Saturday, November 11, 2023

Grocery shopping Day

IMG_5429

“Anyone who thinks fallen leaves are dead has never watched them dancing on a windy day.”- Shira Tamir

We have reached that part of Autumn, where the trees are all but orange and yellow.  The most beautiful shades, intermingled throughout the leaves.  I love nothing more than looking outside my window, and seeing the changing trees on our property.

It's these little details that often go overlooked during our day.  We are busy, we have this and that to do, and not much time to actually look out the window, or to enjoy the displays nature puts out for us.  But I want to ask you to stop reading, right now, and just take a look out your window.

Let that visual sink in, absorb it, take into your soul.  I bet it will lift your spirits and bring a smile to your face, all day long.

IMG_5392

IMG_5398

 
Just look at that!!!  How can that not make you smile?

It was just the uplifting I needed, before getting groceries.  Hahaha  If you know, you know!  

I mean, if not for the insane high prices themselves, but the fact that once we bring it all home, we have to put it away.  Is it just me or does it seem to take hours to get groceries put up?  It's not like we don't know where they go, but for some reason the action of taking it all out of the bags, and placing them where they belong, just drags.
 

IMG_5390

IMG_5394

IMG_5395

IMG_5399

IMG_5407


My morning started pretty slowly.  While the fur babies slept on the bed, I sipped my coffee, finished my grocery and menu plan, and paid some bills.
 
The rain had started outside, and while I love rain, I don't care to drive in it, so I tried to be as quick as I could to get out the door, and back home.  Thankfully it didn't take me too long.  However, bringing in groceries in the rain, is not fun, I'll tell you that much. 
 

IMG_5408

Hair flying all over the place, hands filled with bags, and the face of "let this end, please."
 
It did take me 2 hours to get it all sorted, I think also because I tend to clean as I go.  So I clean my fridge when I get groceries, which now come to think of it, is why it takes so long.  But, I don't like putting in fresh food in a fridge that needs some wiping down, maybe I'm just weird.
 

IMG_5418

IMG_5422

IMG_5424


Can we talk about turkeys real quick?  Thankfully we had a turkey already in the freezer, but my hubby went to the commissary on Thursday, and they only had one turkey, for the wonderful price of $66.  No, you didn't read that wrong.  He sent me a picture of the price and I sarcastically replied with "Oh wow, that's a great price."  Hahahah

He told me after he thought I was being serious but couldn't bring himself to buy it, and I told him that's a good thing.  I don't think I could eat a $66 turkey.  Good grief!!!  

He did find one at Walmart for $11.  *whew*


IMG_5427

IMG_5428

 
The rest of the afternoon, I spent cleaning around the house, and in the kitchen.  My Nicholas loves these muffins and is always asking me to make them.  He actually told me a few days ago, that the reason he doesn't eat bananas when I buy them, is because he is waiting for them to become too ripe, because then I have to make the muffins.

Little bugger, or rather, BIG bugger at 6 foot 2.
 

IMG_5436

 
I will have the recipe up on the blog, either this afternoon or tomorrow.  I did add two recipes yesterday, for the Oven Kibbeh (which is already here on the main blog), and the Chocolate Yogurt Cake.

I'm slowly getting the food blog updated, thankfully.  I have far too many handwritten recipes laying around, that need to be put in a safer place.

Today, I am dealing with the constant mountain of laundry, I also have a pile I need to iron so I might put on a movie and get that done.

I hope you're all having a fantastic Saturday, and thank you as always for stopping by. 

3 comments:

Aritha V. said...

What an amazing Saturday post, Sandra. Honestly, it slowed me down, and that's good for the soul. I enjoyed looking at your photos. Have a great Saturday and Sunday!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Cleaning my fridge out is on my to-do list for next week. It's a hot mess for sure. Off that subject, did you get your blog printed to a book? I have been writing mine for 15 years, and wondered if it is expensive to have it printed into a book, and what service did you use to have that done. Thanks.

Debbie said...

I had to giggle at this because Wednesday, after I came home and unloaded a ton of groceries, I put all the cold stuff away and left the other stuff on the table for hours. I was doing a catch up shopping trip, so I had a big load of groceries and when you add driving time, shopping time, unloading time and the fact that I'm starving...the groceries sat there for hours before I finally got up and put them away.

I clean my fridge and my pantry before restocking, and that adds to the all-day-grocery thing. But don't you just love to look in the fridge and pantry afterwards? Everything looks clean and organized :)

And those muffins look delicious :)