Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Oh the joy of coffee!!!


I don't have many things in life that I truly feel like I need to have everyday, no real indulgences, well............other than coffee.

It's crazy how much a part of my life and routine it's become, my body gravitates towards the kitchen in the morning and as if in programmed mode it gets the coffee pot going.

So when something happens to upset that rhythm, I get cranky.


It so happened that this morning was one of those, I was fasting for 12 hours to get my Cholesterol test done, so I got up and as usual went into the kitchen only to stare at the empty coffee pot and realize "You can't have any until AFTER the test"........Great, so now I'm already irritated, I'm also hungry but can't eat anything and Jasmine is doing the usual 8 year old girl trying to get ready for school thing. Doesn't want to wear this, doesn't want to wear that, these shoes, no those shoes, do my hair up, no I want it down........UGH!!!
Diva in training I tell you!!!!

I finally got down to the hospital and got the test done, you will all be happy to know that I am being tested for Cholesterol, Diabetes and my Thyroid.....I don't know why the thyroid but whatever LOL

I will let you all know once the results are in.

So it's 10:30 am and I'm sitting here FINALLY drinking my coffee and boy does it taste good. It's like instantly my body says "Oh yes, this is right".

***************************************

I've been trying to catch up with all the blog visits but it's just taking forever, I am not spending time on the computer like before, which has helped my eye strain immensely........but you guys just blog way too much, you're always blogging and posting and I can't keep up. Maybe you should all stop for a week???? Just so I can get up to date???? No???? Oh well, it was worth a try.

Sunday I felt horrible, I seem to have a bit of a cold going on and the allergies were just overwhelming so I was pretty much good for nothing..........other than cooking. Do you know that when I don't feel well is when I actually enjoy cooking the most???? Is that not the weirdest thing on earth???

Well the kids were outside playing and Curt was watching them, the neighbors were in their yard and invited the kids over to their house for their little one's birthday. I couldn't go so Curt went with them. They had a blast, go to play with water balloons and by the time they returned home 2 hours later, they were soaking wet and talking a mile a minute about what fun it was.

While they were gone I had Betsy's Chicken Bacon & Swiss Melts in the crockpot and I baked some fresh Amish White Bread. Their faces when they returned home was just too funny, they couldn't believe I had cooked while sick but they didn't complain once I started slicing that hot bread and spreading yummy butter on it. If you've never tried the recipe, you have GOT to try it. I first found it at Kelli's blog and have since made it many many times, it's fast, it's easy and it's just sooooo good. They taste even better than they look, believe me.


We've been working on our trip to Africa next year, saving money, finding tickets etc....the kids are just super excited and so are we. I haven't seen my family in so long and I miss them dearly, I can't wait to get back home. I want to be able to show my children all the places I lived and went to school.

In the meantime, we're trying to enjoy Arizona and visit as much as we can while the summer is still here, not that it really matters, I don't think it ever gets really cold LOL

But we're also trying to do things that don't involve a lot of money seeing that we're saving for our trip. So this is what I've jotted down so far, we'll just cross them off the list as we go, some we may get to before the others, depending on how much they cost.

Arizona Sight Seeing:

The Wrigley Mansion
Historic Heritage Square
Tombstone
Lake Havasu
Castles and Coasters *amusement park*
Challenger Space Center
Valley Rock Art Center


I'll continue adding to that list and will actually put it on my sidebar so that I can cross it off as we go.

It's amazing how time just flies, I started this post in the morning and it's now 2:30pm and I'm finally getting back to finishing it and posting. What a crazy day.

I leave you with what is going on in my neck of the woods. Have a wonderful Tuesday!



For dinner I'm making Hoagie Burgers, the recipe is on my food blog.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi,
LOL I know how it is my oldest daughter is the same way and my youngest daughter getting there. yeah I have 2 girls lol and both are girly! lol
i got to try the chicken bacon & swiss melts and the white bread that sounds yummy!

and i also i know abt the coffee addiction cause im not addicted to coffee but i am that way with pepsi lol
sandra have a great day! and i pray that your test results comes out good.
tasha

Mari said...

I am one of those people who don't like coffee, but I do have other addictions - like chocolate. I have made Betsy's recipe and it is great. I'll have to try the bread. I'm very impressed that you made homemade bread when you were sick. You are a dedicated wife and Mom!

Looney Mom™ said...

You think she's a diva now? Just wait until she's a teenager!! Aye, aye, aye!! LOL!

That bread does look good. I'm going to have to go get the recipe.

Thanks for stopping by with kind words and prayers during our time of grieving.

Jen said...

Those places seem really cool. I have been Tombstone....very cool. I so hope you can save enough to head out to South Africa....I know it would mean the world to you. I make Kelli's bread too...its fantastic. Madison made some by herself Sunday...she was so proud of herself...

Kelli said...

I'm glad your test is over and you can enjoy your coffee again, Sandra! I bought a little sample of hazelnut coffee last week and I'm going back for a big bag of it soon. :0)
Your bread looks delicious! Now I'm hungry!!

Kelli

Susanne said...

I totally get you on the coffee thing. Totally.

You've got my mouth watering for hot, fresh bread out of the oven. I've never made bread before but this doesn't look so hard. I might give it a try.