Monday, December 25, 2023

Happy Homemaker Monday - 12/25/2023


Good morning and Merry Christmas!
 
I am coming to you with about 4 hours of sleep, so excuse any random babbling or misspelling or anything that may seem weird. I blame the tiredness that is running through my body at the moment. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve with family, lots of delicious food and party games which always end up in laughing until your stomach hurts. 
 
We didn't get to bed until 2am, and I was up at 4:30 when our rooster decided he wanted out of the coop.  I do hope I'll get in a nap sometime today. Anyway, Merry Christmas to you all and your families. 
 
Let's get on with our last Happy Homemaker Monday of  2023. 
 
Can you believe it? Wow!


*** The Weather ***
The temperatures have dropped, and at the moment it is 25 degrees and super chilly outside.  We'll be sticking to the 50s this week. 

Monday - Sunny, 50
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 54
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, 51
Thursday - Partly cloudy, 51
Friday - Sunny, 54
Saturday - Sunny, 59
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 59
 
 
*** Right now I am ***
Back in my bed, under the warm covers because I'm so cold. I'm typing up this post, and also watching Vikings Valhalla on Netflix.  
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
On what I want to do today, I am for sure getting rid of one of our trees, which Elliott has been shamelessly torturing for weeks. He's usually very good, but this year, he has an issue with our white tree LOL  
 
 
*** How I am feeling *** 
Tired and sore. My lower back and feet still hurt from the full day of cooking yesterday, hence why I need a nap sometime today.  
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I've been snacking on leftovers from last night, but I did have a cup of coffee too. 
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Leftovers.
 
 
*** On the dinner plate *** 
I'll be making a Ham, scalloped potatoes, and some green beans for dinner.


*** On the menu ***  
 
Monday - Ham, Scalloped Potatoes, Green Beans  
Tuesday - Beef Casserole, Salad  
Wednesday - Sardine Fish Cakes, Curried rice, Steamed Broccoli and Cauliflower
Thursday - Carne Guisada com Massa (Beef with Noodles), Sauteed Zucchini Squash
Friday - Chicken Curry and rice
Saturday - Zuppa Toscana, Grilled Cheese and Tomato
Sunday - Leftovers or sandwiches....basically fend for yourself

 
*** What I am wearing *** 
Winter pajamas.  
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Jonathan Cahn's The Return of the Gods.  
 
 
*** On my TV this week ***  
Youtube - Brazilian Homemaking Vlogs,
Turkish shows - Dizik Talesi, Hudutsuz Sevda
Netflix - Vikings Valhalla



*** Looking around the house *** 
Oh boy it needs a very good clean and tidy. I am ready to get all the Christmas stuff put away and my house back to order.  
 
 
*** To do list ***
Clean up after yesterday's get together
Set up my new Espresso Maker
Laundry 
 
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
One of my Advent Calendar gifts. I ended up not showing you all the last 3 or 4 days, but I'll be making a separate post with all the gifts in one, so you can see, and for my own record as well. 
 


*** Devotional, Bible Verses *** 
And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.”Luke 2:10-11


9 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

Merry Christmas my friend. I'm so glad you had a wonderful family get together last night and so thoroughly enjoyed yourself. I really can't believe Christmas is here and the year is almost over too! Have a blessed day and get that nap too.

A Runners Mom & More said...

Merry Christmas to you & yours! My daughter, SIL & oldest Grand coming over in a few... 7 more days until Happy New YEAR! I for one can't wait! Lots of new adventures are planned for me, travel, race destinations, playing tourist...my list is growing and seems endless.

Katerinas Blog said...

Merry Christmas to all! This year has gone by so fast!

@irina_sweet_home said...

Merry Christmas to you & yours!

Jean said...

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas! Hope today is a relaxing, peaceful day for you. Happy last full week of 2023 to you and your family!

Luludou said...

Merry Christmas! Glad you got to enjoy with your family. Have a peaceful week

Lisa K Thomasson Jung said...

Merry Christmas. And a happy new year! I am already taking down Christmas and movi g onto Winter/ Sneaux crafts and decorations for January. Have a great week 😀

Mrs.T said...

Where, o where, has this year gone? It has truly sped by. Merry Christmas!

Debbie said...

Merry (after) Christmas! I'll be dismantling all the Christmas around the house today and feeling great about it. Gearing up for the new year and looking forward to all the new beginnings :)