Monday, March 11, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/11/2024

 

 
Good morning ladies, and a very Happy Monday to you all.
 
I feel a little out of it this morning, this time change always messes me up.  I was up at what I thought was 4:45 am yesterday morning, knowing that our Rooster would soon start crowing and it would be time to open the coop up.  What I didn't realize is that the time had changed and it was only 3:45 am.  Yes, I was up in the middle of the night, for no reason at all.  Hahahah  
 
Sure wish this time change nonsense would end.  
 
Anyway, let's see what is happening around our homes this week, shall we?  
 
Have a blessed week friends ♥ 
 
 
 
 *** The Weather *** 
Remember when I said I thought Winter was definitely gone?  Well, it decided to laugh in my face and show back up this weekend.  We hit 30 degrees and it was bitter cold, had to turn the heater back on for the chickens in the coop and provide blankets etc.  Glad I didn't put any seeds in the ground yet.
 
Monday - Cloudy skies, 72
Tuesday - Sunny, 79
Wednesday - Sunny, 85
Thursday - Thunderstorms, 76
Friday- PM showers, 60
Saturday - Mostly cloudy, 66
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 65
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
In my bed, of course, with the laptop on my lap working on this post.  Kaia and Elliott are asleep next to me, and hubby is getting ready for work in the office. 
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
About Easter coming up, I need to talk with my sister in law about our meal plan, and also need to figure out what I'll be eating for Easter.  I can have some ham but none of the carbs like the potatoes (which I love).     
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
I'm doing well, I am now down 18 pounds.  I've also realized that my body does not do well with carbs at all.  I had lasagna roll ups for dinner last week, and even though I just had 2, it immediately affected me.  I couldn't sleep well that night, I was sluggish, I had no energy.  
 
So safe to say, my body is now adapted to veggies and very minimal carbs and it needs to stay that way. 
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I've had my cup of coffee, and will have some oatmeal for breakfast later.        
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Tuna and chickpea salad.  
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Bacon Spaghetti (brown spaghetti), Cucumber and Tomato Salad, Garlic Bread (mine will be Keto bread) 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
Starting the new meal plan on Thursday, so will work on the new menu the next few days
 
Monday
Bacon Spaghetti (brown spaghetti), Cucumber and Tomato Salad, Garlic Bread  
Tuesday 
Swedish Turkey Meatballs, Brown Rice, Salad (Cauliflower rice for me)  
Wednesday 
Greek Quesadillas, Lentil Salad 
Thursday 

Friday

Saturday

Sunday


*** What I am wearing *** 
Last week this time I was wearing my summer nightgown, today I'm wearing my winter pajamas.        
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Romans in the Bible 
Trials of the Earth by Mary Mann Hamilton




*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Hudutsuz Sevda, Ruzgarli Tepe, Bir Sevdadir, Gelin, Uc Kiz Kardes 
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar

 
*** Looking around the house *** 
I've been changing things slightly here and there.  It's amazing how a new shelf, or a picture just instantly brightens up a room.  
 
In the dining room, I have all my cookbooks in a corner, piled up, because I removed them from the bookshelf in the living room and am planning to display them above the kitchen cabinets.
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Usual homemaking
Meal plan
Bible and Devotional time
Reading time
Crochet time
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
I love this photo, I feel it perfectly encapsulates my life and slow living. 
 
IMG_5756      

 
*** What I am crocheting ***
I started Part 3 of the Nordic Blanket.  Will come back and show the progress this morning, just need to wait until the sunrises to get a good picture for you all. 
 
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Of course you haven't been fulfilled in this world.  It's a sign that you have been designed for a world to come. 
- Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon -  


11 comments:

Luludou said...

That picture of you in your cozy environment is a very good one.
Good work on the health front.

Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

Have a wonderful week my friend. I'll catch up with you when we get home next week.

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Have a nice week. We may actually see sun this week.

Deanna said...

Sandra, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR HEADER !!!! Luv it. This is more in lines with how I want to live.
I understand about eating low carbs. I cannot lose weight easily eating them. More veggies and fruits for me for sure.
God bless and All the best to you,
~d

Mrs.T said...

Your header is beautiful and I love the cozy photo of you as well.

And yes, carbs ... we just got back from a week where I was cooking for a work group and oh my, I indulged in far too many of the carbs. I really do feel a difference when I have too many of them.

Aritha V. said...

Sandra, that is a nice photo of you in that chair. Have a blessed week, lieve vriendin.

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Love the pic of you sweet Friend. :) This Spring weather has been so whacky here too! And the time change makes things whacky too. Lol 😂 I hope you have a wonderful week ahead. xoxo

Mother Em said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

That Trials of the Earth book is so good! I live in the same county where Mary Mann Hamilton lived and wrote about. It was such a fascinating historical look at our area and how hard life was back then. Can't wait to hear what you think of it!

Debbie said...

Congratulations on your weight loss. Several of my family members are now gluten free and they say the weight starts coming off when bread is out of the diet.

I think I'll try some slow housekeeping vlogs today. They always sound so comforting when you mention them.

Reshma said...

Love reading your posts…I follow you on Instagram and am a regular there.can you suggest some Brazilian or Portuguese vlogs for daily living that you watch. . ? I watch people from india,US, UK but never these …and also the slow living one.I am in the stage of life where I would appreciate living like that