Sunday, September 23, 2007

It's that time again!!!!


I LOVE Fall, it's by far my favorite season. With Fall comes the changing colors of the leaves, the brisk cool air, the smell of stews and soups and the chance to cuddle on the couch with a blanket and a good book.

Callapider Days Fall into Reading 2007 is starting and I'm like a kid in a candy store, running around getting my books together and eager to get through my TBR pile.

So come along, if you want to participate all you need to do is grab a list of your books to be read and run on over to Callapider Days. One thing I love about this is that I get so many good ideas for other books to read, by the end of the challenge I'm usually doubling or tripling my pile with all the great additions.

I've got mine all ready and here we go:



The Tucker Mills Trilogy by Lori Wick

******************************************

Highlander in her Bed by Allie Mackay


This randy paranormal romance pits a burned-out ghost-hunting tour guide against a cranky person-hunting ghost. After her last skeptical jaunt into London's haunted past, Mara McDougall stumbles upon an antique store and finds the enormous medieval bed of her dreams. She buys it, despite the strange warning of a stunning but rude man who tells her, "The bed is mine, wench." Just as she's about to leave London, she learns that a friend in the tourist business has left her a huge Scottish castle—and a catch: she must make the place into a memorial to the MacDougall clan of Scotland.
******************************************

By Design, By Arrangement and By Possession by Madeline Hunter


Another trilogy from the Historical Romance Author, the are all set in the 14th century.

By Design - A woman with a hidden past, running from danger and pursuing a quest for justice A disillusioned freedom fighter, being drawn into a rebellion he would like to avoid Fate brings them together---and then threatens to tear them apart.

By Arrangement - He saw her and wanted her and paid the King a fortune to have her.
At least that is what everyone thinks.
But Christiana suspects that there is more to her arranged marriage than that, and much more to her future husband than he lets the world see.

By Possession - A returning hero, scarred in body and soul. A serf-born woman, who had once loved him from afar. A passionate desire, and an impossible love.

******************************************

The Secret Diaries of Miss Miranda Cheever by Julia Quinn


This Regency concerns Miranda Cheever, who fell in love with the aristocratic Nigel Bevelstoke, Viscount Turner, when she was 10 and he 19. Now 20, and still in love, Miranda's designs are thwarted by the indiscretions of Nigel's late wife—heartbroken, Nigel isn't willing to risk another shot at love, even if it means hurting his close friend Miranda.

******************************************

To Sir Phillip with Love by Julia Quinn


After a year of secret correspondence, Eloise Bridgerton traveled halfway across England to meet Sir Phillip Crane, the man she hoped would be her perfect match.
He wasn't.
But she can't help but wonder... could this imperfect man be perfect for her?

******************************************

On the way to the wedding by Julia Quinn



Lucy is engaged. And her uncle is not inclined to let her back out of the betrothal, even once Gregory comes to his senses and realizes that it is Lucy, with her sharp wit and sunny smile, who makes his heart sing. And now, on the way to the wedding, Gregory must risk everything to ensure that when it comes time to kiss the bride, he is the only man standing at the altar...

******************************************

Wedding Ring by Emilie Richards


For Helen, Nancy, and Tessa, three generations of Henry women, quilts truly represent the fabric of their lives. Using scraps of feed sacks, wedding gowns, and baby clothes, matriarch Helen has chronicled her family in the hundreds of quilts she's made. Helen is now a recluse beset by an irrational paranoia that induces her to hoard everything she can, and her bizarre behavior motivates her daughter, Nancy, and granddaughter, Tessa, to spend their summer cleaning out their Shenandoah Valley homestead.

******************************************

My Heart may be broken, but my hair still looks great by Dixie Cash


Welcome to Salt Lick, Texas, home of big hair,big ranches, and two of the biggest busybodies everto wield a blow-dryer -- Debbie Sue and Edwina,also known as the Domestic Equalizers. Their motto:Don't run over him -- get over him! Their mission: Track down and expose your straying man. And theywon't stop until female domestic justice is served. Debbie Sue Overstreet and Edwina Perkins-Martin have never encountered a problem that couldn't be fixed with a strong margarita, a whole lot of hairspray, and an ear for gossip.

******************************************
NON FICTION

Pursued by the Shepherd by Karon Phillips Goodman

At one time or another, most women feel like lost sheep desiring to be rescued by the Shepherd. Whether misguided by mistakes, lost in muddled priorities, or alone in denial, every woman needs encouragement, understanding, and guidance on reuniting with God. Karon Phillips Goodman’s Pursued by the Shepherd explores how women become lost and reveals they are never so lost that the Shepherd won’t search for them.


Escape the Coming Night by Dr David Jeremiah


No one can deny that the world is in trouble. Tragedy stalks our streets. Violence and bloodshed fill the news. How do we explain so much chaos? Is there any hope for peace in our time? Dr. David Jeremiah's dramatic narrative on the Book of Revelation answers these and many more challenging questions, by unraveling the imagery and explaining the significance of the events described in the last book of the Bible. Within its pages are the hope and encouragement we need to lift us from the gloom of present events to the promise of a brilliant future.


The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel


Strobel, whose apologetics titles The Case for Christ and The Case for Faith have enjoyed strong popularity among evangelicals, approaches creation/evolution issues in the same simple and energetic style.


And there you have it, my list or should I say, PART of my to be read pile, couldn't possibly list all the books on my shelf, there's too many, so I picked the ones I really want to get to this fall and I'm sticking with these. I do tend to read books really fast so I'm sure I'll add more eventually.

