Monday, September 23, 2024

{ Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/23/2024 }

Good morning sweet ladies, come on in and have a cup of tea or coffee.  
 
It is a beautiful morning, cloudy, rainy and 59 degrees.  If I were to pick the best weather to have all year round, it would probably be this one.  What can I say, I love rain and clouds ♥
 
I had a good weekend, quiet, restful, just wonderful and I find that when my weekends go like that, they seem to set the tone for the rest of the week.  
 
So, we are officially in Autumn/Fall, the best time of the year for me.  I love the BER months but October especially is a month I just thrive in, right up until the end when it gets overshadowed by Halloween which, well, you know my feelings on.
 
This year, I have chosen to once again do my 31 Days of Prayer for my Husband.  I did this previously, back in 2009 and it was a great success.  If you want to read more about it, you can look here.    First post will go up on the 1st of October, of course, and will run every day until the end of the month.  It doesn't mean that I won't be posting as usual, it will just run concurrently.  I hope you will join me this year.
 
I wish you all a very blessed, productive week ahead.  Let's get right on with our post....


 
 
 
*** The Weather *** 
Friday, Saturday and Sunday we were once again hit with triple digits, which was not fun at all, but I think we can safely say they are finally gone for good.  We got rain yesterday afternoon, and it's been raining all through the night.  We may get a few more storms this morning, but even if it doesn't rain, the forecast for this week is wonderful. 
 
Monday - Partly cloudy, 78
Tuesday - Mostly sunny, 90
Wednesday - Sunny, 86
Thursday - Sunny, 84
Friday - Partly cloudy, 83
Saturday - Partly cloudy, 85 
Sunday - Mostly sunny, 90
 
 
 *** Right now I am ***
Typing up this post, sitting in my comfy bed and watching All the Lights we Cannot See, on Netflix.   
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
This week I need to get groceries, work on some projects around the house, and some more crochet.  I also want to find some Fall recipes to try out, and need to find some that are low carb and low sugar, for me to enjoy as well. 
 
 
*** How I am feeling *** 
Really good.  This whole health journey has taught me so much.  I am slowly pinpointing and rooting out things that make me unwell.  Some I already know, others take me by surprise.  Example.....last weekend after the gym, my husband gave me a zero sugar beef stick to eat.  I should have known that anything processed is not good, but I have always been able to eat some beef jerky or beef sticks, here and there, without any issues.  This was a new brand to me, so I ate it.  Within 2 hours I had horrible stomach cramping, which then turned into full on constipation.  I spent the rest of the week uncomfortable and finally felt well on Friday.
 
This Saturday after the gym, he once again gave me one of those, and I decided to eat only a small piece because after thinking about what could have hurt my stomach last week, the only thing out of the ordinary for me was indeed that beef stick.  I ate just a small piece.  Within 2 hours, stomach cramping and constipation again.  Thankfully this time it last only a day.
 
But I can now safely say that it is in fact that beef stick that my body does not agree with.  It's enough for me to go off any kind of beef stick or jerky, for good.  This is how I figure out what I can't eat, and yes it means at times putting myself through pain or stomach issues for a day or so, to pinpoint exactly the issue.
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
Had a cup of vanilla coffee with 2% milk, and a ham and cheese sandwich on multigrain. 
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Tuna with beans, broccoli and eggplant salad.    
 
 
*** On the dinner plate *** 
Mediterranean Chicken Thighs, Curried Quinoa.     
 
 
*** On the menu *** 
New meal plan will start on Wednesday.

Monday
Mediterranean Chicken Thighs, Curried Quinoa
Tuesday 
Mediterranean Tilapia, Roast Potatoes, Sauteed Collard Greens
Wednesday 

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday


 
*** What I am wearing *** 
In my nightgown still, but will change into Black Leggings and a Tank Top, with my trusty slippers of course.  
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
Reading Joshua in the Bible.
 
Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson 
The Apothecary's Daughter by Julie Klassen

 
*** On my TV this week *** 
Homemaking channels on YouTube 
Christian shows on Rumble and YouTube
Fall Inspired TV Shows and Movies
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
Fall is littered through the house, in decorations, candles and gorgeous leaves and pinecones.  Really, really love this time of year.  
 
I need to carpet clean living room, because of the rain, and Kaia's paws in and out to go potty.  I try to grab her as soon as she enters the house but sometimes she's faster than me.  Hahah 
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Bible and Devotional time 
Reading 
Crochet 
Homecleaning
Water inside plants.


*** What I am creating ***
I had to put aside the Knitted Owl Gloves.  Unfortunately it just hurts my hands too much to continue, so I had to set it aside.  I did find a crochet owl glove pattern so will try that one, and see how it turns out.  Bummer!
 
I will be making the crochet ones this week and also trying to finish the Nordic Winter Blanket.

 
*** From the camera *** 
I've been enjoying my lattes the past 2 weeks.    
 
  
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
I keep talking about the unprecedented times we are in.  If you don't understand it, we are in a spiritual war, raging all around us.  It does us no good to deny it or to try and bury our heads in the sand.  We have the power of the Lord behind us, and we need to pray.  
 
I saw this daily devotion this morning and I feel that it needs sharing.  
 
There is power in the occult, but it is no match for Jesus’ name. The power you have in Christ does not work like a magic spell but works by taking God at His word. If you have dabbled in the occult, confess, and find forgiveness in Jesus’ name. - Dr. John Koessler


2 comments:

Luludou said...

Sometimes it is soo hard to pinpoint what is not agreeing with us. Have a great BER week

Mary M said...

I think the constipation is a result of certain foods causing you inflammation in your colon or intestines. I had that happen to me. Run the idea by your doctor to see what he thinks.