Monday, September 02, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/02/2024

Hello September, am I ever so glad to see your sweet month.
 
I must say, I have been anxiously awaiting your arrival, for what seems like forever, although I know that is ever so slightly exaggerated, but when you immensely dislike the heat, you tend to romanticize the cooler BER months. 
 
So welcome, please stay a while and bring the cooler temperatures which we so need.

The past week has been a bit of a blur totally induced by the nasty triple digit heat and the non existent rain.  Actually, rainy days have become a family joke around here.  Our weather forecast seems to have become the biggest liar on the face of this earth.  We get told we have days of rain, only to see not a single drop arrive.  The clouds turn up, they go a deep purple, give out a thunderous sound and that is it, they dissipate leaving us frustrated and saddened.  
 
It's been exhausting, honestly, but we did get a full 2 seconds of rain last night, and no I am not even exaggerating that statement.  Curt and I started laughing at the ridiculousness of it all.  *sigh*
Anyway, good morning, welcome to a new month.  I hope this month of September brings you blessings and joy and the peace that only our Lord can give. 
 
Now, let's jump right in, and kick off the BER months, shall we?

Good morning ladies, and welcome to the last Happy Homemaker Monday in August.  Can you believe that?  I am so happy to see this month come to an end, even though it's my birthday and anniversary month, the heat is unbearable.
 
So, last one for August, and then we are into the BER months....yay!
 
I had a good weekend, it was laid back and relaxing and just what I needed.  Got a lot of crochet in, which felt so good to do, it's been years since I've done that, so it's great to be back on track with that.
 
Last week was a bit of a hit and miss when it came to posting, but I explained why in my last post, which you can see here, The Past Week in Pictures! 
 
I hope you all had a fantastic weekend, and are ready for a new blank slate, week ahead.  I pray God's blessings over you and your families.  Now, let's see what is happening around our homes. 

 
 
 
*** The Weather *** 
It's thankfully started cooling down, and we are told the hot temperatures are finally over with.  I'm thrilled. 


 
*** Right now I am ***
Sitting in the living room, working on this post, seeing the gorgeous sunrise and watching a video on YouTube.  You know I love history and there is a channel called Real Royalty that I am just loving.  I have always adored England and castles, and I get to indulge in watching some of the most beautiful castles and manor houses.  Learning their history, seeing the inside and all that fun stuff. 
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
Nothing specific in mind, just the usual day planning, what the week brings ahead and things like that. 
 
 
*** How I am feeling *** 
I'm doing ok.  We had a small family get together on Saturday, we traveled up to Oklahoma City and spent the day.  It was wonderful but I definitely indulged and ate like I used to, and I'm suffering for it now.  My stomach hurts, I'm nauseous and just don't feel 100%.  So even though I enjoyed one day of food freedom, I can say that it's not worth the after effects.  Will not be doing that again. 
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
Had a cup of milky tea, and a healthy small waffle.  1 egg and 1 tablespoon of peanut butter.  That's it. 
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Not sure, I don't feel like eating anything with my stomach feeling the way it does. 
 
 
*** On the dinner plate *** 
Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad.  
 
 
*** On the menu *** 

Monday
Lasagna, Garlic Bread, Salad 
Tuesday 
Best Chili Ever, Tortilla chips 
Wednesday 
Amish Chicken with Rice, Salad
Thursday
Fish Fillets, Mixed Veggies, Potatoes in Garlic Parsley Butter
Friday
Homemade Pizza
Saturday
Fend for yourself
Sunday
Spaghetti and Meatballs, Garlic Bread, Salad

 
*** What I am wearing *** 
Summer pajamas, dark blue shorts and a dark blue spaghetti strap top with white flowers.
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
1 Samuel in the Bible.  
Finished The Linen Queen by Patricia Falvey

 
 
*** On my TV this week *** 
Homemaking channels on YouTube.  
Real Royalty on YouTube
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
Thankfully it is clean so I don't have to worry about anything today. 
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Bible and Devotional time 
Reading 
A row or two on my Cosmic Blanket.  


*** What I am creating ***
Cosmic Cal Blanket from Crystals and Crochet. 
Also, yesterday afternoon while stuck in bed with stomach cramps and nausea, I quickly made a crochet book sleeve.  Love how it turned out.
 

 

 
*** From the camera *** 
I love getting up very early.  I am up every day at 4:45am.  I never thought I would be the kind to enjoy that, but as I've gotten older, I have just really loved getting up this early while the house is asleep, and having my quiet time. 
  

 
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
My heart is broken for the parents of the hostages that were executed in Gaza.  I just can't fathom the pain they've endured for 330 days, hoping and praying to see their children again, only to get the horrible news that they were executed.  May God give them strength and peace through this time.  
 
I am so incredibly sick of evil in this world, it truly breaks my heart to know that there is such evil and violence around the world. 


6 comments:

A Runners Mom & More said...

https://www.blogger.com/blog/post/edit/6881287959617537332/651941444746723168

Luludou said...

So happy it's september!! Lovely book sleeve. Have a great week

threesidesofcrazy said...

YAY for the "BER months! So glad your triple digits seem to be done! Have a wonderful week my friend!

Adriaantje said...

How beautiful is that crocheted cover for books.
I think it would be fun to make for books of my own that I give to someone as a gift.
I hope the stomach ache will be over soon.
Have a nice week!

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello my Friend! Praying for cooler temps and rain for REAL there soon! I love that crochet book sleeve. So sweet. 😍 I have a pretty cloth pouch I keep my kindle in and love it! Blessings on your week ahead. xoxo

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I always enjoy visiting with you and hearing how you spend your days. I also get up early for that very reason. I like to have quiet time and watch the world wake up!