Monday, November 27, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/27/2023


 
Good morning ladies, from a very cold Texas.  I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend, ate all the yummy food, and are now ready for Christmas just around the corner.
 
I must say, I can't believe how quickly this Thanksgiving came and went.  In previous years I felt like I prepared and looked forward to it, for much longer, this year however, it was upon us before I could even say Hello November.
 
I'm sure you also noticed that my posts slowed down again, we just had a lot of family and visits the past two weeks, which kept me busy and off the computer.  This time of year is always like this though.
 
Right, without further ado, let's get going.  Since we've done with Thanksgiving, our holiday category will be switching to Christmas inspired tips.  
 
Have a blessed weekend my friends!
♥♥♥♥♥♥ 
 
 
 
*** The Weather ***
Cold, like 20 degree cold.  We went from 80s to 20s overnight.  Texas is just crazy, that's all I can deduce of this. However, this week, it seems we'll be staying in the 60s.
 
Monday - Sunny to partly cloudy, 54
Tuesday - Sunny, 62
Wednesday - Mostly cloudy, 63
Thursday - Scattered Thunderstorms, 66
Friday - Partly cloudy, 54
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 62
Sunday - Sunny, 65


*** Right now I am ***
Watching a vlog on the TV and working on this post.    
 

*** Thinking and pondering ***
About what I need to do this week.  I actually need to make my yearly appointment, because I was due to go in October, but we had not OB/GYN on base, they were waiting for a new doctor to arrive.        
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Cold right now and sleepy.  Curt has a bit of cold, so he spent all night snoring more than usual, which kept me awake, but nothing some extra coffee won't cure.   
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate ***
I've had a huge cup of coffee, will have another later and some toast, with eggs.     
 
 
*** On the lunch plate ***
No clue, maybe leftover spaghettiI have no idea, not sure what I'll feel like and I don't have leftovers either.   
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Stuffed Sausages, Buttered Rice and Steamed Broccoli    
 

*** On the menu ***
 
Monday - Stuffed Sausages, Buttered Rice and Steamed Broccoli   
Tuesday - Beef Casserole with Potatoes, Salad
Wednesday - Torta de Galinha (Chicken Pie), Sweet and Spicy Greens
Thursday - Butter Chili Crisp Garlic Pasta, Garlic bread, Salad
Friday - Oklahoma Fried Onion Burgers, Fries
Saturday - Leftovers or sandwiches
Sunday - Beef Curry and Rice
 
 
*** What I am wearing ***
Winter pajamas       
 
 
*** On my reading pile ***
Starting the book of Ezra today.
Jonathan Cahn's The Return of the Gods
Francine River's, A Lineage of Grace.


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs
Turkish shows - Bambaska Biri, Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
 

*** Looking around the house ***
I'm pulling down the Fall decorations and starting to put up Christmas decor.  There are a few boxes that I pulled from storage waiting to be emptied.    
 

*** To do list ***
Christmas decorations
Call base to make appointment
Iron a pile of clean laundry
Usual homemaking
 

*** From the camera ***
Got a few books from Thrift Book, last week.  It's some that were on my wish list and had good prices.  If you haven't yet checked out Thrift Book, you should, you can get second hand books at really good quality, for a fraction of the retail price.  
 
I picked up Spindle's End, Marilla of Green Gables and The Autobiography of Henry VIII.
 
 
Spindle's End by Robin McKinley
Much like in the original story, the infant princess, here named Rosie, is cursed by an evil fairy to die on her 21st birthday by pricking her finger on a spindle. That same day, Rosie is whisked away into hiding by a peasant fairy who raises her and conceals her royal identity.     


Marilla of Green Gables by Sarah McCoy
An opinionated spinster, Aunt Izzy's talent as a seamstress has allowed her to build a thriving business and make her own way in the world. Emboldened by her aunt, Marilla dares to venture beyond the safety of Green Gables and discovers new friends and new opportunities.
 
 
The Autobiography of Henry VIII by Margaret George
The Autobiography of Henry VIII is the magnificent historical novel that established Margaret George's career. Evocatively written in the first person as Henry VIII's private journals, the novel was the product of fifteen years of meticulous research and five handwritten drafts.





*** Something to share ***
Today I'm bringing you 4 hours of the best old Christmas songs.  Just pop it on, and get going with your Christmas decorations. 

 
 
 
*** Christmas Tips, DIY, Ideas or recipes ***
With things so expensive as they are at the moment, our family has decided to do a White Elephant exchange, and only purchase gifts for the littles in the family, which is my niece's kids.  Eva is 5 and Dalton will be 2 on the 31st of December.  
 
We used to buy for everyone, but when you have a family of 10 and constantly expanding with boyfriends and girlfriends etc., it can start adding up quickly.   So, this is how our family has decided to do Christmas this year, we will each by a gift with a total of $20, and do a White Elephant exchange instead.


*** Devotional, Bible Verses ***
This year, I'll be doing an Advent Devotional, starting on the 1st of December.  I'm using Kate Bowler's Advent, which is free for everyone, so if you want to join in, go on over to her website.   You can sign up to either read it online, or download it as a .PDF file and go at your own pace.  
 

 


7 comments:

Aritha V. said...

Thank you for organizing this link party again, Sandra. I accidentally entered my name incorrectly. Could you please delete number 1? By the way, I enjoyed reading your blog. And coffee is always good :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

It super cold here too! I'm still sad about the year we lost our norfolk pine that we'd had since a "baby" when the Texas weather did one of those famous drops from 80 to 20 degrees. Hope Curt's cold gets better and no one else gets sick from that weather!

We tried the white elephant game with hubby's family for awhile. We eventually changed out to a "desirable" gift of under $50 that anyone would love and could use - things like a cooler with steaks and BBQ sauce, or a bottle of favorite alcohol with glasses or mixers, a tin of cookies from a favorite local baker...etc... the game became even more competitive and fun as everyone was trying to steal each other's draws. We had so much fun trying to guess what was under the oddly wrapped gifts.

Have a great week - love the Christmas music - enjoy it while decorating.

Jean said...

It's freezing here as well, we even had snow over the weekend! I'm really hoping that Christmas doesn't go as fast as everything else this year. The white elephant gift exchange sounds like a super fun idea. Hope you have a wonderful week!

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

I only buy for my sister a birthday and Christmas gift together. And my son who is getting clothes and electronics. Can't believe it's that time of the year again.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Lovely!
I know what you mean by November seemed to go by in a blink. I think the white elephant exchange is even more fun than traditional gifts! Especially if you throw in a few extra little "funny" ones. :) And I love the oldies like that and playing youtube channels while I decorate too! Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

Sherry Jolly said...

I decided to go blogmas this year and I have already pre-written some of the posts. One of them is about advent studies and I listed the one that you are doing! I had never seen it before but I looked at it and it seemed very nice to I added it. Then I came to your post and you said you are doing it! So now I know it is good! Have a wonderful week!

abasozora said...

happy all the time