan lately!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely! I hope you and Nick can fully kick the crud. Matt has a cold right now too. Back to the that season I guess. Lol I'm getting excited for the holidays ahead and have been planning too! I hope you have a wonderfully blessed week ahead. xoxo

Theresa said...

I think it is interesting that you list paranormal shows you watch but then say you don't participate in Halloween. Seems odd.

Sandra said...

What shows did I list that are paranormal? The ones on the list are fantasy, and at least to me, there is a difference between watching a fantasy show just for entertainment, and actually participating in a day that I feel celebrates death and evil. I appreciate your opinion. Thank you for stopping by, hope you have a great day :)