Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Spring time - TV Shows to get you in the mood

Welcome back sweet friends, sit down and stay a bit.  Grab a piece of paper and maybe take some notes, because I have a list of the best Spring time TV shows, to get you in the mood for the season.

Some of these I watch every year, and some are new suggestions that I still need to catch up on myself.  I gave you the books yesterday, today we are focusing on TV and tomorrow I'll bring you some movies.

Are you ready?

 
The Great British Bake Off
 
I have to start with one of my absolute favorites and MUST watch, every year.  If you've never sat down and indulged in The Great British Bake Off, you really are missing out.  Aside from the amazing baking and the competition itself, I love the scenery, I love the tent and the springy feels that it brings to mine.  Everything is pretty and floral and pastel.  


It is available to watch on Netflix, there are quite a few seasons, and I do advise you to watch every single one.  You won't regret.

Now the original name IS Bake Off but here in the States they changed it to Baking Show.  I don't know why, I don't understand, but it's the same thing.  You can watch it on Netflix through this link.



All Creatures Great and Small

This is a classic and if you have PBS and enjoy Period Dramas like I do, I'm sure you've already watched at least one season.  It is set in the Yorkshire Dales and follows the life of a young veterinarian named James Herriot.  It is actually based on real life and his experiences from 1940 to 1992.  

I absolutely love watching this show, not just for the period drama aspect but the gorgeous Yorkshire scenery, the green hills, the little farm houses and all the sweet animals.  

You can watch every season on PBS Masterpiece.


Lark Rise to Candleford

Ohh my word.  This is such a gem and yet not very well known to many.  Aside from being one of the best period dramas you could watch, it just screams Spring to me, I don't know why.

In this adaptation of Flora Thompson's memoir of her childhood, Laura Timmins leaves the Oxfordshire hamlet of Lark Rise for a job in the market town of Candleford, where her mother's cousin, effervescent Dorcas Lane, is postmistress. Farm workers, craftsmen and gentry make up the community of families, rivals, friends and neighbours. Throughout the series, residents of both places interact at the best and the worst of times, including a measles epidemic that threatens the harvest and the arrival of new Post Office Inspector Mr. Rushton.

I fell in love with this show back when we were stationed in Arizona, and since then I've always wanted to re watch it, but it's been hard to find a place to watch for free. Until now, because guess what?  It is available for free on the Roku Channel.  I am thrilled.

If you've never watched Lark Rise to Candleford, you're in for a treat.


Frog and Toad

I know, it's a children's animated series, but it is a definite must watch for spring time.   It is based on the very well known children's book written by Arnold Lobel, and no one says that just because we are adults, we can't enjoy these treasures, right?

Follows two amphibian friends striving to balance the great outdoors and home pleasure, as they are thrown from one optimistic adventure to another.
 
 You can watch the series on Apple TV.



Bridgerton

Of course, could not have a spring time list without mentioning Bridgerton.  It is set in the Regency era in England, and you can count on seeing lavish beautiful homes, gorgeous gardens, flowers and bees and Balls.  It is very much a period drama that many will enjoy.  There are currently 2 Seasons available to watch on Netflix, and the 3rd season is scheduled to be released in May.  
 


The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends

Yes another animated series, but there is such a peace and calming effect that these children's series, invoke in us.  Maybe it's a way to transport us back to our childhood, maybe it's a way to feel safe, to feel connected to a simpler and sweeter, more innocent time.  Whatever that feeling may be, I think that The World of Peter Rabbit and Friends is a must watch, especially during Spring.

Lucky for us, you can watch the entire series on YouTube.  I have the link for you below. 

 

And that is it my friends. There aren't too many tv shows but I'll be back tomorrow with some amazing, movie recommendations you surely will not want to miss. 
 
If you have any suggestions yourself, be sure to share them down below, so the rest of us can add them to our list.  
 
Have a blessed day friends, I hope you found something on this post that you can enjoy.

3 comments:

Katerinas Blog said...

Good list of very nice series, I love period series.

Lever said...

I liked “Lark Rise To Candleford” a lot too! ❤️
Antonia.

Debbie said...

These are some of my favorites!