Monday, January 01, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/01/2024

 

 
Good morning my friends, and welcome 2024!
 
For some reason I am finding it easier to type 2024 than any other year previous.  I used to take at least a month to get into the new year, but not seeing that this time.  Hahaha
 
Anyway, I hope you all had a wonderful New Years Eve.  We, as always, did not celebrate or do anything.  It was a normal day like any other, ending in me falling asleep at 9:30pm.  I'm such a partier aren't I?  
 
As we start 2024, I want to wish you all a blessed year ahead.  I pray that God blesses you immensely, that He guides your step, that you are filled with love and peace and above all health.  Let's make this year the best one yet, shall we?
 
Just like the beginning of 2023, I am going to once again try to post more, maybe try another 365, but without actually telling myself it's a 365.  My brain tends to rebel when it is given a timeline or specific job LOL  Anyone else like that?
 
So, I don't make resolutions, but I do want to do a few things more this year.  Embrace my age, I am turning 50 in August and overnight, it feels like I am showing it.  I want to live more, be better, have more joy, my happiness, share my life, get back to basics here on the blog, share more recipes, encourage more younger women to enjoy being homemakers and loving their home.  But above all, I want to be led by Christ in every thing that I do.
 
What are your goals or determinations for 2024?
 
Once again, Happy New Year my lovely fellow bloggers.  Let's start it right with our Happy Homemaker Monday.  Let's get on with our last Happy Homemaker Monday of  2023. 
 



*** The Weather ***
A bit cold, the mornings have been in the low 20s, and the highs hanging around 50s.  I doubt we will see warmth again, at least for the next 3 months.  

Monday - Cloudy, 43
Tuesday - Cloudy, 51
Wednesday - Sunny, 54
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 50
Friday - Showers, 50
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 53
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 59
 
 
*** Right now I am ***
In bed, under the warm covers because it's a bit chilly.  I have Kaia and Elliott asleep under their own blankets, next to me.  I am also watching a grocery haul from Portugal on Youtube as I type up this post. .  
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
About the new year and what is ahead.  I used to really stress and feel anxious, not knowing what was coming, but I stopped that, and this year I am just going into it knowing that God is in control.  Whatever happens is meant to happen and no amount of worrying will change it.   
 
 
*** How I am feeling *** 
I'm doing good.  My brother in law is currently sick, he has been sick for 3 days, but he is the only one in the house.  Neither I, nor my husband or son have gotten sick.  Weird!   
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I had a bowl of banana nut crunch cereal, and a cup of coffee.  
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
I made a pot of Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana for dinner, and there is a lot leftover, so that's what I'll be having for lunch.  

 
*** On the dinner plate *** 
Sardine Fish Cakes, Tomato Rice and Salad


*** On the menu ***  
 
Monday - Sardine Fish Cakes, Tomato Rice and Salad 
Tuesday - Chicken with Carrots in a tomato sauce, mashed potatoes, sauteed zucchini 
Wednesday - Amish Hamburger Steak, Egg Noodles
Thursday - * New menu kicks in *
Friday
Saturday -
Sunday -

 
*** What I am wearing *** 
I would give you 3 guesses, but you would probably get it right the first time....yes, my winter pajamas.  
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Jonathan Cahn's The Return of the Gods.  
 
 
*** On my TV this week ***  
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs,
Turkish shows - Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
Netflix - Barbarians



*** Looking around the house *** 
I need to water my plants, and also need to carpet clean the dining room and living room.  They are the high traffic areas, so always needing a spot clean.   
 
 
*** To do list ***
Carpet clean
Water plants
Laundry
Get ready for the week, everyone is back at work tomorrow
Write up new meal plan and grocery list
 
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
I have really been enjoying my incense burners lately, just find that they are the best at making a whole room smell wonderful.  
 


*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Dear God, help us to be grateful in all situations. Show us how to speak light and goodness into our lives and the lives of those around us. Amen.
 


12 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

I too don't make resolutions per se, but I also want to do more this year. I LOVE your idea of embracing my age... living more, being better, having more joy, happiness, sharing your life, getting back to basics and being led by Christ in EVERYTHING because it sound like the perfect attitude for a GREAT 2024. Happy New Year my friend and like you said, may it be our best one yet! We even get and extra day to make it that way!

Jean said...

Happy New Year! Yes, a complete rebel over here...tell me to do something and even if I wanted to do it, I won't want to do it anymore. Ha! No resolutions over here, just a word if I can ever decide on one and maybe some things I'd like to focus on. Hope you have a wonderful first week of this new year!

Stacy said...

Happy new Year! I'm with you on wanting to get 'back to basics' on blogging. I've struggled so much with it over the last few years, but I have learned that it comes with unrealistic expectations, and forgetting how much I just loved being a blogger. I'm so glad you're more consistent than I have been and are still hosting this, its my favorite linkup!
Praying you have a wonderful New year,and I'm looking forward to following this year!

Schotzy said...

Happy New Year, and I am with you regarding how to march boldly into this new year. Even with the sound of many voices yelling dooms day threats , heralding storm after storm around us, yet, we who really know the Lord , know that it truly is He , who is in control. And we remember his Word, regarding His love, His watch care, His plans to bring us through whatever befalls us, so we can be glad. We are that much closer to that great and glorious day of His coming, and in His power spend our time dwelling in his presence, His Word and finding ways to share Him with those who need Him most, who need help, love, and mercy. Have a wonderful week and God bless you!

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Happy New Year!

@irina_sweet_home said...

Happy new Year!

Carol said...

Happy New Year and I hope to join back in this link party next week.

Sherry Jolly said...

Hi Sandra,

You just reminded me that I desperately need to water my plants before I go to sleep tonight! So, thank you for that. I have a lot of goals for this year, the biggest being publishing at least one of my books! I also want to continue doing the Bible reading plan I'm doing now and finish reading through the Bible and follow along with HB Ministries' studies as well. Be more consistent with my a.m. and p.m. routines. Read more. Make some Christian friends - almost all of my friends I've had for about 30 years - and they were made before I was saved. ANYWHO - I'm rambling. Happy New Year! God bless you and your family!

Mrs.T said...

You are so right ... no sense in worrying over what we can't control. God has a plan and can do it so much better than we can. We'll head into the unknown trusting Him.

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I agree, I stopped resolutions a long time ago. And, Hubby and I have not seen a new year in in probably 20+ years and the new year comes right on in without us. Funny thing! I chuckled at your 50th b'day is this year. Oh, to be 50 again! I hit 71 this past July and know that 3/4 of my life is behind me. A most sobering thought. I want to make each and every day count for HIM and be a difference maker in the years I have left. Blessings abundant in 2024!

Aritha V. said...

Happy New Year, Sandra. I don't make resolutions ♥

Luludou said...

Happy New Year! Lots of health and happiness