Monday, March 18, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/18/2024

 Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Good morning ladies, welcome back to my little cold corner of the internet.  Yes it is cold, currently 35 degrees, so quite nippy out there.  Nevertheless, welcome, make yourselves at home, I'll pour you a cup of coffee or tea.
 
It is hard for me to believe that we are already pretty much halfway through the month of March, my word.  In a few weeks my kids will have their birthdays, Jasmine is turning 25 and Nicholas 21.  Just wow!!!
 
Anyway, it's time to see what is happening around our homes, so step on in out of the cold, and let's chat a little.  

Have a blessed week friends ♥ 
 
 
 
 *** The Weather *** 
Just like last weekend, we went from 90 degree weather, to 30s again.  This weekly weekend Winter nonsense, needs to stop already.  I want to get my garden going.  I know I'm impatient but I honestly can't wait to get a good harvest this year. 
 
Monday - Sunshine, 60
Tuesday - Sunny, 73
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 73
Thursday - Thunderstorms, 68
Friday- Sunny, 73
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 76
Sunday - Cloudy, 75
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
In bed, under the warm covers, with my heater turned on in the corner of the bedroom.  I am working on this post, while the furry babies sleep next to me, under their blankets.  Anyone else's pets always have to sleep under blankets?   
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
I need to start my Spring cleaning, so really must sit down and make a list.       
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Hungry.  I am just being honest.  Aside from that I'm doing well, but my hands are quite sore today.  I did a lot of yard ward and mowing yesterday, to help my husband.  He did practically the whole 3 acres, aside from our enclosed back yard, which I did.  However, with the Osteoarthritis, it was a bit much and today I'm paying for it, but it was worth it.   
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I already had my coffee, as always.  For breakfast I am going to have 90 second Keto Bread, toasted with some smart balance butter.          
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Made a lentil salad yesterday which will be mainly my lunches, for the week.  All I do is add some protein each day, will add tuna today, tomorrow sardines, then eggs etc.    
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Fish Fillets, Garlic Parsley Potatoes and Garlic Spinach.  I'll have maybe 2 little potatoes, and mostly spinach and some lentil salad. 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
 
Monday
Fish Fillets, Garlic Parsley Potatoes and Garlic Spinach
Tuesday 
Low Carb Orange Chicken, Cauliflower Rice, Steamed Broccoli   
Wednesday 
Greek Baked Meatballs, Whole Wheat Macaroni, Salad
Thursday 
Pork roast with Brown Rice, Tomato and Cucumber salad
Friday
Chicken Kebabs, Brussel Sprouts
Saturday
Feijoada (Portuguese Bean Stew), Basmati rice (cauliflower rice for me)
Sunday
Gnocchi Bolognese, Garlic Bread, Salad


*** What I am wearing *** 
Winter pajamas for now, not sure what I'll put on but maybe some sweat pants and a tank top. 

 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Romans in the Bible 
Finishing Trials of the Earth by Mary Mann Hamilton
The Wind in the Willows is next


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Hudutsuz Sevda, Ruzgarli Tepe, Bir Sevdadir, Gelin, Uc Kiz Kardes 
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar

Reshma asked me for some of the Portuguese Homemaking and Slow Living Vlogs.  This is a current favorite of mine, Sabor de Casa Feliz.  They are a Brazilian family, and I just absolutely love watching her quiet slow loving videos. 

 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
I need to give my carpets a good clean again.  We've had quite a bit of rain, and if you have doggies that go in and out, you will understand my dilemma. 
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Usual homemaking
Bible and Devotional time
Reading time
Crochet time
Spring Recommendations Blog Post
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
Don't you just love dried flowers?  I don't know why I don't do this more often, but I plan to gather as many as I can this Spring and Summer, and create a collection of dried flowers.  ♥


 
*** What I am crocheting ***
I promised you I would show you my current crochet progress.  As you can see, first 3 parts are done, and I've started the 4th.  I am just a few rows from finishing Part 4 as well.   
 
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Facing disappointment and failure?  Don't be surprised - you're still flawed and your would is still fallen.  For this, there's grace. 
- Morning and Evening by Charles Spurgeon -  


6 comments:

threesidesofcrazy said...

You are so right - the weather needs to stop boomeranging around! My sinuses can't take it, especially with all the traveling I've been doing - it's making me miserable. I'm so sorry I couldn't make the IRL happen again this trip with all the family obligations going on. I love the idea of the dried flowers - are you going to do a collage to keep? Have a wonderful week my friend.

Mother Em said...

Hard to believe your babies are all grown up this fast. You've got to share some birthday photos, if they will allow as well as what they are up to in their adult lives.

Happy week ahead.

Mary in GA

Deanna said...

Dear Sandra, It is a treat to visit your blog and spend time here.
The lovely lady in the video has such gorgeous long hair. I can't imagine taking care of it.
So ready for SPRING!!!
Blessings,
~d

Luludou said...

Thanks for the link on the video. Carpets with dogs... so much work. Loved visiting, always fun and thanks for the tea :)
Have a great week

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Happy Monday dearest!
Wow, you sure do have some crazy temperature swings going on there. Geesh! I hope it stops being crazy soon and just Spring-like.
I can't believe your kiddos are those ages already! It's crazy because I remember when they were so young as I've followed your blog a long time. Even before I started bloggin myself! Happy bday to them both. 🎉

Yes, Bubba is an under the covers culprit. He loves to slip down under them in our bed after I make it in the morning and promptly take a nap down by our pillows. Lol
I LOVE that afghan so much! It's turning out so gorgeous. That is the coolest pattern and you picked the perfect colors. It just goes with that style.
Blessings to you. xoxo

Jean said...

Our weather has been all over the place as well. Dried flowers are so pretty! Do you plan to put them on something? Hope you have a wonderful week!