Monday, January 29, 2024

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 01/29/2024 }

 

Good morning everyone, hope you've had a wonderful weekend.  Are you ready for a whole new week ahead?   
 
We had a productive weekend.  We've been wanting (mainly me lol), to pull carpet in different areas of the house and replace it with laminate flooring.  I just don't like carpet in the whole house, especially in high traffic areas.  So, yesterday we finally started with the hallway.  We kind of suspected that there was some sort of damage on the sub floor, because there was a specific spot in the middle of the hallway, that no matter how much we carpet cleaned, it would always dry into a dark brown stain.  
 
Just as we suspected, when we pulled back the carpet, there was a stain on the sub floor itself.  I think we got to it in time or we would have had some major issues there.
 
We got it all sorted, bought the flooring, and will install it this weekend.  I'll show you a post on it later this week, I already took pictures of the before and will show the after.  I'm so excited.
 
Anyway, that's for another post, I've babbled enough in this introduction.  Let's just get going with our Happy Homemaker Monday.
 
Have a blessed week.    
 
 
 
 *** The Weather *** 
Very cold mornings with frost covered grass, but this week we are having pretty nice temperatures.   
 
Monday - Sunny, 69
Tuesday - Sunny, 69
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 68
Thursday - Sunny, 68
Friday- Thunderstorms, 68
Saturday - Thunderstorms, 62
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 54
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Just saw hubby off to work, and have come back to sit on my bed to work on this post.  As always my fur babies are snuggled under the blankets and napping, and I have the Portuguese tv channel on with the local news.    
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
Now that we started the renovation in the hallways, there are a couple of other things we want to change in the house.  I am thinking about what needs to be done, so I must make a list either today or sometime this week. 
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm feeling really good.  I'm down 7 pounds and have a lot more energy, I've also been sleeping very well the past week.  Amazing what a change in eating habits can do.    
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
As always, I've had my coffee, and I'll have some oatmeal later this morning.   
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Spicy Chicken Salad (spinach and lettuce, spicy chicken pattie)
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Sausage Stuffed Zucchini and Eggplant Boats.  I'll make a salad to go with it.    
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
Need to start the new meal plan today, so I have meals until Wednesday shopping. 
 
Monday
Breakfast - Instant Pot Creamy Oatmeal with blueberries
Lunch - Spicy Chicken Salad (spinach and lettuce, spicy chicken pattie)
Dinner - Sausage Stuffed Zucchini and Eggplant Boats, salad  
Tuesday 
Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with spinach and tomato
Lunch - Wholewheat Toast with half an avocado, Greek yogurt
Dinner - Beef Fajitas, Brown Mexican Rice, Sauteed Squash  
Wednesday 
Breakfast - Paleo Pumpkin Waffles
Lunch - Leftover Squash with Salmon
Dinner - Chicken Stew, Biscuits, Brussel Sprouts Salad 
Thursday 
Breakfast - Instant Pot Creamy Oatmeal with Blueberries
Lunch - Leftover Brussel Sprouts Salad with Tuna
Dinner -
 
 
*** What I am wearing *** 
Black Romper Jumpsuit and a Cardigan
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
The Tale of Hilltop Farm by Susan Wittig Albert 
Secrets of a Hutterite Kitchen by Mary-Ann Kirkby


 
*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs  
Turkish shows - Hudutsuz Sevda  
Netflix - The Pacific
Period dramas
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
A bit of a tip at the moment, since we're currently renovating the hallway.  I need to give it a tidy and organize a little, just kind of move all the project items to the corner in the hallway, and just clean the living room carpet and dust.   
 
 
 *** To do list *** 
Wash the kitchen floor
Vacuum the bedrooms and living spaces
Start meal plan
Pay bills  
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
I have been happily snapping away the past couple days, so I have a quite a few new photos for blog posts.  
 
When Curt and I went out on Saturday to run errands, we also went by Walmart for some things I was needing grocery wise.  However, I also picked up 4 herbs to bring home, they were only $2.98 and they will be perfect on my kitchen window shelf.  I got Basil, Rosemary, Mint and Cilantro.
 
 
 
 *** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Worshiping the creation is never a pathway to life;  it leads you in the opposite direction.  Today you will give your life to something.  Will it be the Creator, whose grace alone can satisfy and transform your heart, or the creation, which was designed to do neither?
- New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp -


10 comments:

Jodi said...

Renovations are oh so much fun. Have fun with those. We are still in process of potentially doing our kitchen, still working on some details. And now I want fajitas. Have a great Monday!!

Katerinas Blog said...


The renovations are really refreshing. I love warm floors!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

I'm glad you caught the floor issue in time! And congrats on the weight loss and improved health!! That's awesome! 🤩
Love that you got some herbs. Makes me dream on Spring. sigh.
Have a blessed week. xo

Luludou said...

Congrats on the weight loss but more on the good health that goes with it. You'll love having laminate floors instead of the carpets! especially with animals coming in and out of the house. Have a great week

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Sandra, we've been working on a main hallway that has access to the outside and two rooms inside and a garage. It's been a lot of work, but we are gaining. Fun fun fun!

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Secrets of a Hutterite Kitchen sounds so interesting. You will have to let us know what you think. We just pulled out the carpet upstairs and put in flooring - it is quite the job but so worth it. A blessed week to you.

threesidesofcrazy said...

So glad you're feeling better. A diet change is hard to do, but can be so satisfying in the end. Be careful :D one project easily dominoes into 20 when renovating an older house. That said, I know you've been wanting to get some things done for a while now. Enjoy the wonderful weather this week.

Mrs.T said...

Your menus always sound enticing! Even though they are healthier! Congratulations on the weight loss.

Interesting about your carpet stain. We have a large area rug with a stain that keeps coming back. Guess I should check the floor underneath. I never thought of that. At least it would just be the floor and not the subfloor!

Rosie said...

"Wow, 'Diary of a Stay-at-Home Mom' resonates with me on so many levels! As a fellow stay-at-home mom, I understand the challenges and joys that come with balancing household duties and caring for our little ones. It's refreshing to read about someone else's experiences and know that we're not alone in this journey.

On another note, I couldn't help but think about how beautifully written the blog is. The storytelling skills of the author are truly remarkable. It got me thinking about the importance of having a well-crafted professional biography, especially for individuals like us who might be considering re-entering the workforce or exploring freelance opportunities.

That's where Professional Biography Writers come in! They have the expertise to transform our life stories and experiences into compelling narratives that highlight our strengths and accomplishments. Whether it's showcasing our unique parenting journey or our professional achievements prior to becoming stay-at-home moms, having a polished biography can open doors to new opportunities.

Thanks for sharing your insights and experiences in 'Diary of a Stay-at-Home Mom'! It's not only a source of inspiration but also a reminder of the power of storytelling and the value of professional biography writers in helping us tell our own stories."

emma said...

I love the insights shared in 'Diary of a Stay at Home Mom'! It's refreshing to read about the daily adventures and challenges. As someone passionate about writing, I recently collaborated with a fantastic book marketing company to promote my work. Their strategies truly made a significant impact on my book's visibility. Cheers to the power of sharing stories and the support we find along the way!