Monday, November 13, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/13/2023

 

 
Good morning everyone, welcome back to my blog and another Happy Homemaker Monday.  
 
I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  Mine was good, had a quiet Saturday and then church on Sunday, which is always wonderful.  We have finally found a church we really love and look forward to going to, every week.  There's nothing better than that.  

I pray that this coming week is a blessed one for everyone. 
 
 
 
*** The Weather ***
We have a week of pretty good temps, before dipping down to cold weather. 
 
Monday - Sunny, 71
Tuesday - Sunny, 71
Wednesday - Sunny, 72
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 75
Friday - Partly cloudy, 71
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 71
Sunday - AM showers, 74


*** Right now I am ***
Working on this post and listening to a video on Youtube.   
 

*** Thinking and pondering ***
Our Pastor is doing a series called The Crucible, in which is talks about the pressure we feel as Christians.  How to have faith during the toughest of seasons, and why God uses certain situations to mold us and shape us.  It's an amazing series, and I've learned a lot.     
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
A bit tired, I'm still struggling with the time change.  I don't know why this year has been so hard to settle into it.  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate ***
Just a cup of coffee so far.  Will either have some toast or Weetabix later.   
 
 
*** On the lunch plate ***
Not sure, I have leftover Swedish Meatballs from dinner, but don't really feel like it. 
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Costeletas de Cebolada (Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce), Mashed Potatoes, Cucumber, tomato and chickpea salad.   
 



*** On the menu ***
 
Monday - Pork Chops in Tomato Sauce, Mashed Potatoes, Cucumber, tomato and chickpea salad.   
Tuesday - Kielbasa with Potatoes, Roasted Cauliflower
Thursday - Creamy Taco Pasta, Garlic Bread, Salad
Saturday - *Fend for yourself*
 
 
*** What I am wearing ***
In my pajamas, long pajama pants and a tank top.  Will probably throw on some baggy cotton overalls.     
 
 
*** On my reading pile ***
Bible, will be finishing Acts.
Jonathan Cahn's The Return of the Gods
Francine River's, A Lineage of Grace.


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs
Turkish shows - Bambaska Biri, Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
 

*** Looking around the house ***
I love my home all year long, but Autumn and Winter have a special place in my heart.  I feel like the house looks homier, cozier, more inviting.  
 

*** To do list ***
Dishes
Iron a pile of clean clothes
Take out meat for dinner
 

*** From the camera ***
I love looking out my bedroom window, and seeing the changing trees.  I'm always amazed at the beautiful colors, how a tree goes from bright green to all hues of yellows and oranges.  🍂    

IMG_5429


*** Something to share ***
You know how much I love the ambience videos on Youtube.  I just put one on the telly and get on with my day.  Thought I would share another for you, a cozy fireplace for Autumn.  Enjoy!
 
 
 
 
 
*** Thanksgiving Tips, DIY, Ideas or recipes ***
Every year, I put up a Thanksgiving/Autumn tree.  This year I am going to have a basket with some printed leaves, that everyone can write something they're thankful for, and hang on the tree.

IMG_5385



*** Devotional, Bible Verses ***
There were so many wonderful scriptures and quotes from our Pastor about Faith in the Furnace.  One that stuck out to me, was 1 Corinthians 11:32.   It says "But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world."
 
We often think that God would never allow us to go through a trial, that He just loves us too much to ever allow that.  The truth is that He does let us go through some pressure at times, because it's through that squeezing and pressure, that He is able to make us more like Jesus.
 
The Pastor mentioned a quote from Joni Eareckson-Tada, if you don't know who she is, go look her up, it will uplift you like nothing else.  Where she said that she was once told 10 very important words.  And this was after she became paralyzed at 17 years old, due to a diving accident.
 
God permits what He hates, to accomplish what He loves.
 
I'll leave you with that, let it really sink in.  What a powerful statement!!! 


12 comments:

A Runners Mom & More said...

I love the changing of the leaves as well, but looking forward to snow on the ground even if it's just a little bit.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

The video will not play. Says disabled or something. Have a great week. Mine is starting out not so good with another leak under my kitchen sink. Hoping it's just another gasket to replace.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Too bad the video has been disabled, sounded perfect for our foggy gray day as I'm about to bake all day. Have a wonderful week my friend.

Carol said...

Glad you've found a church you feel connected to! It makes such a difference. Wish you a great week.

Jean said...

Your autumn tree is so pretty. Makes me want to do more decorating. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Mrs.T said...

Autumn is my favorite! I am so happy for you that you've found a church you love. Glad I could join in with your party this week. The thoughts on trials are so true.

Luludou said...

I like your tree and the idea of writing what you are Thankful for is just the best. Have a great week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello dear Friend! I'm so happy you found your church and spiritual family there. :) And I'm with you enjoying these seasons the best in our cozy homes! Love your leaf idea for Thanksgiving! Blessing on your week ahead. 🍂 🧡

Aritha V. said...

Hi Sandra,

Thank you for hosting the party again. I love it so much. What a nice window - tree photo. The statement is "prachtig".

Lieve groet uit Nederland,
Aritha

Schotzy said...

Bummer . It was 15 that didn’t work. Now I have no post up on your page.

Sherry Jolly said...

Hi Sandra! I am in love with that quote. I am adding it to my Bible TONIGHT. (I will forget if I don't! hahahaha) I think I love my house most of all in winter when the outside is covered in snow, the Christmas tree lights are twinkling, I have a cup of hot tea and a cozy book. I'm going to be putting up my tree early this year, hopefully this weekend. Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!

Debbie said...

What a cozy post :) I see you're reading Francine Rivers! She's one of my favorites. I love all of her books.

Have a wonderful week. Stay cozy :)