Monday, June 26, 2023

{ Blog 365 #177 - Happy Homemaker Monday 06/26/2023 }

 
 
Good morning everyone, and a happy Monday.  
 
I'm running a bit late today, so going to get straight into the post.  Hope you all have a blessed week! ♥
 

♥♥ The Weather ♥♥ 
Summer came and I'm ready for it to leave.  Ugh!
 
Monday -  Sunshine, 101
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 108
Wednesday - Sunny, 113
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 106
Friday - Mostly Sunny, 103
Saturday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 96
Sunday - AM Thunderstorms, 93



♥♥  As I look outside my window ♥♥
The sun is shining, and it's already super hot.     
 
 
♥♥  Right now I am ♥♥ 
Sitting down to work on this post, video chatting with Jasmine and getting ready for my busy day.   
 
 
♥♥  Thinking and pondering ♥♥ 
Not really thinking or pondering on anything this morning.  That's a first.  Usually, my mind is racing with all these things.            


♥♥ Listening to ♥♥
The air conditioner, and my daughter on video chat.         

 
♥♥  How am I feeling ♥♥ 
So tired.  Had another night of no sleep, just tossing and turning.           
 
 
♥♥  On the breakfast plate ♥♥ 
Cup of coffee and a sandwich.              
 
 
♥♥   On the lunch plate ♥♥ 
Cobb Salad.      
 
 
♥♥  On the dinner plate ♥♥ 
Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake.  
 
 
♥♥  What I'm wearing  ♥♥ 
Still in my pj's, but changing soon.              

 
♥♥  On my reading pile ♥♥ 
My Bible and our study plans for church.
 
 
♥♥  On my TV this week  ♥♥ 
More of my Turkish shows. 
 

Üç Kız Kardeş

AlpArslan Buyuk Selcuklu - Turkish historical action drama series, depicts the political events and wars during Alp Arslan's rule as a Sultan of the Seljuk Empire.
Uyanis Buyuk Selcuklu  -    Turkish historical drama television series, focuses on the life of Malik-Shah I, and his son, Ahmad Sanjar.

 
 
♥♥  On the menu  ♥♥ 

Monday - Chicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake
Tuesday - Greek Moussaka, Broccoli and Cauliflower with Cheese Sauce
Wednesday -  Homemade Meatballs, Fries, SaladChicken Alfredo Ravioli Bake, Cheesy Garlic Bread  
Thursday - Baked Ricotta Chicken, Rice
Friday - Lulas de Caldeirada (Calamari Stew)
Saturday -Crockpot Tuscan Chicken, Egg Noodles
Sunday - Leftovers


♥♥  Looking around the house  ♥ 
We had my brother and his family over for dinner, on Saturday.  I still have my dining table extended with the leaves, so need to put that away.
 
Just need to do a little pick up and tidying and it will all be in order.                  
 
 
♥♥  To Do List ♥♥ 
- Happy Homemaker Monday post
-  Laundry 
- Put away table leaves
- Give Chickens frozen veggies
 
 
♥♥  Devotional, verse, thoughts  ♥♥ 
In Sunday School we talked about Esther and Mordecai, their relationship, and what Esther went through.  
We often get caught up in life around us, and worry so much about what others will think and say.  As Christians, we are under constant attack, and sometimes we get scared and feel under pressure to not make a stand.  We fear retaliation, or being shut out, or criticized, but Esther taught us that no matter what the circumstances, we have to stand up as Christians and not back down.  
 
Esther, with the help and support of her cousin Mordecai, did just that.  She was put in an impossible position, but still stood firm in her belief.  Her words "If I perish, I perish." are powerful.
 
Often we back down from God's way because we worry too much about our flesh and human life.  If we learn to stand by His word, and let Him take the reign, we will have a much easier way of life.
 
I only hope that I can be more like Esther.  It's something I  truly aspire to. 
 


11 comments:

Luludou said...

Looks like good family time over the weekend. Hoping Jasmine is adapting quickly to the new chapter of her life. Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

My SIL is into the Turkish shows recently and she's tried to get me hooked, but it's just not sticking with me right now. Your weather UGH! We've rescheduled our house hunting trip to the area for fall because the summer is just SOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH! Stay cool and have a GREAT week.

Jean said...

Wow, you've really got the heat there! Your menu sounds so good this week. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead and get some cooler temperatures and a bit of rest.

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I am sharing the Heat with you. I am ready for it too pass. Stay Cool 😎 and hydrate.

Mrs.T said...

Maybe the excessive heat is the reason you aren't thinking about much of anything. Heat and humidity always sap my mental energy.

Your menus sound yummy as always and I enjoyed your thoughts about Esther and Mordecai.

Joanna Unbehaun said...

Hello, friend! Your menu sounds amazing this week, I hope the temps cool down some for you!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Gal! I hope that it cools down soon. Geesh! I can't even imagine it being that hot for days on end. Stay cool in the pool. Lol ;) Love your powerful words and thoughts in your devotional. 💗 Blessings on your week ahead. xo

Elisha said...

I love your thoughts on being bold like Esther; something that has also been on my heart lately. When the culture around us seems to be getting darker we need to be out there shining God's light brighter; moving boldly forward not shrinking back.

Aritha Vermeulen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're feeling exhausted and had another sleepless night filled with tossing and turning. It can be incredibly challenging when sleep evades us, leaving us drained both physically and mentally. Remember to be gentle with yourself and prioritize self-care.

threesidesofcrazy said...

A couple people told me I accidentally linked last week's HHM this morning, so I also linked the correct one. Sorry about that.

A Runners Mom & More said...

Wow I'm Sweating just looking at your temps....