Monday, November 06, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday - 11/06/2023

 

 
Good morning sweet ladies, and a very Happy Monday to you all.
 
November 6th. How, how is it already November 6th and just a few days away from Thanksgiving? I won't say I'm not looking forward to all the yummy food, but it's too soon, is it not? 
 
Then again, the year we've had, and especially the month of October the world has seen, it may be best to go ahead and end this year, and try again.  Goodness!!!
 
We had freezing temperatures last week, and this week we are back to summer.  If I could roll my eyes any harder, they would probably get stuck in the back of my head. Ridiculous!!
 
Let's just look at this week as a blank new sheet, let's do good, let's smile more, let's spread happiness and goodness and make this week a positive one.
 
I am going to be blogging probably every day, I've been really enjoying take pictures again, sharing posts, and I am very much looking forward to continuing.
 
Anyway, enough blabbing, let's get going.
 
Have a blessed week friends! 
 
 
*** The Weather ***
It's a little confused.  I don't think it knows if it wants to be cold or hot.  We had ice on the grass one morning, then fog the next, and now we are heading into high 80s.  It's crazy!
 
Monday - Sunny, 86
Tuesday - Sunny, 90
Wednesday - Mostly Sunny, 86
Thursday - Rain and wind,58
Friday - Partly cloudy, 62
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 61
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 67


*** Right now I am ***
Sitting in bed, typing up this post and listening to a podcast. 
 

*** Thinking and pondering ***
About Thanksgiving.  I need to write up the menu and then send it to my sister in law, so we can figure out who is making what.   
 

*** How I am feeling ***
Tired, the time change always makes me a bit cranky.  I was actually up at 4:20am yesterday, let the chickens out, thinking it was 5:20am.  hahahah
 

*** On the breakfast plate ***
Cup of coffee, for sure, then I think some Weetabix, that's what I'm craving. 
 
 

*** On the lunch plate ***
I made some Brazilian hotdogs for dinner last night, and there's still some leftovers, so I'll have that.  I need to take a picture as well so that I can share the recipe on the food blog.  
 

*** On the dinner plate ***
Kibbeh, Mashed Potatoes, Salad. 
 

*** On the menu ***
Will start working on the new menu today, but this is what we'll be having over the next few days. 
 
Monday - Kibbeh, Mashed Potatoes Salad
Tuesday - Beer Battered Fish Fillets, Curried Rice, Mixed Veggies
Wednesday - Bacon and Broccoli Creamy Pasta, Garlic Bread
Thursday - Ikea Style Meatballs, Rice, Salad
Friday -
Saturday -
Sunday -
 
 
 
*** What I am wearing ***
Still in my nightgown.  I had to switch from winter pajamas to a nightgown last night, because it was so hot.  I'll throw on some drawstring casual pants later, and a tshirt.   
 

*** On my reading pile ***
Bible, will be finishing Acts.
Jonathan Cahn's The Return of the Gods
Francine River's, A Lineage of Grace.
 




*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs, Expedition Bible
Turkish shows - Bambaska Biri, Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
Rumble - Christian podcasts
 

*** Looking around the house ***
We had family over for dinner last night, and after everyone left, I just picked up the bulk of things, but left the dishes in the sink and the table needing to be put back in order.   
 

*** To do list ***
Dishes
Clean and tidy dining room
Fold laundry in dryer and put away laundry in the basket
Take out meat for dinner
Start Thanksgiving Menu
Start menu plan and grocery list
 

*** From the camera ***
I'm loving my dining room, it is cozy and inviting and makes me want to just sit for hours, with a good book.    




*** Something to share ***
The Winter King Period series.  I have been waiting on this one for so long, and it's finally here.  I don't know if any of you are watching, but it's a good one.
 
It is based on Bernard Cornwell's book:
 
The tale begins in Dark Age Britain, a land where Arthur has been banished and Merlin has disappeared, where a child-king sits unprotected on the throne, where religion vies with magic for the souls of the people. It is to this desperate land that Arthur returns, a man at once utterly human and truly heroic: a man of honor, loyalty, and amazing valor; a man who loves Guinevere more passionately than he should; a man whose life is at once tragic and triumphant. 

 
 You can watch the first and second episode, for free on Amazon Prime, then the rest on MGM+.  Here's the trailer if you're interested.

 
 
 
*** Thanksgiving Tips, DIY, Ideas or recipes ***
I thought I would add this category in for the month of November and up until Thanksgiving week.  Then will switch to a Christmas themed one.  We're all looking for cute ideas, tricks, yummy recipes and so on, to make our holidays that much more special.

And it gives us a new category to look forward to on our Happy Homemaker Monday.  I hope you enjoy it.

For mine today, I decided to share a fun recipe for an appetizer.  I will actually be making it myself this year.  A pumpkin shaped cheese ball.  Yum!!!  

The recipe is from A Country Cook, so head on over there to see how to make this yummy appetizer, that will definitely dazzle your guests.





*** Devotional, Bible Verses ***
For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring.  - Isaiah 44:3

7 comments:

Luludou said...

Thanks for the recipe. My post is already up but I'll go edit it to add one even though are Canadian Thanksgiving is something of the past.
Have a great week

Aritha V. said...

Thank you for hosting the link party again. Nice! No, I have never seen this movie. I'm curious to know how it is. I wish you a peaceful week

threesidesofcrazy said...

I'm so sorry you're seeing a return of the heat - this weather is just plain strange lately. Fortunately for us, we're in a typical Pacific North West pattern and can depend on the cold and rain. The thunderstorms have been a bit odd, but nice also.

Your dining room would be calling me to curl up with a good book also, especially since the time change affects me also and I'm always up early. I wonder why it affects women more than men?

Have a blessed week my friend.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

I have not even thought about Thanksgiving. I will go back and try and post something. Have a great week.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love this whole post dear Friend! All things cozy and good shows (need to check out Winter King) and thanksgiving and planning. :) I hope you get more of those cozy rainy days! No more summer allowed! Lol Blessings on your week ahead. xo

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Thanks for posting. The time is flying away. We don't do much for Thanksgiving so I am planning something simple this year. Our temp are the same.

Jean said...

I love the new category, already had my post up but I'll definitely add it in for next week. Seems like time is moving faster than ever, we're not even sure what our Thanksgiving plans are yet, hoping we figure it out before Thanksgiving arrives! Hope you have a wonderful week!