Monday, March 25, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 03/25/2024

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
Good morning ladies, and a very happy Monday to you all!
 
I wish you a blessed week ahead, may it be filled with love and blessings.  
 
It is a dark, cloudy and rainy morning here in Texas.  We actually had funnel clouds over our area yesterday afternoon, Wichita Falls was even on the news due to the weather we experienced.  We are used to Tornado season but it usually doesn't start for a few more weeks, then again the weather has been completely bonkers all over, so I can't say I am surprised.
 
Anyway, it is time to see what we are all doing in our homes this week.  Are you all spring cleaning already or have you not started yet?  I'm a little late starting this year, mainly because I've been dealing with the pain in my hands which makes it difficult to get anything done.  But I will push through that and get going.
 
Now, let's see what our Happy Homemaker Monday brings us for today.
 
 
 
 *** The Weather *** 
Rainy weekend, and our first severe storms hit us as well.  It doesn't really look like we'll have much rain after this morning, and our temperatures are going to be just wonderful.  
 
Monday - Rain in the morning and sun after, 62
Tuesday - Partly cloudy, 58
Wednesday - Partly cloudy, 64
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 70
Friday- Partly cloudy, 79
Saturday - Mostly cloudy, 83
Sunday - Cloudy, 83
 
 
*** Right now I am *** 
Sitting on my bed while I work on this post.  I'm watching a homemaking vlog on the tv and as always, my furry babies are sleeping next to me.     
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
About spring cleaning, but mostly about Easter this coming weekend.         
 
 
*** How I am feeling ***
Headache and cramps....that should tell you all you need to know.  *wink*
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
I had my coffee, but will have some oats here in a bit.            
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Tuna and chickpea salad.      
 
 
*** On the dinner plate ***
Chicken Kebabs, Brussel Sprouts Salad 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
Will be working on the new menu, so as always, will have meals until Thursday
 
Monday
Chicken Kebabs, Brussel Sprouts Salad
Tuesday 
Keto Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad   
Wednesday 
Fish Tacos, Cauliflower Cilantro Lime Rice
Thursday 
Lentil Chili with Polenta


*** What I am wearing *** 
In my comfy pajamas still, once I'm done with this post, I'll get changed into some sweats and a tank top.   

 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Book of Exodus in the Bible 
The Wind in the Willows


*** On my TV this week ***
Youtube - Brazilian and Portuguese Homemaking Vlogs, Slow Living and Quiet Vlogs 
Turkish shows - Hudutsuz Sevda, Ruzgarli Tepe, Bir Sevdadir, Gelin, Uc Kiz Kardes 
Sic Portugal TV - Senhora do Mar

 
*** Looking around the house *** 
It is quiet and dark.  Usually by now we have beautiful golden sun coming in through the windows, but with this rainy weather, there's none of that.   
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Usual homemaking
Bible and Devotional time
Reading time
Crochet time
Meal planning
 
 
*** From the camera *** 
Last week I shared some dried flowers and many of you wanted to know what I planned to do with them.  One of the things I'm doing, is using them to decorate my white candles.  I feel that as Spring comes around, there would be nothing sweeter than having some floral candles lit.   ♥

 
 
*** What I am crocheting or sewing ***
I had to slow down a little on the crocheting because of the pain in my hand.  But, I'm only 4 rows away from finishing Part 4.  
 
It's frustrating to want to do more but being limited by my hand pain.  With that in mind, I've been looking at crochet hooks that help with arthritis, and will be getting some this week.  
 
I am also going to be doing some sewing this week.  I have some chickens and some birds to make for decorations, but also want to make some fabric book covers again, I don't know what I ever did to the ones I made years ago.  Anyway, I'll share those with you this week.
 
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
I have felt led to read the book of Exodus, and I have read it before, but I think God is really trying to highlight the world that we are currently living in, with the Exodus of the Old Testament.  It is crazy just how similar the circumstances are between then and now.  Do yourself a favor, read the book of Exodus. 

 


6 comments:

Luludou said...

Good spring cleaning and hoping your hands feel better. My spring cleaning is mostly done (for once I'm early!)... now if it can get warmer outside so I can go sit out...
Have a great week

Elisha said...

I've done a bit of spring cleaning but certainly have much more to do. Hope you have a wonderful week.

threesidesofcrazy said...

Have a wonderful week and I hope the storms steer clear of your area - the weather has been soooooo crazy EVERYWHERE - just don't really know what to expect. Take care of your hands - the spring cleaning will always be there. Have a great week.

Schotzy said...

I really enjoyed your blog this morning. Well, always, but So many things registered with me in the most comforting way! It made me think back when Inwas about your age. Let’s just say, years ago when I was so much more conscious about doing things. It seems at this age things get done in a slow and very un frantic time .That’s why, I too, love slow living vlogs! Have a blessed week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hi Sandra!
Yes, crazy weather everywhere. It's snowmaggedon up here. Couple days of blizzards, several feet of snow. After there hadn't been any snow in the northwoods all of March and even green shoots popping up. Ugh. It's where I live and I'm not surprised either. More normal for the northwoods.

I hope your monthly friend doesn't bother you too much ;) and that your hands behave for all you want to accomplish. I hear you with the arthritis stuff - not fun and makes everything more difficult. I have been working on spring cleaning projects too.
Blessings on your week ahead. xo

Jean said...

The weather is insane lately! Hope the storms didn't do too much damage. Love the flowers on the candle. What a fun idea. Hope you have a wonderful week!