Saturday, September 08, 2007

Crepes and Cinnamon Coffee anyone?????

I woke up this morning with a craving for Crepes and since they're so easy to make and I can bet that you all have the ingredients on hand, I set to work making some. So before I even start my post, here's a basic recipe in case I've gotten anyone craving them too......oh and here's a cup of hot cinnamon coffee while you cook.


Basic Crepes

INGREDIENTS

* 1 cup all-purpose flour
* 2 eggs
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup water
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 2 tablespoons butter, melted


DIRECTIONS

1. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour and the eggs. Gradually add in the milk and water, stirring to combine. Add the salt and butter; beat until smooth.

2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each crepe. Tilt the pan with a circular motion so that the batter coats the surface evenly.

3. Cook the crepe for about 2 minutes, until the bottom is light brown. Loosen with a spatula, turn and cook the other side. Serve hot.

**********************************************************************

Now that you're fed, I can continue. LOL

I had my eye exam yesterday and Praise the Lord everything is perfect, my eyes are fine, there's no need for glasses or anything at all. I do have really dry eyes and the Arizona air is extremely dry which is bothering me a lot, but I'm on some eye drops to help that out. Of course, monitoring my time on the computer is also helping.
So thank you all for your prayers, I truly appreciate them :)

I've been reading like crazy lately, I go through these phases. You all know that I'm a book lover, I have a huge TBR (to be read) pile but yet still buy more or get them from the library....I just can't seem to control myself around books. It might be because if I really enjoy one, I will read it in a day or 2 tops, so that's what I've been doing with Julia Quinn's books.


I just LOVE her, she writes Historical Romance novels and those are by far my favorites so I've been devouring through her Bridgerton Series and I can't seem to get enough, I may have to go find the ones I'm missing considering I realized I was reading out of order.....if you look above, I read When he was Wicked and now I've started It's in his Kiss. Great, now I realize I'm actually missing a TON from that serious LOL

************************************************************



It's a beautiful day here in Arizona, it's actually not very hot, only 86º right now so we're trying to figure out what to do. We want to go out and enjoy the day without spending too much money, of course in my perfect world, I wouldn't have to spend ANY money at all......that's why it's only in my world but a girl can dream can't she???

It's not that there's nothing to do, I mean, if money wasn't an issue we could go to the Wildlife Zoo (though aside from the money, I'm not interested in walking and hiking in this heat lol ), we could try the Rawhide Steakhouse (which we've been dying to try), we could also drive a couple hours to the Grand Canyon or Tombstone....see now I want to go to all of these places today, which is not going to happen, I guess I better find something close by.

I'm leaving you with one of my favorite songs, Whiskey Lullaby by Brad Paisley and Allison Kraus!

15 comments:

Annie said...

I haven't had a crepe in forever! I will have to try those. So glad your eyes are perfect!
You seem happier :)

Terri said...

Glad that your eye exam turned out good. Do you serve anything on the crepes? They look good.

Sandra said...

Terri - I just put sugar and cinnamon on mine, or I do a strawberry and cream cheese filling, or apple or bananas etc....whatever I have on hand :)

Jen said...

You all need to take a fall weekend to Tombstone.....check out the haunted stuff check out some ghost towns......we are staying in..Scott and I have a bug...so we are on the couch...

Unknown said...

Sandra,
A list of things I would be doing if I were in AZ right now...

-Visit the Dolly Steamboat at Canyon Lake. The drive up is awesome, and the boat ride itself is splendid. CALL FIRST! Also, ask to speak with Jan, she is my best friend...maybe she could make a deal for you!
-Go to eat at any of my fav places like IN AND OUT, OLIVE GARDEN, SONIC, and so many others I never get because I live in MT!
-Spend hours at FREESTONE PARK in Gilbert...just awesome!
-Amazing Jakes in Chandler or the other place (I can not remember the name) at Gilbert and Baseline.
-Visit any museum, Mesa History, Children's Science...you name it!
-In Chandler they have a park that has a train and a water pad to play and get wet...it is called Desert Breeze...I got married there! I would go there all day!
-Of course I would go to my family's home for dinner, do crafts with my friends, hang out at the mall (any mall!) not because I like shopping but because it is air conditioned!

Anyway, I will end the list. I believe I have used enough comment space!
Oh I could GO ON AND ON!

Alexis Jacobs said...

Those crepes look awesome. Now I know what to make next weekend. Thanks!

Cheri said...

Thanks for sharing the crepe recipe- I've always loved them but I've only made them once. I might have to try them again now!
Glad your eye exam went well.
Enjoy the cooler weather!
Cheri

Cheri said...

Well it didn't take long- I just made them for breakfast! I spread cream cheese inside then topped with sugar/cinnamon. They were delicious! I asked my 5 year old if she liked them and she said "Yes but my favorite thing is the sugar!" Shocking isn't it??
Cheri

smilnsigh said...

Wonderful!!! Eye exam said your eyes are fine. But gave you something for dryness. Yessssssss!

Doesn't it feel wonderful when we get ourselves for a checkup and it turns out fine?!? We can relax about that one issue, anyway. Yesss... wonderful!

And you are totally wonderful too, for getting your little self to this exam. We don't look forward to exams but... You were brave and I'm proud of you. Now, how do I send you a Gold Star, hu? -giggles-

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

The crepes look delicious! I bet my kids would gobble them right up!

Hope you had fun with whatever you ended up doing. Being with family is always fun no matter the activity.

Oh, so glad about your eyes! I hope that they are able to adjust to the crazy climate quickly so you can feel like your self again.

-Andrea

Michelle said...

wow those crepes look so yummy and easy to make - I might just have to try these!

Hope you were able to find somewhere to go and get out and do something!

Mari said...

I'm so happy to hear the good report on your eyes. The crepes look wonderful. I'll have to make them.

Michelle said...

Oh Sandra you beautiful woman thank you posting your crepes recipe.I love them with a little lemon juice and white sugar...thanks.I know what's for breakfast tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

hi Sandra
Nice post,ohh so sweet of u for giving information abt those crepes recipe.

Laura said...

Do you know I have never made crepes but have always wanted to. I love them. So good!

Laura