Monday, September 09, 2024

Happy Homemaker Monday - 09/09/2024

Good morning sweet ladies, welcome back to this second HHM of September.  I can't believe I'm even saying that, September arrived and seems to be moving much faster than I want it too.  I kind of want to tell it to slow down a little, I'm not ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas yet.  Hahaha
 
Anyway, I'm going to keep this short and jump right into our post.  Let's see what is happening around our homes.



 
 
 
*** The Weather *** 
The weather is absolutely gorgeous.  September came in and immediately brought the temperatures down.  Every morning now I open the windows and the back door and get the most wonderful of chills coming in.  Loving it!  It's thankfully started cooling down, and we are told the hot temperatures are finally over with.  I'm thrilled.  
 
Monday - Generally clear, 80 
Tuesday - Sunny, 92 
Wednesday - Mostly sunny, 93 
Thursday - Mostly sunny, 93 
Friday - Sunny, 99 
Saturday - Mostly sunny, 104 (this guy is clearly confused and thinking he's in August) 
Sunday - Partly cloudy, 99
 
 
 *** Right now I am ***
I just finished seeing hubby off to work, made my breakfast and another cup of coffee, and am back sitting in bed.  I'm listening to a Christian show on the TV while working on this post.   
 
 
*** Thinking and pondering *** 
About the menu plan for this upcoming week and the next.  I was thinking that surely I still have another week, because I JUST went grocery shopping and made the new menu, and now realized that nooooo, it is time again.  That was the fastest 2 weeks. 
 
 
*** How I am feeling *** 
Women time......you know.  No words needed, I think you all understand, so I'm a bit crampy this morning and have a slight headache brewing. 
 
 
*** On the breakfast plate *** 
2 cups of coffee with skim milk, healthy banana pancake. 
 
 
*** On the lunch plate *** 
Tuna Salad. 
 
 
*** On the dinner plate *** 
Amish Chicken, Basmati rice, Sauteed Kabocha Squash 
 
 
*** On the menu *** 

Monday
Amish Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Sauteed Kabocha Squash (I will have just the chicken and squash)
Tuesday 
Lentil and Chickpea Curry, Basmati Rice (Cauliflower rice for me)
Wednesday 
Bacon Spaghetti, Salad
Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

 
*** What I am wearing *** 
Summer pajamas.  Grey with pink and white flowers.  I got them for my birthday from my sister in law and brother.  Will put on either a dress or skirt or leggings....honestly don't know. 
 
 
*** On my reading pile *** 
1 Samuel in the Bible.  
Finished The Linen Queen by Patricia Falvey.  It was ok....I didn't enjoy it very much, the main character got on my nerves.
Also finished reading Daughter of Fire by Sophia Robleda which I loved.  It was really good.

Started Walk on Earth a Stranger by Rae Carson.

  


 
*** On my TV this week *** 
Homemaking channels on YouTube.  
 
 
*** Looking around the house *** 
It is clean and tidy so I don't have much to do, other than the daily chores that come with running a home.   
 
 
*** To do list *** 
Bible and Devotional time 
Reading 
Starting the sleeves on my Fall Sweater. 
Meal plan and grocery list


*** What I am creating ***
I had some yarn that I didn't know what to do with, and while watching a slow living video on Youtube this weekend, I came across a pattern for a super easy and quick crochet sweater.  It's something I haven't done before, and really wanted to try, so I grabbed the yarn and the hook and just went for it.  I am loving it, and just finished the body yesterday, so will be starting on the sleeves today.  I can't wait. 
 


 
*** From the camera *** 
I love sewing and it's not something I get to do very often.  This past week, I took a whole day to devote to making some fabric pumpkins.  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed it, it always reminds me of my grandmother and I'll often sit and sew while being flooded with sweet memories from our time together. 
 
  
 
*** Devotional, Prayers, Bible Verses *** 
Maybe today you want the district attorney Jesus, who'll get all those people who've made your life hard.  He will be only your sovereign Savior King.  - New Morning Mercies by Paul David Tripp 





5 comments:

Luludou said...

Can't wait to see the fabric pumpkins and the finished crochet sweater. Have a great week

Billie Jo said...

It looks lovely around here! I am so happy you are getting some September weather!

Adriaantje said...

Well the sweater will be beautiful, nice colors too!
greetings

carrie@northwoods scrapbook said...

Hello Dear Gal! So happy to hear it's finally cooling a bit. I love watching the projects you work on (On insta too) and I LOVE the fabric pumpkins - turned out so cute! Blessings on your week ahead. xo

threesidesofcrazy said...

YAY for cooler temps and open windows!! And yes it does seem September is flying by!!!! That sweater s adorable - I love the colors. So where is the picture of the pumpkins? :D Have a wonderful week my friend.