For now, I'm done, and I'm heading to my reading chair with my first book in hand.......feel free to look around, help yourselves to some tea or coffee or one of the yummy snacks I always have laying around.


36 comments:

Jen said...

Good for you.....you will be busy.

Eden said...

Sandra! You have a great list compiled! I'll be looking forward to reading your reviews!! Did you receive my most recent email? Let me know, please. Because I might have it in my address book incorrectly.

Hugs,
Eden

Michelle said...

There's a few books that you have listed that are interesting,I'm looking forward to your reviews.

Hyperactive Lu said...

Looks fantastic! :)

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed how you presented your books! Happy Fall reading to you...

Anonymous said...

Great list! I am like you, no way could I list them all, especially once I get started on a reading kick...

Andi said...

You must like romance novels a lot.

Anonymous said...

I love Lori Wick -- hope you enjoy her series. I'm not familiar with the rest of them except Strobel's -- I read parts of that one.

Happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Never been a fan of romance, but I'm sure you'd enjoy the reads :)

*carrie* said...

Sandra,

Thanks for visiting my blog.

I laughed when I saw that one of your favorite movies is "Planes, Trains and Automobiles"--my husband loves that movie and cracks me up impersonating various scenes! =)

heidi @ ggip said...

You have quite a challenge set up for yourself! Good luck. I will be interested in reviews for some of those on your list.

Anonymous said...

book list looks great! I like lori wick!
have a good night

Tammy said...

Wow, you DO have a lot of fiction on your list! :D Now, I don't feel so guilty! heehee

I was so intrigued by your pick, "Pursued by the Shepherd" for non-fiction. I think I want to look into that one!

Happy Reading! :)

Overwhelmed! said...

Oy veh, Sandra! You have quite the list there. The books sound great!

Have fun reading. And please stop back on October 1st to check out my "Pay It Forward" Book Exchange. :)

alisonwonderland said...

i'm not familiar with any of the books on your list, so i'll be interested in finding out what you think. happy reading!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that beautiful list - loved how you showed the covers, I had a good laugh on the Dixie Cash bookcover!

I put the Highlander Book on my wishlist at amazon because it sounded so funny!

Have a great reading time,
Helen

Christi said...

Great list, Sandra!

Happy Reading!

Katrina @ Callapidder Days said...

It looks like you have lots to keep you busy this summer! Thanks for being part of Fall into Reading -- enjoy your books!

smilnsigh said...

WooT! As someone who watched {and owns} 6 Seasons of 'Highlander, The Series' from tv... That "Highlander In Her Bed" sounds like FUNNNNN! >,-)

Mari-Nanci

Becky said...

I love Julia Quinn :)

Cheri said...

Wow- that's quite a list! I love Lori Wick- I'm sure those will be great. Hope you don't get too busy reading that you don't have time to blog- you would be missed!
Cheri

Renee said...

Sandra, what a great list of books!! I am definitely going to be reading a lot of what you've posted here...they all sound so good!

Leah said...

What a great list you've got going! Several were new to me, but sounded so very intriguing ~ By Arrangement, and The Secret Diaries. The one by Dixie Cash sounds like a riot! I may have a few new ones to add to my list now... Hope you will take your own advice and "cuddle up on the couch with a blanket and a good book"! Sounds like a plan to me!

Anonymous said...

That looks like a fun reading list. I'm going to check out A Highlander in Her Bed. I look forward to reading your reviews.

Anonymous said...

Love your book list display! Happy reading...

Deena Peterson said...

Dixie Shepherd looks like fun! I'll have to check that one out:-)

Nise' said...

I love the Case For books. I may have to get the Dixie Cash book for my daugher. She teached cosmetology and always has great looking hair!

Susanne said...

I have not read a one of these. I loved your description of being like a kid in a candy store. That's exactly how it was with me.

Happy reading, Sandra.

MrsMomma said...

Great list! I love Lori Wick, though I haven't read that series. My sister has recommended it to me highly. I'm also a historical romance fan. I really enjoyed Lori Wick's English Garden series. Have you ever read Catherine Palmer? She has some good books, too. Can't remember the name of the series but the first book is English Ivy.

Happy reading!
-Heather

Kelkat said...

Sandra, your new blog layout is nice. Did you have someone do it for you? I am working on mine and would love to have design at the sides. Your blog inspires me because you admit to that it is sometime hectic, yet you have a positve attitude (and a great blog, I might add!) I admire that you have incorporated your Christian beliefs as well. Take care.

Anonymous said...

I have never read any books by Lori Wick, but I have heard they are good! Happy Reading!

gail@more than a song said...

Great list! I'll have to try the Tucker Mills books sometime. Lee Strobel books are good too but mostly my hubby reads those!

Courtney said...

What a list! I must get the Dixie Cash book. Looks great! Reminds me a little of Steel Magnolias which my all time favorite movie. Have a blast reading. I know you will though:) Have a wonderful week.
Love ya,
Court♥

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

What a great mix of books Sandra! I've read the Tucker Mills books and really loved them. Bet you're going to enjoy all of these - Happy Reading!

Anonymous said...

"OOOH YOU..." you make me want to curl up on the sofa by the crackling fire with a hot cup of coco or tea...to read away!!"

Love your inspiration, I will have to check them out;-))

Hugs,
Jeannene

Terri said...

I've got the Lee Strobel book. I've got to work my way through that one. The book by Dr. David Jeremiah looks really good too. I never know what I'm going to read until I get to the library. I just start looking around and I usually end up with a bunch.